You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts In My Home

 

My name is Felix, I'm 16 and I live in Sweden. For as long as I can remember, I've been very fascinated with the paranormal, and it seems as though I always have spirits around me, wherever I go. When I was five I had my first experience with a ghost. I lived in the countryside on a small farm with my dad, his girlfriend and her daughter, and my sister. I don't remember everything that happened there, but I do remember that the attic, where I had all my clothes, really freaked me out.

One time, I went up to the attic alone, and when I stood in the doorway I saw this small figure (it was not taller than me, but it looked like an old man. Like a midget or something) standing by the window in the other end of the room. I gasped when I saw it, and then it disappeared, but I could still hear it giggling and running around in the room behind all the clothes hanging in there, I even saw some clothes moving like it was windy or something. My dad told me that whenever he was alone in that house, he would hear people running through the rooms and children's voices yelling "dad!" I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

When I was ten, and had just moved to where I live now with my dad, stepmom and two brothers, I found out that my older brother John was having ghost-problems at night. He would wake up every single night to people whispering in his room, and several voices waking him up by yelling "John, wake up!" in his ear. His TV would turn on and off by itself, his lamps would also go on and off. And this happened every night; they never let him get a good night's sleep. A friend of ours brought two psychic women to our home. They said that our home was so crowded with spirits that it was even a bit hard for them to breathe. They also said that we have THREE portals (like doors/windows for spirits to come in and out of whenever they please), and one of the portals was in my brothers room. So we all went into my brothers room, lit a candle and put it on the floor, and then we stood in a circle around the candle, holding hands. One of the psychic women told us to close our eyes and imagine that we were filled with a white light that kept us safe and protected while she contacted the spirits. Then she told the spirits to leave and stuff like that, and she closed the portal. After that, almost all of the activity in that room stopped, and my brother could sleep again.

About a year after that, my brother switched to another room, and I took over his room. I was scared of the room, but I wanted it anyway because it was big, and I was sleeping in a room under the attic which was only big enough to fit a bed, and it didn't have any windows or anything, so you can understand why I wanted to get a "normal" room! At first I didn't experience anything special, but then I would start getting the feeling that somebody was physically blowing in my ear. I could actually feel the sensation of someone's breath tickling my skin; almost hear the blowing-sound. This happened every week.

One day when I came home from school, my books and CD's that I always kept organized in my bookshelf, were on the floor, all of them lying with the front facing the floor. Only a few books were left in the shelf, and all of them were scattered all around and out of order. The day after that, when I came home from school, my bed was made (I never made my bed in the mornings) and I first assumed it was my dad who had gone into my room and done it, but when I asked him he said that no one had been in my room that day except for me. This happened quite a few times, but it never really bothered me, because whoever did it did a good job, the bed looked nice.

One afternoon when I was twelve, I was lying on my father's bed, reading a book, and my dad was in the kitchen. There was no one in the house but us. Suddenly my dad comes and looks confused, and he asks me if my brother John has come home. I said no. My dad said that he had just been standing in the kitchen doing the dishes when he heard someone moving in the hallway, so he turned around and in the doorway he saw my brother walk by and say "Hello" with a smile, and then disappear. I was really freaked out when my dad told me that, since it had just happened a minute ago, and since it really wasn't my brother.

Ever since we moved into this house, every one of us has seen a black kitten running around in the hallway at night. But that really doesn't scare me. I mean, it's a little cat, it doesn't really seem to be harmful It's just playing around, minding its own business. But something that does creep me out a little is that my dogs very often seem to see something that we can't see. They very often start barking or growling for no reason, and stare at an empty doorway, or just at a wall or something. I often see shadows in the corner of my eye, it happens like every day, and sometimes I've seen objects in my house move around a little, but that doesn't really scare me that much. But I definitely think that there is something here that's trying to scare me or get my attention, because something weird is going on.

Almost every night when I'm trying to go to sleep, it's like I can hear someone talking inside my head, and it's not a voice that I recognize. Sometimes (if I'm really really tired) I don't even think about how weird it is, and I answer back to the voice. But every time I answer back, I wake myself up completely with the sound of my own voice. I usually wake up to myself saying "no" or just laughing or giggling. It's really weird. But it's only made me scared once, so far, and that was when I woke up to myself screaming loudly "STOP IT!" I also never can remember what the voice has said.

A few months ago, we held a séance here in my house, with a medium. She also said that our house is extremely crowded, and that we have a few portals, so many spirits come and go in our home, and that we also have quite a few spirits that are here permanently. During the séance she turned to me and said that I have someone attached to me, and that he has been blowing in my ear. I was really shocked that she knew that (he's been blowing in my ear every week for several years now, and I've never told anybody about it). She also said that he is an old man, he is related to me, and she described the way he looked and stuff like that. I didn't recognize the description, but my dad thinks that it's my great grandfather on my mother's side. But I never knew him, so I can't say for sure. Anyway, it feels nice knowing now that the man that is attached to me isn't evil and he doesn't want to scare me in any way.

I still have scary things happening to me sometimes (and my stepmom, who has the gift of seeing and communicating with spirits, she says that she sees things every day, and my brother John does too.) About a year ago I started having really strange and scary dreams. What scared me the most about them was that they were different from normal dreams, they did not seem surreal in any way, and every detail in them was as real as it is in real life. The dream that scared me the most was the one where I dreamt that me and my family were being haunted by something demonic. In the dream we were in our house, and we could hear really loud and heavy breathing echoing throughout the entire house, and outside our windows there were these regular power-lines, but they were really close to our windows and in the lines there were dead children hanging from regular metal hangers in the power lines, and all the children had had their lower body chopped off, and they were all bald, and they were smiling and we could hear them laughing even thought their lips weren't moving. All of us inside the house could just here the breathing closing in on us, and we could just feel the evil in the air, and we all were scared to death. I have had several dreams like this one, and they always include chopped off body parts and strange ghost voices. It is really freaking me out.

This past few months, I have heard strange noises when I'm trying to sleep, and a while ago (this was in the middle of the night, I was in my room, using the computer) I had my headphones on my head, connected to the computer, but I wasn't playing any music at the moment. Suddenly I heard this really loud, super creepy, very evil laughter in my headphones. I checked the computer to see if anything had popped up on the screen or something like that, but there was nothing. That really scared me, and I did not go to bed that night.

Actually, just last night something strange happened. I was once again the only one awake (I'm a night-owl, so I'm always up until like 4am or 5am) and I was in my room, using the computer. And all of a sudden I heard music, coming from nowhere. It sounded like classical music, very soft and very slow. I thought it was just in my head at first, but then I realized that I really could hear it with my ears. So I turned on the speakers on my computer, no sound coming from there. I opened my window and listened, nothing coming from outside either. I opened my bedroom door, and the house was quiet. But when I closed my door the music was still here. I couldn't find out where it was coming from. And after five minutes or so, it stopped. It was very strange.

Also, about a week ago, I took a friend with me and went ghost hunting in a graveyard. My dad had just bought an EVP-recorder, so I was dying to try it out, so I recorded the entire time we were at the graveyard. And, while I was being very respectful while asking questions (just like I've seen them do it on TAPS Ghost Hunters, my friend was NOT. She laughed and said the rudest things (she doesn't believe in the paranormal at all, so she didn't take it seriously. I knew that before I asked her to come with me, but I didn't want to go alone. And I told her before we started that she should not laugh or anything like that, but I guess she didn't care. I constantly apologized to the spirits for the things my friend said, because I didn't want her to put us in a dangerous position, like upsetting or angering a spirit. When I got home after that, I listened to see if we had caught anything on the recorder. And I found three noises that I can't explain, it sounds like someone sighing or breathing heavily, and then is sounds like someone hissing (please note that I made sure to keep the microphone away from me and my friend all the time, so we couldn't have made those noises, because they were far too close to the microphone for it to be us.)

So, do you think that the classical music I heard could have been connected to some spirit I might have "brought home" after my ghost hunt, or am I jumping to conclusions here? What do you think is going on in my house? Do you think someone/something is trying to scare me and my brother? (I forgot to mention: my brother has been having those problems again when he is trying to sleep)

Please comment, and thank you for reading my loooong text!

Other hauntings by FelixFTM

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FelixFTM, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bluiis97 (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
I say your great grandpa played the classical music but the evp sounds coming from that and hearing evil laughter off your headphones for no reason I say there is somthing evil there. Maybe you should get another medium again and see if there is a lot of portals. Also ask the medium why there are a lot of portals and why they keep opening.
FelixFTM (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Pendragon: thank you for your comment! Yes, I've heard of hot spots before, maybe that's what the medium meant when she said portals.
And when I did the EVP session in the graveyard I was really respectful and said the same basic stuff that TAPS usually say, and I also said that they could not follow me or anything like that. But the problem is, my friend, who was with me, said the most disrespectful things, and asked them if they "like being dead" and idiotic things like that. I told her to stop, but she kept on laughing and stuff anyway. So after an hour I'd had enough and told her that we should go.
Yes, I've actually thought about contacting the GHI team, but, I don't know.
We also have a very good medium here in Sweden (but he's from England) his name is Terry Evans (maybe you've heard of him?) and I'm thinking about contacting him as well. Not sure what I want to do yet:P
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Oooh, not a good idea with the graveyard. And always remember, if you're going to be doing EVPs in graveyards and going to ask questions, ALWAYS tell them that they are not welcome to stick around, they are not welcome to follow, and nor are their friends. Never remind them that they are dead; they don't seem to like that.

And I'm going to throw my two cents in here; To whoever said that portals to the spirit realm/underworld/otherworld don't exist, they most definitely do. Normally, they're just called "hot spots", and when a medium says "portal", they just mean that the fabric seperating us from our ghostly buddies is very thin, making it easy for them to come in and out. Jazzy, if you had read, most of the spirits (maybe all? Seems like some were just more... Apprehensive of you guys, Felix) were friendly; no demons or poltergeists.

You could always try to get ahold of GHI (Ghost Hunters International) - a branch of TAPS; They'll probably be more willing to help out because it is a family home, just to hear what they can pick up when you guys aren't home, if you're afraid to have one or two people in the house, alone at night (when spirits are said to be most active), doing EVP, and EMP (if you can) work in the house.

I wouldn't be afraid, especially if your great grandfather's around. Chances are, he'll be one of the good spirits that defend your house from the evil/negative ones, as I'm sure a few of the other spirits in your house will, too. If you're really worried, I'd look into GHI, or your other local investigating team.
pupper123 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Maybe those dreams you where having was what happen to the ghosts when they where alive. 😨
FelixFTM (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Nephele: Well, we've lived here for many years now, and so far we've never been aggressively attacked or anything like that. So I don't think the situation is so bad that we must leave, even if it is very scary for us to live here.
And since we've been haunted in every house we've lived in, I think that most of the activity is connected to us, I think it follows us.
As for the portals, I have no idea where they come from. I don't even know if they are real. But if they are, my theory would be that they only exist in places where there is a lot of energy. Maybe in places with very high electro-magnetic fields, and places near water, and stuff like that.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Dude: what I am trying to say is your trying to hear a voice, well the best way is if someone human is talking and that is what you want, that evp thing will pick up the unheard voice, you must get rid of the everyday things, but you do want to hear your family talking, then you will hear the "Others talking" and it will be very light, very hard to here... 😉
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
if my hauntings were like that I would have gone insane. I can only say I wish you great blessings and best of luck~Katherine~ ❤
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
it sounds like some spirits are trying to scare you in your home.
I think you should move out of there.
But I also think that some spirits have already gotten attached to you and people in your family so not all of them will leave. I'd be freaked out to live there, but I would get used to it.
Where do these portals come from?
shinigamivixen (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Agreed with the ruined thing >.< But maybe you could try the attic?:3
FelixFTM (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Jerryhend1: well, the thing is, I don't think that would work very well. You see, I'm a night owl (I stay up every night until around 5am, and about one or two hours after that, my little brother wakes up, and so my parents also wake up around that time. And the house is supposed to be quiet when you use an EVP (and we have very thin walls, so even if my family is in the living room, which is kind of far from my room, I can hear almost every word they say) so the whole recording thing would be kind of ruined.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Ok, I'm going to keep this simple, you got a new evp thing, well use it in a controlled environment, your house, use it in different rooms...don't go to graveyards - that's not a good thing... TAPS doesn't do that and asks people not to do it. If you use it in your room or your brothers room you may find out what's messing with you...Hint...Or better yet get a camera and let it run when you or your bother sleeps... Another TAPS trick... You could find somthing... 😁
shinigamivixen (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
i just did XD. Added you like a few minutes ago so you just need to confirm it when you have the time.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Shinigamivixen pa add naman sa fb! Suzuki_san [at] rocketmail.com thanks! Hard to chat in here using the comment as a chat box! *ROFL*

-Aya
shinigamivixen (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Wow you really werent kidding about the night owl thing XD. Then I guess for some reason there drawn to your house. Or its just a natural hot spot but at least that medium managed to close that portal in your room.:P
FelixFTM (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Shinigamivixen: I don't think there have been other buildings here before my house was built. And my stepmom said that there was only like an empty field of grass here before they started building houses here in the 70's.
shinigamivixen (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
lol glad you like to live near a graveyard xD And nope it doesn't sound that weird XD. Bit of warning though you might not get a good nights rest. O.0
shinigamivixen (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Depression? Eep thanks for the warning! But has there been other buildings that was destroy there before they build your house?
FelixFTM (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
PrincessLotus: Thank you for your comment! Actually, before and after the first medium (the one who told us about the portals) visited, we all felt very unsafe in our home. Not really threatened, but it did feel like the spirits in our home were not completely friendly.
But after the last medium visited we felt more at ease. Because she had told us that, even though we had a lot of spirits/energies in our home, there was nothing to fear, no demons or poltergeists, just normal spirits who just wanted to make themselves known sometimes. But now, we are (or at least I am) starting to feel a bit uncomfortable and scared again.
JazzRaym: First of all, my house is not old, at all. It was built in the 1970's, and no one has died here or anything like that, and the house has never been abandoned.
As for the ghost activity: I think that the spirits are more attached to us, rather than the property. My stepmom has always been extremely open to spirits and can communicate with them and see them and sense them, stuff like that. And my brother John has that ability as well.
And I should mention that every single person in my family has been through A LOT, there have been many hard times that have caused anxiety and periods of depression for all of us, which (from what I've heard) can make you more vulnerable spiritually, and it's easier for you to attract spirits.
No, we don't have much religious stuff in our house, we've never been a very religious family at all. And we don't have that many family pictures and portraits up either.
FelixFTM (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Firey-redhead: Actually, no one in my family even remembers the name of that medium:/ It was quite a few years ago, and the only reason she visited us was because we had been in contact with some friend of hers.
Wow, I really hope that isn't the case, since the portal she apparently blocked was in my bedroom:O
Shinigamivixen: Ooh, I would love to live near a graveyard, I love them xD Maybe that sounds weird, since I'm so scared of ghosts, but... Well, I just like graveyards xD
Okay, yeah I would never try to close a portal on my own. I wouldn't even know how to do it xP
JazzRaym (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
Please believe me, there's no such portal in your house. You know, the house is always containing ghosts because of very and true things. (please I may not be a clearvoyant or something, but the fact that I'm 15 and have experience about ghosts made that supernatural effects and events one of my life skills). I want you to study very well and get as much as details you can about the past and history of your house or the field you live in. Like 1-DID SOMEONE DIED IN THE HOUSE BEFORE, 2-WHAT HAPPENED TO IT 3-WAS IT A KIND OF PRISON 4-DID SOME MURDERS LIVEC IN IT 5-WAS THE HOUSE ABENDONNED FOR FEW YEARS. The points in 'majuscul letters' are the most things that makes the spirit, ghosts stay permanently where they are. Also if you have some religion or spirituel photos in your house including family photos, please please take them off and hide them. Like anubis photos on your wall for decoration and all. You must be careful, whenever you put your family photo like an old photo of you when you were small with your family in a place for momories, note that those kinds of photos are attracting ghosts and spirits. They will focus on the eyes of the photos and who knows what will happen. Also never ever leave the window of your house opened as the ghosts and spirits of outside can get in your house. Don't believe in portals that are in your house and please we may not know each other but have faith in me.

~jazzraym
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
Nice & thanx! Yeah, the whole portal thing is strange. Why would good & bad spirits come through the same portals & what's more is how would they all just chill in a house together? In my experience I've not once come across a home or place that both good & evil together dwell.? You know for a lot of years every now & again, more often than not; something blows in my ear. Sometimes slow & sometimes fast & hard. It never really leaves me too comfortable, honestly. I believe that all of us have spirits who follow us. I think maybe some times when psychics or mediums get involved they bring spirits that decide to stay. Actually I've seen it happen. I had to cleanse & bless a house of a couple that had spirits in their home that were quite nasty & not knowing too much about the spirit world called in a few mediums & psychics for help & things got worse. Thankfully by God's grace we were able to help them live happy, once again without any spiritual warfare scaring the crap out of the family. So that's also something you may want to think about, what has come after these women visited? I always suggest my clients keep a journal, a written journal specifically to log the spiritual encounters. I find it odd as well that these women told you there are three portals & one of the women only closed one? What does that really do? And as far as the E.V.P. Goes, if you are really concerned with inviting trouble with it you could just turn it on & not ask any questions. Just leave it when you & your family go out & see what happens. Just a suggestion. Because I know when you start asking questions some spirits get the idea that you WANT it there to communicate with & yes sometimes you get a terrible surprise. A unwanted entity. I truly do hope you keep us posted. In the mean time I will be praying for you & your family. My name is Lotus & I enjoyed reading these accounts. You're a very well spoken young man. Bless you & yours & much love:)

~LSD~
shinigamivixen (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
Cool! Another one from Sweden that loves the paranormal XD. I kind of know how you feel there I'm also stuck living in a really old house here in Sk
firey-redhead (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
are you able to contact the medium and maybe enquire as to why she didn't close the others. Thats if she did close it as well. I have been reading a lot of stories and how people will attempted to rid themselves and there homes of an evil spirit and things will calm down once they have completed the process. But after a few months, few days, a year even they start playing up again and making life hard. I think this is due to the process screening them access to us and our lives but after awhile they wear there way through and start making themselves known again. Sometimes they come back pissed off too because they were blocked in the first place. Do you understand what I am saying? I don't mean to scare you or upset you it was just a thought and a possiblitiy. I guess the best bet is to try and contact the medium and find out as much as you can from her about the process she did and WHY she left those other portals open. Also I think James' idea of writing down all your encounters is fantastic. It will help to recall minor details which will help in the long run.
Good Luck xxx
FelixFTM (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Thank you all for commenting!:)
James: The psychics did not tell us that much about the portals, actually. They only said that we have three of them, and that spirits (both evil and kind ones) could come through them. I've never actually thought about it before, but now that I think of it, I find it quite odd that they only closed one of the portals, even if they knew that evil spirits could come through the other ones. That's weird:S
Keeping a paper journal sounds like a great idea, thanks for the advice:)

Paranormalchick: Wow, I must say, your spelling is very good for a ten year old:P And also, I do not think you are too young, quite the opposite. I believe that the younger you are, the more open you are, when it comes to seeing/hearing ghosts.

Firey-redhead: Well, I've thought about using the EVP at home, but I'm a bit worried that I might attract more spirits if I do. You see, I've heard that if you start communicating with the spirits like that, you will attract even more of them. And I'm afraid I might attract something unkind.
Yes, the medium only closed one of the portals. Which actually seems weird now that I think about it, because she was there to help us, so why leave two of the portals open? I have no idea why she didn't close them as well:S
firey-redhead (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Hey Felix,
They are some very interesting encounters that you have had. Just some questions:
You said your dad had bought a EVP-Recorder. Why don't you ask qestions at home with it instead of going to a grave yard and do it when someone is home if you feel abit uncomfortable. Also you said that a medium came to your home and said there were 3 protals open and that she closed the one in your bedroom (once was Johns room). But did she close the other two protals that were in the house? Maybe that's why you have so much traffic going through your house and most probably why you heard the music playing. If an entity that came through your house could play music in the past that's probably what you heard. You may want to get the other portals shut because what if something bad came through and you couldn't get rid of it... Wouldn't be such a great house to be in I think.
Anyway, Please keep us posted as to what's happening.
Love firey-redhead xoxo
paranormalchick (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
wow, your story is very fastinating. My name is carolyn. If you remember torwards the end of the story, you told me about how your brother and your mother have the ability to see the paranormal, I think that I may be able to see ghosts too. And I know what you may be thinking what if she is young? Why should I believe her? Well indeed I am young. I am 10 years old, my first experiance with a ghost is when I was 6.im not going to tell you my story because it is muck to long... And you also said things about music playing... Your right it could be what you picked up from the graveyard, or... It could be your great grandfather... Most likley it is your grandfather. Well have a nice day! 😆
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Felix--

Thank you for the lucid account. So many events might be connected and again they might not. Meanings and value assessment need to be made if you don't already have an opinion on your evidence.

Did the psychics advise you on the portals? Was only the one of apparently many closed? I must wonder, though, why there would need to be more than one. In theory, these are not just little invisible holes in the ground where vapors and benevolent time travellers pass through willy-nilly.

You seem fairly self-possessed for your age--congratulations--rational and adventurous and hesitant to jump to conclusions (not to say slow to reactions). One needs a steady head.

Either you have a good memory or the phenomena impressed you significantly. If you don't already do so, I suggest you maintain a paper journal on the events. Computer files can be wiped out inexplicably. Invite the whispering relative to write something in it. Ask him to protect you, though maybe he is--assuming he was a good man. And maintain some form of humble acknowldgement of the Creator and Sustainer of all. (Even the most ardent atheist must acknowledge it all came from somewhere and goes somewhere.) And you seem to want to seek to know about that the dimensions of that somewhere, right?

It's helpful most definitely that other family members corroborate on evidence of "something." Even by keeping an event journal is a step towards taking control, so that you, not "it/they" have it.

It would be grand if you could be one of the posters who keep us updated from time to time. Thanks again for sharing your unusual occurences. We all learn something.
~ James

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: