You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Friends Fairwell

Real Ghost Stories

Friends Fairwell

 

I'm new to this website and first of all I'd like to say it's great. I have told you I have had a scary experience. This is some what different; this was the most beautiful thing that's ever happened to me.

A few years ago, a childhood friend passed away. Lord have Mercy on his soul... I hadn't seen him for a few years prior to his death. He had moved away for work. He took a fall and died. Me and you could fall 100 times a day, get back up shake our selves off and carry on. But he was just unlucky. I didn't believe a thing until he was brought home. Very sad time.

Anyways, the night before the funeral I was in bed, now I will tell you I did smoke a joint just before this happened. So you can make up your own mind about it. I was lying in bed thinking about him, I was not asleep but I did have my eyes closed and all of a sudden I got this warm, calm feeling all over my body, I didn't know what it was at first but then (still with my eyes closed) I saw him, I couldn't speak for a moment but then everything came flooding out. And he just told me everything was alright, then he hugged me, I felt the most explosive feeling of love ever.

There is a window in my roof and my bed was under it, I opened my eyes and an orb just flew up and out the window. I lay in bed and cried for about an hour with mixed emotions, Sad because I'll never see him again, well maybe I will but it's going to be a long time, with the Grace of God! And happy because I know he got in... He's in a much better place than this one. And plus I was thinking did that just happen?

Other hauntings by Irishlasie

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Irishlasie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Really liked your story and it was comforting to know your friend thought of you enough to call to you and say goodbye... For awhile. 😁
jenheartsu (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
I really just teared up. That was the sweetest story I've ever read. I hope my best friend does that to me when she dies. That had to be the best thing to ever happen to you.
Randcan (62 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
It's true that marijuana is a hallucinatory drug, but drugs like that, do at times, put you in such a restful state that your brainwaves can go to Alpha and Theta, and you can perceive the supernatural around you. I believe you did encounter your friend. I envy you!
corrinnegirlXD (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-03)
that is a very sad story and I believe you. It's what you saw and you should believe in what you see.:D
yellowbelle (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-02)
i feel so sad for you.
I don't know how it would feel like losing a very dear friend...

Anyway like what you said, he's in a better place now.

Thank you for sharing
Irishlasie (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
to aussiedaz, good day mate, lol and to everyone else that's took the time to read my story, thanks a mill for your comments. I'll tell you the truth, I am sad that's he's gone, but my sadness is over powered by the fact that's he's up there in heaven having a ball! Live and let live and you'll get your free pass in. Happy days ❤ ❤ ❤
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
Beautiful story Irish, not all experiences are frightenin/bad an this is one more example of such. Thank you for sharing.
bpurplerose22 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Oh my gosh I liked your story very much. It's good to know that those who have passed want us to know that they're ok. I'm sorry to hear that your friend passed though I can't even imagine how you must feel.

Really good story 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Top of the morning to you we lassie 😁I have been waiting all my life to say that to someone and welcome to the site, your experience was certainly a spiritual one, It is something you can cherish for the rest of your life, a blessing from the lord, God bless you and thank you for sharing your story. ❤
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Lasie,
Losing a loved one is one of the hardest things to endure. Your friend knew this would be a difficult time for you, and he chose to spend his last moments in our world with you. You should be honored.

Lou
Bellacake78 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
oh wow that is sad! I would be crying too but I woundn't know why.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: