You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Afghan Vet

Real Ghost Stories

Afghan Vet

 

I am an Army infantry man who just got home from afghan after a year tour. Early one morning I heard a loud sound in a corner and I had a large fan on so it woke me up fast and I got my hand gun and got up and yelled at what ever made that noise to get out. I got back in bed and went to sleep a few hours later I was on my left side and felt the mattress move up and push me up on my back then I couldn't move and felt electricity in my body and I couldn't breathe. I fought it and moved after about 30 seconds then got up looked around and called my girlfriend and then my sister who came over.

When my sister came over I wanted to get some more sleep so I took her two dogs to my room and went to sleep and one of the dogs got off the bed and got sick and the other one barked a few times but we all fell asleep. An hour passed and a loud noise hit and I jumped up and thought I saw an afghan female next to me and my sister heard the noise from downstairs and came up and said I was white as a ghost.

While in afghan I had so much stress and never talked to God, and was angry lots so I hope I didn't let evil in my life or carry something back from combat since I was a gunner in a combat area.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, armyinfantry, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RSeal (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Hey, Buddy. I haven't been to this sight in a while, so I missed your post. I hope by now the occurances have subsided. I don't know if they were paranormal or not. I do know that I had experiences like this (except for the dogs part) when I first came home. Do you have problems with sleep when you're not in your house? If so, you may be having some leftover stress issues. If that is the case, go talk to someone. If not, I'd be interested in any follow up you may have.
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
hmmm...sounds like a fatigue delusion to me... Take rest, and if necessary take anti-depressants
no_XIII (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Whoa, you're in the army, have try shooting targets with M4 Carbines like M4A1 or do you prefer the Classic M16 Assault rifle (I know this has nothing to do with Ghosts, I just love Guns). Try use Smudging technique, it helps. Keep us Posted.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
DV;

Congrats to you and your husband to be. I'm also a veteran.

This may be PTSD, (In WWI it was called Shell Shock, and in WWII, it was called Battle Fatigue) - or it may be demonic. In this case, I'm not sure. But if it isn't PTSD, please get and use Catholic Holy water, especially at night, and use the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. MIchael the Archangel, who's the patron saint of cops and soldiers. If it comes back, email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
First of all, thank you for your service. My soon-to-be-husband is also a service member who completed a combat tour in Iraq and I can assure you that he's had more than one creepy paranormal experience since he's been back.

I wonder how many vets are here with experiences.

I think that being in the military, and particularly for individuals who have seen combat first-hand, makes you much more susceptible to paranormal encounters because you are in a place where serious injuries, death, and so much negative energy are present. Your senses are on edge constantly because you are waiting for the axe to fall, so to speak. I do have to agree with what others have stated--that this could be the product of PTSD and stress-enduced sleep paralysis--but it could also be a paranormal encounter from your "third eye"-opening experiences.

Love and light...DA
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
What feelings did you get when you thought you saw the woman? I know you were already on edge. Also started from being woken up, and what had happened earlier in the evening. But think back. Did you feel fear, or negative energy when you saw her?

It was a war zone. It could be that if you did see someone, that she is just very lost, and even more confused than you. If you see her again, and she doesn't seem negative, then maybe you need to help her to help yourself get over what happened while deployed.
bayouboy (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
You said that your stress build up caused you to stop talking to God. I noticed in my own life that the further away from God I was, the more common paranormal activity became. If you seek a solution, just as it is with any problem, He is right there waiting for you to talk to Him. I hope that God blesses you, and I want to thank you for your service to my country.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
A non paranormal theory that my help you sleep better. Before you go to bed take D-3. REM or deep sleep usually takes about an hour to get to but, can take less if sleep deprived. When you go into REM sleep the area of your brain that suppresses negative emotions or memories kind of stops doing it's job. There are many theories why this happens most likely it's your brain is trying to recall these instances so that it can figure out how to deal with or avoid them in the future. To avoid having you deal with that stress while you are awake. However with combat memories and emotions being recalled can easily disturb sleep. So why the D-3? Vitamin D helps expand your comfort zone and reduce stress. Another thing that may help and I have used is putting a glass of salt water on the bed stand whether it is the salt or the added peace of mind that helps with sleep I'm not sure but it does seem to help.
Pudge23 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Just want to say thank you for all you done over seas. I don't have advise for you other than I will pray for you and may God bless you.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
First off, thank you. I appreciate all that the military goes through for us, and truly, bless you.
This sounds rather like a post traumatic stress incident causing some sleep issues, particularly sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis happens when your mind comes awake before your body does, and you are fully aware, but unable to move. Occasionally with sleep paralysis you get the Old Hag phenomenom, which is where you see an old woman sitting on your chest or standing nearby. Since Afghanistan is fresh in your mind, your Old Hag was an Afghan woman. The dogs may have simply been reacting to your stress.
However, you may well have had something follow you home.
As Moongrim suggested, a talk with veteran's services would probably be benificial. In the meantime, before you go to bed at night, sprinkle salt around your bed, across the doorway to your room, and across the windowsill. Salt makes a barrier against negative energy, and it has worked for me many times.
Brightest Blessings
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
I suggest you talk to Veteran's Services.

Http://sdvs.georgia.gov/02/sdvs/home/0,2456,26646926,00.html;jsessionid=23CFC22795E59444A6BCDA0AFBB7F81F

When I got back from Kuwait, I was much in the same boat.
pipsta (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Hey mate, as a former soldier myself, I understand the stress of combat and the associated emotion while deployed.

This seems that you have had something follow you home from the Gan.

If it happens again you can either try to ask the entity to go away, or resort to religion, if that is your thing.

Take it easy mate, and I hope the rest of your adjustment to return to normal life is smoother than it started.

Take care,
Craig

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: