You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Little Madeleine

Real Ghost Stories

Little Madeleine

 

We were house hunting again after the experience we had in the house my parents picked out for us. (Details in my previous story) After a long search we eventually found the perfect house, smaller than what we wanted but it was okay. We lived there for about a year or so before anything started happening.

My sister (4 at that time) started talking to herself. We blew it off at first but it kept going on and on so my mom thought it was because she was feeling rejected because of her having a new baby and all. We decided to talk to her and ask her if she was all right. She then said that she was okay, but her friend wasn't. So we asked her what was wrong with her friend and she said that Madeleine was shot and that she was lying in the reeds... That freaked us out a bit because a 4 year old shouldn't be talking about people being shot or anything like that. So we asked her who Madeleine was and she said that she visits her sometimes. We didn't know any of her school friends named Madeleine or that anyone with that name visited us in the time we lived at that house so we just left it there.

A few months after this, weird things started to happen. My sister's toys would mysteriously end up in one of the top cupboards in our room, which was strange because only my stepfather could reach the top cupboard when he's standing on a chair. (He's quite tall) My sister would look for her toys and say that Madeleine likes to play with them but she would never bring it back.

Another strange thing that happened was our parents bought us both a chocolate one day. My sister ate hers immediately but I decided to keep mine until later. When I eventually wanted to eat it that night I couldn't find it anywhere, and assuming it was my sister, I yelled at her for taking mine. She denied it and my parents also swore they didn't eat it. Then my sister said that Madeleine said she wanted it and she took it with her to the cupboard. My stepfather then went to have a look and he surprisingly found the chocolate bar, opened and broken into pieces, along with some of my sister's toys that went missing that day.

The next thing happened about 2 or 3 weeks after the chocolate incident. I was helping my sister taking a bath one night. I was sitting there reading a magazine when my sister mumbled something. I asked her what she said and she told me she wasn't talking to me, she was talking to Madeleine. I felt uneasy at that but I just left it there and kept on reading. After a few minutes I decided to play a small trick on her. I said to her: "Oh look, Madeleine wants to take a bath with you. Look, she's standing right next to you." My sister then looked at me like I was crazy, she then laughed and said: "No silly, she's been reading with you this whole time! She's standing next to you!" I felt my heart go mad in my chest when she said that. I then jumped up and left the bathroom as quick as I could and told my mom to rather go and help my sister.

That was one of the weird experiences I had with this little ghost girl, have a few others but I will share them later on.

The only thing that bothers me was that my sister said she was shot and was laying somewhere in the reeds. I don't know if that was maybe the way she died or something?

But anyway, thanks for reading

Other hauntings by Shayliha

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shayliha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shayliha (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Thanks for commenting...

I'm not sure if my sister meant weeds or reeds now that you mention it. Like I said in my previous comment I don't know if my sister still speaks to her, but I will bring it up the next time I see her!

And if she's still there, I will ask her to tape it...

😉
kailee114 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
i think you should either look for reeds or weeeds. I have a ghost experience with a young boy who died tragicly and I helped him cross over. Poor madeline 😐 😭
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
moonshadow: I was also thinking what you mentioned because why would a spirit express what happened to it and where it is if it did not want something to come of it?, only a possibility and suggestion but worth mentioning thanks for bringing this up.

Dan
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Id say this girls spirit wanted her body found so she could get closure and move on into the light. 😢
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Shayliha: Another great story, the bathroom incident would have been quite creepy, did you experience anything yourself besides the chocolate going missing? I'm am gathering you sister is quite young or was, have you tried talking to her about the girl since? I feel sorry for Madeleine not a nice thing to happen hopefully she has moved on.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
belle_bear (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
creepy... Especially the chocolate incident... Poor little girl: (
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
That is so sad what happened to Madeleine. I can't help but wonder if your sister meant she is lying in the "weeds" instead of reeds. Many children pronounce words a little differently before they start school. Was there a place around the house or land that was covered in weeds? Perhaps that is where her body was. Thank you for sharing your story. Take care 😊 ❤
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
What if you were to set up a video camera and record the cupboard where these odds and ends keep disappearing in?

If these events are as common as you say then there should be no problem in filming one.

You could then upload it onto youtube and provide us with a link.

Be sure to provide evidence that the cupboard is empty at the beginning of the film. Else no one will believe you (nor should). 😁
Shayliha (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Hey there no_XIII...

Thanks for the help!

Since this incident my sister didn't seem to talk to her that much, or not that we know of at least... Our things kept on getting lost and ending up in the cupbord but we eventually got used to it after a while. And this happened quite a few years ago and I have since moved out of the house so I don't know if she's still around and if my sister still talks to her... (My parents are non beievers so they don't talk about it at all!)

But anyway, thanks for commenting, will keep you posted with more stories!

Oh and welcome to YGS!

😉
no_XIII (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Whoa, cool, by the way, I'm a new guy here. Madeleine got shot, what an awful way to die. Well, it doesn't seem to be Hostile, just annoying. Why don't you talk to her, tell her that she's dead and need to cross over. If you can't try make your sister talk to her, maybe that would help. I hope I could help you more but I'm just a rookie. I hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Nathan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: