You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Don't

Real Ghost Stories

Don't

 

Let me tell you some details about myself. I am a 21 year old college graduate and live in the State College region. I don't think I have any type of special "gifts" or anything like that. Yes, some places I feel uneasy or I feel like I'm being watched. But I'm sure a lot of people get that due to anxiety or just due to their surroundings. I can't go to sleep at night until 1-3 am because I'm weird like that and I have to have some type of music on to fall asleep (I mention this because I don't want to explain later). Anyways, I started working in housekeeping at a hotel when I was eighteen. When you work in housekeeping you have to stay alert of your surroundings, clean well, and try to stay out of the guests way. I know that the hotel has had a person die there due to a heart attack but never thought anything of it. Sometimes I would feel like someone was right behind me or watching me when I was cleaning in a room or just walking down the hall. I would look and no one would be there so I just shrugged it off thinking it was only my surroundings. My boyfriend and I did stay at the hotel once when the weather was bad and I had to go to school the next morning and I felt perfectly fine about it. I graduate college in September of 2009, and was working at the hotel full-time until I could get a job with my degree.

This brings us to January of 2010. It was a Saturday night and a couple of coworkers and I were staying at the hotel due to bad weather coming in. It was a fun, relaxing night. We watched a couple TV shows and played a couple games of pool. It was around 11 pm by the time I went to my room and I locked the door with the chain thingy and the bolt lock. I got a shower, crawled into bed, did a little reading, and watched a little TV. By then it was 2 am, so I turned everything off and laid on the right side of the bed with my back facing the window and my front facing the bathroom. Everything was really quite, so I started humming the first song that popped in my head. Amazing Grace. Now let me remind you that I've been working at this hotel for almost 3 years, I know the sounds and feels of it down to which door gets hung up on the carpet when you open it. So I was lying there humming away and I started to drift into sleep. I wasn't humming much and about to sleep when from the right bottom side corner of the bed I heard a man's deep voice in a whisper/normal voice clearly say "Don't". I almost sh** myself. First thing that happened was all the hairs on my body stood up and it felt like everything froze on my body. Then I started thinking there is no way anyone got into my room everything is locked up, I would have heard something, felt something. Then I listened really hard to see if I could hear anything else. There was no sound, the air con wasn't on, and there was no movement in the room, no sounds coming from the hallway or the rooms beside me. I laid there for a good 10 minute fully awake not moving a muscle calming myself down and praying. I finally moved and turned on the TV and a little while later I fell asleep.

I told my coworkers the next day and they believed me instantly. I don't know why they didn't think I was crazy or something but they believed me. I thought about it all day and told my mother when I got off work. About a month later I got a job that I went to college for.

I didn't mean for this to be so long and I do apologize, but this only happened to me once before, about 4 or 5 years ago, in a totally different place and I thought it was only my imagination. I'd like to know what this sounds like to other people. I want to know that it's not my imagination and I heard what I heard. This will always remain in my mind as one of the most compelling moments of my life. I hope you enjoyed reading about my experience, and if anyone else has had such an experience with a beloved pet, please do share. Thank you.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mandy27Sue, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mandy27Sue (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Miracles51031 & reneespring-The last part about the pet, I didn't wirte that. I typed my experience on word first and I definitely don't have anything about pets on my copy. So I have know idea where it came from.

Zzsgranny- I live in Centre County, like 10 minutes away from Penn State Main.

When I told my mother about it she said the same thing you did about how it might not wanted me to stop humming.

What do I feel it was? I'm certain there was something in the room with me. After I submitted my experience, I started to really think about what happen that night and how it effected me. Then I started to think of the first time something like this happen to me and how similar my reaction to it was. The only difference is that I was in my own house when it happened, wide awake.
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Dear Mandy,

You said that you were drifting off to sleep. During the time of sleep and wakefulness weird things tend to happen. Sometimes I hear things during that time. 😉
reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Mandy, you said: "I hope you enjoyed reading about my experience, and if anyone else has had such an experience with a beloved pet, please do share. Thank you."
But you did not mention any beloved pet anywhere in your account.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Mandy: That was pretty cool... Either they didn't like the song, or didn't want you to stop... I don't think it was your imagination though...

I'm sorry, but I find it hilarious that a college grad uses the term "thingy"! 😆...Sounds like one of my sayings!...Are you from western Pa?...I'm from north east Ohio... Just sounds like the stuff we say in that area...

What do you feel it was?
MissSensitive (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
I've had that happen to me as well. You described it sooo much better than I did. I felt the exact same way just "whao...Wow!" Shock, and disbelief. I don't think that you were just hearing things.

Thanks for sharing. ❤
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
To me it sounded like they didn't want you to stop humming, and wanted to listed to Amazing Grace more. And I also lost you at the end with the reference to a pet.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Mandy27Sue - I was with you right until the end. But somewhere I missed the reference to the beloved pet? 😕
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
I understand that you would want someone to tell you it wasn't imagination, but only you know for sure what you heard. I personally believe you, especially since you were so familiar with the place.
roates (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
This has happened to me as well except I was at my house and it happened to me 3 times and the voice told me DIE.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: