You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: R. I. P.

Real Ghost Stories

R. I. P.

 

This story takes place back in January 2006. Just to catch you all up with some back ground. This was the month my husband and I first met and had our first date. We married 3 months later.

Sadly my brother killed himself back in 2005 at my house while I was at work. I still lived home with our mom and our mom seen the whole thing. I get a phone call at work from my Aunt telling me I needed to come home and told me why and all I could hear was my mom screaming. I raced home to what seemed like a horror flick. My other brother was there with my sister, Aunt, Uncle and well seemed like the whole police department and of course the corner. I watched them pick up my brother and drive away.

I am the youngest out of my brothers and sisters. My mom was 40 years old when she had me. My brother was 42 when he passed away. Months passed, life went on and soon it was January. I met my husband while I was at work. Our first date was like nothing I have ever felt before. I knew I loved him from the start. (If you read my first story you would see I have a daughter... She was two when I first met my husband but she loves him as her own dad) just so you understand that part. Well 2 weeks from our first date he popped the question and moved in with me. That's when weird stuff started. My brother was very protective over his little sister "me"!

I came home from work one day and my to be husband was a little freaked out. I asked what was wrong and he tells me that stuff in the house has been moving. I thought to myself, "ok...whatever"! That night I wake up and could hear what seemed like a party going on in the living room. My mom was out of town working, nobody else was there with us not even my daughter. (She stayed the night with her father) I couldn't understand what was being said and I for the first time was too scared to move. I eventually went back to sleep once the noise died down.

The next morning I got up and went to work like I always did and I remember thinking about what happened and tried to figure out if it was all a dream or what. Well like always when I got off I picked my daughter up from daycare and went home. I cooked, we all ate, got our baths and before I knew it was time for bed. I remember laying their wanting to tell my to be husband but he was already freaked out from what he seen, well we go to sleep and this time I get woke up by my (let's just call him my Hubby). He seemed like he was trying to scream and was moving like he was wrestling something. I didn't know if he was dreaming or what was going on. It was dark and I couldn't really see too good. He finally starts screaming my name and tells me he's been trying to wake me up and has been screaming my name. I didn't know what to think because I was awake or I thought I was. Well my Hubby jumps out of bed and turns the light on in our room and starts telling me that something was trying to pull him threw the bed! This time I believed him and wanted to get out of my house as fast as I could. I went and got my daughter out of bed and we grabbed some clothes and left that night.

We went and stayed the night at my Hubby's parent's house. I remember the next day at work I was so tired from the night before and once again I couldn't get my mind off what was happening. I did what any girl would do by now, I called my mom. She was still out of town but I start crying and telling her everything that's been happening. My mom ends up coming home because she could tell I was freaked out! So then my mom's home and a few nights go by and nothing happens. I remember being too scared to take a shower or to even be in a room by myself. Anyhow things got quiet for a few weeks and I remember waking up one night and something just tells me to check on my mom so I go and peep into her room and I see she has her night light on and she was sitting on the side of the bed, with her back to me and I see she has something in her hands so I go ahead in and I asked her what was she doing? I looked down in her hands and see she's holding a picture of my dead brother. She starts to cry and I just sat down beside her and just held her.

The next day was the weekend so I was off of work. My mom and I did some yard work together that day and didn't really say much to each other. I don't know why but neither of us had much to say, well later on into the night my mom comes into my room where I was just laying in bed and watching some TV. My mom sits by me and starts telling me she was laying in bed (couldn't sleep) last night and she heard my brother say "Mom" she said she turns and sees him in the bathroom doorway, she said she turned her night light on and then he was gone. My mom tells me she thinks it's my brother just protecting me. He really hated me dating because they'd break my heart. I guess you would understand if you have a big brother or sister that protects you or you could be the big brother or sister. Well after she said that it seemed like everything made more sense. I remember talking to him and telling him that if it is him then to stop because what he's doing is scaring me. I guess that's all it took because it stopped.

I dream of my brother sometimes and if you read my first story you would see we (my husband, my daughter and I) moved to G.A and after we had our son stuff starts here. I hope you all enjoyed. Sorry it's so long but I tried to keep it short and not leave anything out. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks for reading my story.

Other hauntings by rhondaskppr

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rhondaskppr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Sound like we have something in comment I mean my uncle's wife daughter put him in jail for You know like your brother's step daughter did. But my didn't common sudient and I'm sorry to hear about your brother people like them can be dang cruel don't worry god will punish them for what they did to him same goes to my step cousin since her mom died of brain tumer
TJR (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
We are a reputable paranormal research group that does these kind of investigations. If you are interested, we have plenty of equipment to try and get evidence and we do a professional job. We will document and verify every piece of evidence that is found. We do not charge the client for this. Afterwards, after we review all of our evidence we will send you a dvd of all the evidence we did find.
You can email us at acknowledgingsupernaturalspirits [at] hotmail.com
Pattydole70 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
I am so sorry about the loss of your brother. I do not view his death as a suicide. I think that he was assainated, though not in the literal sense. What these people did to him was beyond cruel and I hope to GOD that they live with that guilt
Until their dying day.
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
Sorry about your brother. It's so hard loosing a loved one!
That must have scared the poop out of your husband!
deannah (12 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-26)
I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know what that would be like because I'm an only child, but I do believe that he's just looking out for you. I'm the oldest out of all of my cousin's and we are all very close so I tend to feel at times like I need to protect them. So I guess that's what he thinks he's doing for you. I don't know how I would've felt either. I just hope that he's finally found peace.
jashu (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
According to me, your brother is more concerned about u,its not correct to sent him away, pray him daily in a loving manner such that no obstacles should come in your family way and certainly he would do it
ghostlygirl3512 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-19)
aw, I so feel so bad for you! To lose a brother that way to such an awful women! Lol, I see why she was put in the loney bin.
Anywho, its most defiantly your brother who was with you. I don't know why your Hubby was being pull threw the bed. Who knows! Maybe ghosts have ways of testing to see if a persons bad and your bro was protecting you again.
And for the reason why you didn't really "remmber" talking to your brother until later, sometimes a spirit will sorta "store" your memoreis until you can handle them.

I hope your brother has found peace!

Blessed be
Lolli ❤
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-19)
hi I am so so sorry for you loss of your brother, that's a really sad story, I hope things get better for you, tell your brother that you are ok he will listen to you, cheers di
cm2cool4u (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-16)
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
This is... Awesome no scary
amy111 (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-16)
this is scary. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
Thank you all for your kind words. Since my story got posted I've noticed I'm very emotional about what happened back then to him. I guess writing it and reading it, seeing all the comments it brought back all the memories. I miss my brother so much! We was very close and even tho he was much older then me we still played around like play fighting and stuff... I hate my kids will never meet one of their uncles but his pictures are all over my moms house but they really don't know who he is. We will all be together in heaven again one day. Thanks again you guys
EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
Hi

Thanks very much for your comment on my story "Unwanted Company at night". I will certainly take your advice on board and let you know what happens.
I am very sorry to hear of your brother's tragic death. With my sleep paralysis experience, I have also considered the possiblilty that my "possible haunting" is caused by a relative/relatives who have passed away under tragic circumstances. They do say that the energy of someone's life after death has to go somewhere. I do remember just after my uncle's death (he was 54 and died of cancer) that the kettle would come on by itself in my Nanny's house where he used to live. Then shortly after my Nanny's death, we had to get rid of her house and it is after all these tragic events that my weird experiences have been happening in our house now. I also remember one of my SP episodes happening on the anniversary of my grandfather's death. Maybe it is just coincidence. It could be that your brother is trying to help you and your mother come to terms with your loss by trying to communicate with you from the other side. It is scary, though with all these unexplainable situations. Anyway, I hope everything goes well for you and good luck for the future!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
rhondaskppr: What a horrible thing to go through as BadJuuJuu said I hope she is getting what she deserves I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. I understand the protectiveness issue I'm currently 26 and I have a sister who is 22 and I have always been over protective of her ever since I can remember. 😁

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Thank you badjuujuu... I think she's getting what's been coming to her.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
I'm sorry you had to lose a loved one in such a way. With the explanation of what happened to your poor brother I can certainly see why he would be concerned over your being in a relationship. Maybe he was afraid of you being hurt as bad as he was. Puts his seeming over-protectiveness in a new light.
Sounds like karma is doing to that woman what karma does best.
Blessings to you and yours ❤
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Sorry 2005... I believe I mentioned this in the story but if your confused. My brother died about 3 or 4 months before I met my now husband. Got married April 16th 2006 found out I was pregnant on my dad's birthday which is June 8th. I was about 2 weeks pregnant when I found out and he was born February 8th in 2007. Did I clear that part up. And you asked why did he stay and did what he did... Well if I was him I would have done the same thing... Pay backs a B**H.
Also I didn't mention they got a lot of money out of my brothers death and about a month ago she was committed to a crazy house.why? I don't know. Don't talk to that family since that last cell phone call. I just hope my brothers spirit / ghost drove them ALL crazy.
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Makaya...this happened in 2006... I didn't have my son until 2007
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Yes my brother took his life for a reason but I didn't get into all that in my story. It is pretty personal but I will say this.
He was married to a women (his 3rd wife) she had 2 daughters, one was already grown and the other one was around 15. Well the youngest daughter liked my brother and it wasn't in the step dad way. If you know what I mean. Well long story short she made a pass at my brother and when he turned her down it make her pretty pissed. (she was one of them kind of girls) well she tells her mom that my brother was the one making moves on her. She gets upset, calls the law and when one of my brothers friends hears it on the scanner he called my brother at work and told him the the law was coming to get him. The friend knew what was going on because he was the brother to my brothers wife. OK its getting long. Anywho the friend knew it was a lie and knew that his sister and niece was in on it together (Sickos). So my brother runs and comes out to my house and told our mom he wouldn't go back to jail. When my mom turns her back to call our family lawyer because we was going to fight this. We know what kind of women he married be he couldn't see it until it was to late. To my brother dying was the only way out. After I got the call at work and after about an hour the daughter starts calling his cell phone and I was pissed. I mean yes my brother could have fought it in court but to me their sick little plan was to much for him so I feel it was their fault. She calls and asks for my brother and here I am so upset and so mad at what she caused I told her that my brother just killed his self and she called me a f***ing liar which made me even more mad at her well they ended up finding out the truth and the came clean about what they did about 6 months later. I believe my brother haunted them until they finally told the truth. We didn't even get to have a funeral. That piece of crap women ended up cremated my brother and we was told we wasn't allowed at the wake and yes she could do that because she was his wife. They had the law at the wake waiting for us to show up so they could throw us in jail (we would have kicked their you know what for doing this to my brother) and she knew we would have. But we had our on little funeral / wake for my brother so we could pay our respect to him. We had a cross made at that time and planted flowers and just did it the way he would have wanted. Now there's a tombstone on the side of the dirt road where he died. Anymore questions that I might not have mentioned? Just let me know
makaya14 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
why do you think it stared over again after having your son and why did your brother tack hi own life 😢
angeldemon (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
why is it that your brothers soul decided 2 stay with u? Was he a bit too over protective 4 u? Or does it have anything to do with his personal life? I mean surely he took his life 4 a reason.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: