You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost In The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In The Closet

 

This is my second story submission and as with the other one, it is completely true. I have many more to share as my entire life I have had paranormal experiences. I also believe myself to be "insightful" and it does run in my family. Here goes;

The house I lived in when I was young had more than one spirit in it. There was both good and evil in the house and would be too much to list for one story, so you will be hearing from me again. This is the incident of the ghost in the closet. The house I lived in was very old with all the "old" style fixtures, doors and high windows. My bedroom had a huge closet with a wooden door on it.

Every night, almost every night while I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep, I would hear someone tiptoeing to the bed, the floors would creak, and I could feel the presence standing over me and watching me for a few minutes. After that, the presence would turn around and walk away... Into the closet. I don't know how I knew this because during these times I never saw anything... Just felt and heard a presence. At first it totally freaked me out but after awhile I got used to it and it was almost a nightly ritual. I looked forward to this nightly visit.

One evening I was in the bathroom (which was right across from my bedroom) and I saw a teenage girl with long, brown hair walk into the closet in my bedroom. I followed because I thought it was my sister who looked just like this. I spoke out my sister's name, but the spirit just walked right through the door into the closet. I ran downstairs, only to find my sister watching TV in the living room.

Well, my question for all of you experienced and not experienced people with the paranormal... Do you think it was just a ghost that I saw, or do you think this spirit could have been my "guide"?

Other hauntings by zetafornow

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zetafornow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

theshedcrew (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
I have a friend who use to live in Georgia. She once told me about when she lived in Savannah and every night a ghostly man would walk into her room, sit on her bed, take off his shoes and lay down directly beside her. This occurred every night she lived there.

Your story could be a residual haunting like my friend encountered
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
Also, Lucikr, (I couldn't help but ask this so you don't have to answer if you don't want to) what your friend's imitation/twin did?
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
Yes, she can come to you with a different appearance, she can possess someone, etc. She has a number of options to choose from. P.S. If you find out she is a demonic spirit or entity say 'I banish thee in the name of God/Jesus.' Hope this helps!
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
Thanks for all of the comments and helpful hints. I have had other experiences such as this. I have had other experiences in this house... As I stated I no longer live in but seems to draw me back. I have also had many experiences in other houses but I never saw that same girl again. I will be submitting some more stories as I do have a lot. I wonder... How many of you think that an experience such as this just ends and that's it. Or does something like this lie dormant, only to return? Also, this girl that I saw... Could she come back in other forms?
Psychicfamiliymoments (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
If it keeps on doing the same thing every night, then maybe you should check out if there is an quartz near, around, or underneath the house. Quartz is known to hold the past, so maybe something happened that6 the quartz is holding. If you feel and hear this "spirit", and only seen it this once, maybe its a ghast, a remnant of the originial spirit.
michiboi (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-26)
bla bla bla bla... Its called the doppelgangger it copies any one that wants it plays to unfortunate people... Its like to copy and have some fun that's what it do... Alot of stories I heard like that ~_~
Luciikr (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-25)
This might be a reason why, I might be wrong but just a try;
Your sister might off had a twin,
Who died at birth. Many off my friends have presence off their twins, for e.g my mate was sitting watching tv, and she saw a ghostly figure, with blonde hair, loads off eyeshadow on, and her necklace, that she wears. And I was there, it looked like her! So much. So ask your parents if there hiding somethink.

-Luciiiikr.<'3
DjLello96 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
Well,apperently it can't be a ghost or a guide. It's probably a spirit who had died there a long time ago (of course the house is old) And still the soul is wondering around the house. But if it keeps going to the same room everytime, maybe that's the room where the spirit used to sleep in. You never know. I don't much about this but I'm pretty sure that's the asnwer (:

- LelLO g. Babii
;D
spiritual_twinkie (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
I think it was a spirit. I also experineced the same thing as you.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
[suprise] is the closet located in the west wing? XD if it is, its the demon portal (not at all demonic they just called it demon) anyway I don't know much about homey spirit cause I haven't seen one in our house... 😊 by the way thanks for sharing your story...

-Aya Winchester
lillylove8988 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-20)
Ya a lot of the time portals reside in closets I have on in my or I think the same thing happens to me sometimes.
Blink_Powers (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-20)
Well, maybe there is portal that links ghostly world to our human world. They may reside in some areas in the house. Like comfort rooms, in garage, basement, etc. They usually hide in some dark areas in the house. If you are sensitive to those kinds of things, you're most likely tofeel their presence. If they're not doing any harm or bothersome activities, better just let them do their things and mind yours. It's very common for century old houses.
Talim (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-16)
I believe this could be a family member from a past life or maybe a guide because unless you ask them they won't approch you. I think it'd be best if you became aquanted with this spirit. Talk to them like you would a live person. There just dead not aliens. Unless you FEEL its an evil prescence then I believe you can ignore it welcome it or simply try to live with it. Ghosts are still humans souls. They will hopfully understand if there a good prescence that is simply watching over you. If there and evil or crule prescence I recomen sage or a cleansing ritual (unless it goes against your religion)

~darkness isn't always evil~
Talim ❤
ghostlygirl3512 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
I don't think "evil" is the right word for some of your spirits. I think that a word more like "cranky" or just a plain mean would work. Evil is a strong word, and thinking of it that way, only makes it worse.
Second, I know a lot about Guides because I have frequent contact with mine. Usually, they don't present themselves physically to people, but in a mental image when you contact them. Also, you would know if it was your Spirit Guide, you really wouldn't need to ask bacause you would get this overwhelming sense of Light and love.
I really think it was just a spirit that likes the closet, and is probally a risedual haunting cause it does it every night at around the same night.
Try to talk to it.
Ghosts are nothing to fear. They can't hurt you because they exist in the Astral Plane, not the Physical Plane, which makes doing something as simple as lifting a bowl difficult. The most they usual do are talk really quitely or bang on the wall or something.
Honestly, the only reason people fear ghosts are because they are unknown to use and remind us of the constant fear of Death. Really, when you see or hear a ghost, you're not afraid until after you KNOW it was a ghost.

If you don't want them there, ask them to leave. It's 90% effective. Also, remeber how much you love the house, and think of how much a ghost would love it too! They are still people, they're just dead!
Hope this helps!

Blessed be
Lolli ❤
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
If the same thing always happened at the same time it was probably just a "residual haunting." There's no intelligence there, it's just a memory repeating itself. I wouldn't be to worried about demons or evil. 99% of the time what seems to be "evil" is just someone who was a jerk in life being a jerk after death.
Ashmere (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-14)
Zetafornow,

I agree with oldgeorge,
Good and bad cannot reside in the same place or you and everyone around you would know about it,

I won't tell you that this is not a "guide"
Wether or not God is real is yet to be proven but if it was something along those term it would have at least spoken to you,

As for you seeing it, with spirits it takes them a phenomenal amount of energy to manifest a viewable apparition.

So maybe it was trying to get your attention.
As for the spirit looking over you at night,
This could be a close personal friend or family member that has passed away,
Or someone that used to live in that house and their spirit has taken an interest in you,
There is another story on this site that has something similar to that,
The story is titled
"He Won't Leave Me Alone..."

Have you had any similar experiences lately similar to the ones that you experienced in that house?

Thanks
Hayden
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
I personally do not think it is your guide. If it was she would of told you this by now.
She is just a curious spirit wandering around. Your closet seem to be a portal or something like that for her to come into this realm.
I see no need to sound the alarm on this one.

Great Story Though ❤
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
Just a few notes:

1) good and evil presences do not inhabit the same place in general. Otherwise the place would be in total chaos. Evil can masquerade as good, but never the reverse.

2) the fact you are drawn is another indication of demonic activity, since demons generally entice people into relationships through temptation or unnatural attraction.

3) demons and unwelcomed spirits generally will start by 'inhabiting' (i.e. Acting out) the spaces where humans are not, such as attic, basements, cupboards and closets. They are trying to get an invitation to come out. Once they do, they own the place.

4) God does assign those who ask Him a Guardian Angel, but it is not someone to have a relationship with. It is tasked with protection and nothing more. Other spirits will come to entice people into relationships, but these are fallen angels seeking to get us to abandon God. This can take years.

5) it is very difficult to reasonably, on one's own, discern spirits. Heck, we can't tell when living people are lying to us most of the times, so how can we judge a spirit? Best to treat them all with suspicion.

6) if you try to contact it, you are inviting it in and it will not leave voluntarily in some cases. Then you must be prepared for a fight, and potentially an extensive one based on who is enticing you.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
Thanks to those who have responded. When we first moved into the house, the neighbor lady told us that there was a family that lived in the house and their daughter died in the bathtub... She had epilepsy and had a seizure in the bathtub and drowned. I do not reside in this house any longer but I still have dreams about it and find myself driving by this house frequently. I always feel as if there is something that draws me back. There were many things that happened in that house... Doors slamming, windows slamming shut, noises... Like chains being dragged across the basement floor. My father would explain all of this by saying, "it is an old house with a lot of old noises". I always felt an evil presence in the house but not with this girl or the spirit that would check up on me every night. All of the dreams that I have are horrible dreams about the house. I also had a dog at the time who would run under the bed and hide for no reasons, many times. Thanks for all of the comments and thanks kat... I do believe that my guide is still around me at times.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
zetafornow: Yet another story involving a closet or a cupboard there seems to be something more to them then normal, people believe that they can act as a portal the same goes with mirrors. What you witnessed I believe sounds like it could have been just a residual haunting, has anyone else experienced anything? I'm going to sound like a broken record here but what about house and land history?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
katm72 (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Your guide would stay with you to protect you & guide you to make the right decisions in life, not walk away from you into the closet. It sounds like it was just a confused spirit. You said that you had good and evil spirits in your home. If she didn't seem threatening, she may be just trying to find her family. Why she is looking in the closet, I don't know. She may have just died in your home years ago, some spirits don't even realize that they are dead. Sometimes they need a little help to get to where they belong. When somebody dies unexpectedly it is hard for them to accept the fact that they have passed. Try to find records on this home. Go to your local court house or local library. Sometimes the people that sell these homes don't want you to know about deaths in the home in fear that you won't be interested in buying. It sounds like you don't live there anymore. If you are still interested in finding out who this particular spirit is, look into it. Good luck!
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
i agree with IwanttoHelp lol nice name by the way I just got that... Anyways you should find more out about the house and specifically any goings on in that room, was she wearing anything telling?
Spooky story but!
IwanttoHelp (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
I don't think its your guide, why would a guide go into your closet?
You mentioned that you live in a very old house maybe the spirit belongs to it. 😜
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Yosh! I'm back here at the site, my old id doesn't work anymore... Hmmm... I thinks its a spirit but I don't know if it is your guide, but nice story though,

-Ayasegawa Yumichika
Shinigami <3

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: