You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghosts Or Madness?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Or Madness?

 

I'll start by saying hi.

My house isn't exactly old; I think its early 1900s. We've lived there for 10 years, and there has not been much in the way of ghosties or anything of the sort, just the odd thing. Most of what happens is in the bedroom on the left upstairs, my 'temporary' bedroom. It used to be my youngest sister's room, and before that my 3rd youngest sister's room. My youngest sister, 3 at the time, now 5, would wake up screaming and crying, but for no reason we could see. She would just want to have mum with her, and wouldn't let her go.

Since I moved into that room, there has been really weird things happening, the worst (scariest in my opinion) being a few months ago, at about 4:49 am (kind of sad how I recorded the time) when the duvet covers flew off me, just like that, nothing to explain. As you can probably guess, I freaked out, and couldn't move because of that, until morning eventually came. I told my mum, who asked if I hadn't just kicked it off while I was asleep. I took this into consideration, but I am also, according to my friend, very still in my sleep.

Another time, this could have only been a few weeks back, this time at about 2:03, I woke up, having heard the sliding cupboard door open (these are really noisy) panicking, I sat up really quickly, facing the doors. For a fraction of a second, I saw a man, I'm not sure how old he was, but he was grinning in this really mad way, and looked like he had a straight jacket on, or something similar. Being logical, I figured that the two can't be linked, because you'd need hands to pull the covers off a bed.

There have also been other things, such as things going missing, and turning up in my bed in the morning, things like phones, a screwdriver, the house key, a watch and cello tape (random), so am I being haunted, or am I just a bit crazy?

Other hauntings by Rengor_Ifield

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rengor_Ifield, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Brooklynnberceuse (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Hey there's nothing wrong with madness! Normal is completly mediocre anyway...madness, trickery, and fantasy is good for the mind in my opinion 😁 But I would be just as freaked out as you, if I was in your shoes! I'm a wuss when it comes to the super natural! 😊
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Hi Rengor,

You may be a little mad, but don't worry... That's perfectly normal on this forum.

MARMALAIDE! 😆
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Hi;

These are classic symptoms during the demonic phase of harrassment called infestation, i.e. Things will disapper and will turn up hours or days later, in a place you are sure you searched. The'man' was a demonic apparition, and the covers' movement was also fairly typical. I investigated one case wherein the closet door kept opening over and over again, even with two grown men attempting to stop it. They are not weak, at all.

I urge you to get and use, especially at night, Catholic Holy water. Also, the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Archangel will give this vile visitor a moment of pause.

If Catholic, pls. Attend Mass, confession, and Holy Communion - often. The Holy Rosary also helps big time.

Whether Catholic or not, get and liberally use that CAtholic Holy water. Email me, if any more problems at Dukes2352atAOL.com.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Is there any way that you can do some research on your home and find out what might have been on the land before the house? If there could have been an asylum on the land or anything like that? Otherwise this entity might have just been messing with you and appeared as something creepy to get a rise out of you.
no_XIII (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
You should've add Spartan in the Middle of Ghost and Or, so you know, when someone says that's Madness you could say "This IS SPARTAN!". Okay, creepy grinning guy and straight jacket could mean that maybe he could be an escapee from a nearby Asylum or at least the closest. Thats a Creeepy Spirit you got there and the mad grin, reminds me of an Anime character. Keep us posted okay Rengor_Ifield.
KirstyLouise (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
That story really freaked me out.
A straight jacket... Gosh I would freak if that was me!
When you go to bed place a penny in a circle of tape. If it's moved in the morning the next night do the same thing and try to record it!

That's what I did... But be careful when you watch it, if you do have ghosts it's kind of scary!

-Kirsty
Xxx
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Hi Rengor, the man in a straight jacket-esk caught me as being out of place, ghost/spirits don't typicaly change cloths from what ever the wore when the perished, was/is there anything in your area that would account for such and apperance? And sure the two can be connected how did he open the cuboard with no hands, But could not pull back the covers? Besides if he is, crazy seems logical he would pull the covers off people for no particuler reason.
joebrown23305 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
send me a message if it works, ill try my best to help you out further on.
joebrown23305 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Its alright, wait until a bit later during the night when its quiet and talk to it and see if it responds for example ask if anyone is there please respond...

And if if that's work smessage and ill help you out
PoppyXred (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
wow, I was a bit freaked out but you should get a ppiest to come to year house and check things out but don't worry xx poppy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: