You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Soldier

Real Ghost Stories

The Soldier

 

We live on base in Fort Gordon G.A...My husband's in the army, we moved in Dec 06. We were about to have our second child (a boy this time). Well to the story...

I had our son and my husband had to meet me at the hospital. Our son had to get his shots and after that my husband had to go back to work. I got back home with my son and my daughter who was 3 at the time. I was unlocking the door and my daughter was looking through the glass window that's beside the door and asked me "who's that man?" I said what man sweetie and looked for myself (thinking someone broke in). I said, I don't see anyone baby and she said he's right there... I thought Daddy went back to work? I said he did... Look is his car here and she saw it wasn't.

We went inside and my daughter said well he's gone now! I asked her what he look like and she told me he had on a uniform like Daddy wears. Right then I knew we had a ghost/spirit. Well I brushed it off and my daughter started playing her Dora game on the computer that's in our living room and I started ironing my husband's uniforms... I was on the second one when I felt this really cold chill and about the same time my daughter turns from her game and says, "mommy who is that man?"...I was scared to turn around but when I did I didn't see anything or anybody. I asked her where and she told me he's gone again, and turned around and went back to her game. Later I took my daughter outside to ask her if the man scared her when she sees him and she told me no. I asked if he says anything to her and she told me no.

When my husband got home that night and after the kids went to bed I told him what our daughter saw. My husband doesn't like hearing about ghost and stuff but that will have to be another story. We got into a huge fight and I went to bed, my husband stayed up and watched some TV. The next day my husband came home for lunch and told me he was sorry and told me as he was making his way to go to bed the night before the bathroom door opened and something black was standing there. It didn't say anything but he got a really strong feeling that the spirit didn't like him fighting with me. I thought it was funny in away because I know how ghost can feed off negative energy but I had a feeling whatever was there didn't want my husband fighting with me. MY daughter hasn't said if she has seen the Soldier anymore, but I know he's still here because if my husband fights with me I can tell something freaks him out.

One of my husband's friends came down to visit us. He decided to bring a girl to have some fun with while we all were upstairs trying to sleep. I asked my husband to go downstairs and tell them to keep the noise down. I was angry because he was disrespecting our home. Before my husband got to our bedroom door to go downstairs we heard a loud breaking noise so we run downstairs and saw all my make-up over the floor all the way to the bottom of the stairs (which was weird how it got that far). We saw that my husband's friend and his lady friend were on the couch and they looked like they were scared out of their minds. My husband starts asking them what happened and at first it was like they couldn't speak. My husband walked up to his friend and kind of shook him and he said "Dude we didn't do that, we haven't moved from the couch!"

A long story short, they were too scared to stay and my husband walked them outside while I picked up my make-up. When my husband walked back in he had the biggest smirk on his face. I asked him "what's with the smile? My husband says, "I guess they made our ghost mad to because my boy just told me we have a ghost, but I told him we knew as he only let's us know he's here if we fight and now we know he doesn't like anyone disrespecting our home.

Nothing has happened since that night but everyone knows not to act stupid in our home.

I hope you all enjoyed and I will write another story about why ghost/spirits isn't something my husband likes to talk about as I said in this story. God Bless all

Other hauntings by rhondaskppr

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rhondaskppr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

deannah (12 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-26)
I LOVE it! That's awesome! I've always believed that not all spirits thrive off of negativity and that story just helped prove it. He obviously doesn't like negative emotions at all. I wouldn't mind having one around like that! You know how you said your husband doesn't like to talk about these things, well you're not alone because mine doesn't like to either. Especially my story about the soldier coming home when we lived on Fort Benning. It's funny to me because he's this big bad soldier and yet he's terrified of the things he can't see. I'd love to hear more stories if you have them!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
Oh, my fiance would LOVE this story! I absolutely have to share it with him. Thank you for posting it for us! I love how your resident ghost watches over you guys. It could be that he's the spectre of a fallen soldier who once lived there, and returned home after his death. A part of me also wonders if this could be your husband having a sort of OBE. Either way, he sounds like a great house guest! I would have loved to have seen the look on your husband's friend's face when that entity taught him a lesson!:)
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
Wow I love your Story! My mother is same way don't like talk about ghost stuff cause she don't believe or rather not believe it after she seen it or feel it...
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
As to answer a few questiions... My daughter or my son was woken from the noise (my make~up) and about my husbands friend coming back, he has but nothing happens anymore... My husbands even been deployed for 15 months and still nothing... I do remember one thing that I forgot to add in my story so I will add now... My husband and my children was all downstairs, I was upstairs getting ready because my sister-in-law and her hubby and children as well was coming to visit. After I was ready I went to head downstairs when I hear (not out loud) your going to fall. But it happened so fast. I couldn't move, had the breath knocked out of me, and I also couldn't see. Its like I went blind. It was very scary. I thought I was dead. My husband ran to the stairs to see what happened because I didn't make a soundso he didn't know I fell until he seen. When I caught my breath all I could do was scream and cry cause of the pain. I still have back pain from this and no doctor can find the reason why. When I first remembered the voice telling me about my fall not even a second before it happened, I was scared thinking maybe it had something to do with it somehow but the more I remembered it was more of a warning... And to you all that's waiting on my next story about my husband, well just so you all know I have wrote it, just waiting for them to post it. I have many more but the submit your stories is down from so many stories.
AHMEDMINDFREAK (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
rhondaskppr - great story.

Could you please fill us all in on the history of the house... Was it owned by someone who died in the house or something?
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
could be the entity came to, or had a traumatic life, and the discord from the fighting reminds it of its past. Thus it trys to stop the arguing/fighting in its "space", yes, no?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
rhondaskppr - great story.

Did your daughter hear anything the night your make-up ended up all over the place?

Has your husband's friend been back? 😆
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
I like this story always the children to experience or sense something first in most cases. The ghost doest seem malevolent just protective at keeping the peace in the home I look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Khloros (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
That is awesome I'm going to Fort Gordon soon for AIT. I'm a soldier to I changed my MOS to 25B if that means anything to you anyway good to know I won't be bored there. Thanks for the Story
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
That is a very good story!
As long as the ghost doesn't hurt anyone in the family that will be fine. I guess the ghost doesn't like disrespectful people. By the way, he could be the previous owner of the house. Have you checked the history of the land or the house itself?

rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
I wanted to thank you guys for all the comments and I'm glad you enjoyed, but just so you know I never really talked to it or try to stir (it) up. I did ask around about who lived here before us or if that family had ever said anything about seeing or hearing anything but everyone told me they just kept to their self. I couldn't find out about who's lived in the house period, because the Army is so strict about privacy. I believe our home was built in the 1950's but its been remodeled over and over again... I will write my other story as soon as I get the time. Thank you guys again
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
Hi rhonda:

FYI...my husband doesn't like me to talk about all of my paranormal activities either, in fact; I rather guard against telling him most of what I experience. I like your experience because your daughter told you she was not scared first of all, and then it was a great way to get rid of your rather rude guests.
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
my friend has a ghost like that when ever they argueing around the kids it slams doors things of that nature great story I wonder why your husband don't like talking about ghost?
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
Good story,

Thanks for sharing it, and it's soo nice to have such a supportive ghost! 😊
Cheers,

Claudia
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
Great story! Sounds like you have a pretty amazing roomate. He is protective of you and your home and doesn't allow any shenanigans 😉 I agree with BadJuuJuu and think it would be interesting to find out who he might be. Please let us know if you find anything out, and thanks for sharing your story. 😊
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
sounds if the spirit looks after you like family.

He protects you for some reason and hes always close by isn't he?.

Whenever you have a fight he comes to deal with it not?.

I would suggest trying to talk with him as his motives are positive and good so far.

Perhaps he can tell you why hes doing this.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
Good story 😊.
Not all spiritual entities feed off of negative emotions. Just the nasty ones. Most of them like to have a peaceful environment.
The way this ghost seems so protective of your home, I'm thinking he must have lived there before you moved in. He must have a very strong attachment to the home. I can't help but wonder why he is still there. Maybe you could try to get some info on who lived there before you. In any case, he sounds like a nice enough ghost to have around. Sometimes invisible housemates are the easiest to get along with lol.
Blessings.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: