You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something Bad In My House?

Real Ghost Stories

Something Bad In My House?

 

Before you start reading this I suggest you read my previous story "Ghosts in my home", but you don't have to read it to understand the stuff in this story.

Okay, so, these past few months I've begun to suspect that there is something bad in my house. Not necessarily something evil, but definitely not something good. It started about six months ago. I noticed that every time I came home, I immediately felt this wave of anger come over me as soon as I walked through the door. I've noticed several times in my life that I tend to "take over" the feelings of spirits/ghosts around me. Their emotions become mine, and I literally feel like I'm feeling someone else's pain/anger/sorrow/frustration or even happiness.

So, anyway, the anger thing was the first sign. Soon after that started, I began feeling these cold spots around me, usually when I'm alone in my room. The cold spots are almost always attached to my hands, and when I move my hands away from the cold spots, it will only take a few seconds before they find my hands again.

Also, the blowing in my ear (which I talked about in the other story) has increased, not only in frequency, but in strength. And now it can even happen when I'm in school, or at a friends' place.

A few weeks ago, when my sister was staying over for the weekend, I was in the living room getting some pillows and blankets for my sister. It was in the middle of the night, and everyone else was asleep, and my sister was in the bathroom getting ready for bed.

When I turned back to the hallway to go back to my room, I saw a girl standing outside my bedroom door. She looked at me for a second, and then walked into my room. At first I thought it was my sister, but then I realized that it looked nothing like her. Plus, I could see the light from the bathroom. I stood frozen on the spot for a few seconds, and then I slowly started walking towards my room, and when I got there the girl was gone. I was so freaked out, so I just stood there frozen until my sister returned. We didn't get much sleep that night.

A couple nights after that, I was sitting in the living room with my brother. It was around 2am and everyone else had gone to bed, and my brother left to go to the kitchen. And a few seconds after he left, I started feeling really cold, so I moved to the other end of the sofa (closer to the heater) and the cold disappeared for about two seconds, and then it was all over me again, along with some weird, disgusting smell. I felt really creeped out and left the room quickly, and the cold spot/smell didn't follow me this time.

Also, a few nights ago when my dad was the only one awake, and he was on his way to the bedroom, he heard this extremely loud bang on the desk right next to him. It was so loud that he could feel the vibrations on the floor, and he thought the whole family was going to wake up. But no one woke up.

We had a séance in my house about four months ago (my stepmother is a medium, and my brother is a sensitive, or whatever you call it) and I found out that I had a spirit attached to me. It was a fifteen year old girl who had committed suicide. She had apparently had a very shiatty life, living at orphanages and foster homes. And my stepmother told me that this girl's name was Laura, and that she was very fond of me, and that she had been lying next to me in my bed at night trying to talk to me, and that she had followed me everywhere. I think she was the reason I felt so sad all the time. And even though I couldn't see her, I think I could hear her sometimes at night. Because, every time I went to bed, and started falling asleep, I could hear someone talking in my head, and even though I couldn't make out the words, I always found myself responding with a "yes", "no" or a laugh, and that would always wake me up completely.

Anyway, at the séance, my stepmother told Laura to move on and let me go. But Laura didn't want to leave me. It took a while, but eventually she went into the light. And after that, I stopped feeling sad, and I stopped hearing the talking in my head at night.

And then came all this negative stuff that I think is here now. And I've started hearing a voice in my head every night, again. Mostly it's just mumbling, sometimes it's just someone saying my name, and sometimes it's someone clearing their throat loudly.

I think this spirit/ghost/whatever is, has started to affect my dad as well. Because he's not acting like himself anymore. He's always angry and picking fights with everyone for no reason. And I can tell that my stepmother is really worried about this.

Anyone have an idea as to what this can be? Does it seem harmless, or is it something really bad?

Sorry for making this so long. I hope I didn't bore you.

Thank you for reading!

Other hauntings by FelixFTM

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FelixFTM, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
FelixFTM,

Sorry been a bit busy...

Basic cleansing and shielding techniques... (I'll try and keep this short)

A great way to begin is by 'spring cleaning' your home. Open the windows, let in the sunlight and as you do this focus on filling your home with positive energy... I tend visualize a white light filling my home, every corner of every room.

The next day find a time you will not be interupted, open all the windows and doors (this includes closets and cabinets) then take a white candle and find the center most point of your home. Sit here, light the candle and study it for a few moments (if you pray to Heavenly Father, now is the time to ask for his protection and shielding) Then visualize the edge of the candles flame being a solid edge. Picture this spreading from being the small 'spark' in front of you to filling the room, pushing (burning out) all negitive energies as it expands. Visualize it spreading outward filling your entire home with warmth, protection and positive energy. 'See' every corner, cupboard and closet filled with this positive light (energy...shield...call it what you will). Once you have expanded it to cover your entire home picture it being anchored in place. Pause for a moment, reflect on what you have just done...'feel' it, know it's there and 'in place' (again for those who pray, at this time ask Heavenly Father to maintian this Shield of white light / Positive energry around your home). Remember as you expand your shield... Nothing negitive may pass the edge of it.

You may find that at first you may have to 're-new' this once a week... Sometimes less, sometimes more often. But once you do it, do not be suprised if people begin to find it hard to find your home... These can be old friends that all of a sudden say things like...'you know what I did... Silly old me, I drove right past your home, I just don't know why.' This does not mean they mean you any ill will, but it is a good 'verification' that your shield against negitive energy is in place... Because if they have some negitive energy attached to them your shield will cause them to 'miss' your home. You may also start getting comments like...'I really enjoy coming over, it always so relaxing to visit you.' Again this is the effects of your shield... Keeping negitive energies out.

Anyway, I hope that's not to long or to hard. Please let us know what happens and keep us updated if you use this method to shield your home.

Respectfully,

Rook
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
Hey Felix, well, I think as long as the seance is protected (i.e. A protection prayer) it should be alright and safe. There is a way to communicate with Spirit without the use of a Ouija Board. And like I also suggested before, maybe bless your house and pray to God (or your own belief system. I don't want to impose my religion on anyone).
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
FelixFTM (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
Cosmogal926: Haha, well thanks anyway:P And thanks for the advice, I really need to do something about this now. I just don't know how.

Unfriendly: I do not believe my stepmother is a fraud, as she has been very helpful in situations in the past, both when it comes to someone in the family or someone outside the family.
And, I'm sorry if there are holes in the story, but I'm not a great storyteller and it's hard to get all the details together in context. If there's anything you're wondering about when it comes to my story, you're welcome to ask. No need to be unfriendly though.

Bloodred: Yes, but I thought it felt safe at the time, because my stepmom guided us through opening and closing our auras and imagining the light protecting us and stuff like that. But, of course something could have slipped in anyway.
Hmm, don't know about the priest though, because first of all: here in Sweden, religion is not very appreciated anymore, and I think that even if I would find a priest to talk to, I'm not sure he would believe in ghosts and stuff. He would probably just tell me to start praying more or something.

Rookdygin: Thanks for your comment! And yes, I would love it if you could post those methods:)

Lilady4: Oh, thank you:) Hmm, do you think another seance would be such a good idea? I mean, since Cosmogal here mentioned that it could have been the seance that let this negative thing in in the first place? Maybe having another seance would make it worse? Or, well, I don't know really xD I just don't want to risk anything getting worse.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
Your story is not at all boring. Thanks for posting such an interesting story. I would not worry about this, Spirits like to try and communicate with people like "us" (sensitives, mediums, etc).
In regards to your father, try to help him by perhaps doing another seance. Blessing your house is a great way to protect you and your family.
I will post if you request it, or feel free to email me.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
Unfriendly,

This 'kid' as you refer to him is 17 years old and lives in Sweden... Have you ever been overseas... They tend to be a bit more mature than 'us' Americans...

As for your questions about 'holes' in the story as you see them... Did you bother to take the time to read the other commets to see if these were 'filled in' before running your fingers over the keys? Just wondering... 🤔

Felix...Smudgeing is a good way to chase out negitive energies... You may also cleans and shield your home... I don't have enough time to explain... But if you ask I'll gladly post methods for both of these... FREE for the asking 😁.

Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook

This comment from Unfriendly is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

BloodRed (1 stories) (10 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
Unfriendly, what's with all the negativity? This person has taken the time and effort to post their story and alll you're doing is being nasty.

Felix FTM, I found your post really interesting. You should know that s
Unfriendly (guest)
-3
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
Perhaps you have been tricked.
In regards to feeling this things emotions, I've had a similar experience, but it wasn't a ghost. Something about this tells me it's not a 15 year old girl, or anything of human origin, it's simply too obvious for a suspicious person to buy. An opponent strong enough to have the influence it has would be clever enough to employ the basic tactic of appearing as a lesser threat. Whatever it is it's trying to get a strong hold over you.
By the way there are alternative ways of removing these things than getting a religious person to boot them out.

Also in regards to your stepmother, I too am at a bit of a loss. To put it bluntly she is either:
*A complete fraud (probable)
*Guilty of bringing this thing in (possible)
*Under the unfluence of this thing (unlikely)
*Incapable of removing it if she wanted to (possible)
Or perhaps these holes in your story are an indication that your story is exactly that. Just another false story by someone with too much time on their hands. (highly probable given the vast amounts of garbage on this site)
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Felix, I just saw that Hoodzy provided a link as well. So I'm sorry for posting another one. 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Hi FelixFTM, I'm sorry but I can't understand why your stepmother being a medium would not care or want to bother with something that is currently in your house and affecting you and your father. In fact I believe that her practice seance was the cause of this entity being brought in. If she is not willing to help then I suggest you speak to your father and have him explain to her that she needs to stop "practicing" in the house. I agree with the others and think you need to start shielding yourself and your family from this entity. Here is a link that explains what you need and how to do a smudging. Http://www.indonaturalhealth.com/2010/10/how-to-perform-a-smudging-ritual/
I hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted.
FelixFTM (3 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Redphx: I don't know, she doesn't really seem to care that much now.

Otteer: Okay, yeah I guess I could try going to a church or something. I just really don't like being in religious places, cause religion is something I really despise. But, of course, in a situation like this, it could be helpful I guess.

Gizzy: No, I havent. Because, even though they're great, I think it would be better to contact a professional medium who could help me understand what's going on, and what the spirits want.
Yes, that's pretty much how I see it too. But, both my stepmom and my brother are going through a lot of emotional problems, and my stepmother has a lot of problems with her physical health as well. So she doesn't want to focus on the spirits and she just tries to block them out and ignore them:/

Hoodzy: Thank you! My dad has actually performed that ritual a few times in the past, cause he's very into native american stuff:) And usually, the house actually does feel calmer for a while, something new always comes along, or something that was here before comes back and everything starts feeling weird again. I don't know, maybe my dad should do the ritual more often, to maybe keep the house calm?

LouSlips: Yes, well the seance was actually just for practise. My stepmother was taking classes for people who wanted to develop and control their gift, or whatever you should call it. And she wanted to do a seance with us just to practise.
Well, my stepmother does mention seeing or feeling spirits a lot, but she never seems to really do much about it, not help them or send them away or anything. She just kind of shrugs it off and forgets about it. I don't really know how my stepmom's gift works and how she handles it. I just know that she's too tired to deal with it nowadays, and that she just wants to focus on getting better and taking care of my baby brother and going back to work.
And my brother is kind of the same way, though he is not physically ill, he does have some emotional problems and is too scared to deal with any spirits:/
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Felix,
Help me understand something please. You said that your stepmother is a medium and your brother is a sensitive. What was the purpose of the seance? The mediums I have known, see, sense, feel spirits all of the time... There is not ritualistic summoning required. You mention your stepmom's and brothers talents, but do not mention any of their experiences. You and your father are having unnerving and somewhat frightening experiences while living with two individuals who could help you, but you have to have a seance for your stepmom to realize you have an attachment? I'm more than confused and a bit suspicious of your story. Please help me understand. The mediums I have worked with know when there is a spirit around immediately. If your stepmom is indeed a medium, you should ask her why she let you walk around with an attachment for so long without trying to address it.

Lou
Hoodzy (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
http://www.yourghoststories.com/ghost-articles/native-american-ceremony.php

Here's a good article right here on this website (this can explain it far better than I can) :)

Again, I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this! Don't give up!
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
From your previous story you were thinking about getting in touch with GHI, have you? When I was reading this story I imagined a house with a lot of ghosts walking around in it waiting for their turn to communicate with your stepmother! As she is a medium I can only imagine that they are drawn to her and to the other sensitives in the house. Why has your stepmother not cleared the house herself? I ask as it appears to be affecting all of you to varying degrees.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Going along the lines of otteer, although there are not many religious people in your country, there should be a least a few churches or other places of worship where there is holy or blessed water and many times it is free.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Im sorry you have having to go through this, I would be worried about my dad too.
You know, your country is mostly Lutheren, they have holy water too. Just because a large population is agnostic or whatever dosnt mean the ones who do believe won't help you 😊 Feel free to go talk to a clergy person and see what they say.

Best wishes ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
that is creepy that she was laying next to you talking to you in your sleep. Really freaky. Why doesn't your stepmom ask this new visitor to move on too?
FelixFTM (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Thanks for your comments!
I actually had another experience just last night, around 3:30 AM when I woke up and had to pee; When I was on my way to the bathroom I looked into the living room and saw a big, dark figure. I couldn't see a face or anything like that, but I felt like it was watching me. I panicked and ran into the bathroom, and stayed in there for like fifteen minutes before I gathered up enough courage to run back to my room x)

Hoodzy: How do you perform the smudging ritual?

Geetha50: I'ts very hard to find someone in Sweden who would be willing to come and bless your home, and it's also hard to get a hold of stuff like holy water, because religion is not really a big thing in this country. Most people here are atheists or agnostics. And the same goes with my family, we are not religious. But my stepmother has a few crucifixes and religious figurines in the house, for protection.

Snowhite: Yes, but she has a lot of stuff to deal with, and so when spirits try to make contact she usually pushes them away because she's too tired to deal with it:/ She just doesn't have enough time or strenght to deal with the spirits.

Taz890: I try to keep away from communicating with them, because I'm really scared, and because I'm afraid that the activity will get heavier if they notice that I pay attention to them.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
hi felix again interesting story and not too long or boaring 😊
Snowhite had the same idea I did, your stepmother helped the spirit attached to you cross over has she tried it this time?
It does sound as though are sensitive your self and that these spirits are atracted to you, have you tried to communicate with them at all?
Please keep posting on this
Carl
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
How about your step mother? You said she is a medium, maybe she can figure out what is going on?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Like Hoodzy said, Stay strong. In my Hindu culture, when we move in a new house, we have a priest over and get the house blessed and one of things the priest gets the family to do is to have some blessed water sprinkled into every corner of every room in the house (including the washrooms because it is known as the dirties place in the house and where entities have the easiest excess to our world.) Sometimes blessing a house once is not enough and that you and family might have to do it more than once.

My suggestion would be go to what your faith's leader to ask for a blessing of your home and / or any other advise s/he can provide.

Also, IF you believe in bringing in religious objects like the Cross, or a figure of your deity, you can bring them into your house. I put a big "if" is because I know people like a friend of mine who is Catholic but she and her family doesn't believe in having any religious objects in their house.

There will be a lot of advise on here and many of them are really good and you could try them (it's much better than living with a bad / evil spirit) but if you are not comfortable with any of suggestions, try talking to your religious leader.
Hoodzy (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
If it's started affecting the people in your home in such a negative way, it's got to be a fairly powerful spirit.

I'd suggest smudging the home. It's a simple, yet powerful ritual that can be applied to most faiths (or lack there of, as the case may be). It may take more than one try if this thing is particularly strong, though, so be prepared. If smudging doesn't work, and if the activity continues to grow, I'd consult either a paranormal investigation team, or a spiritual person such as a priest/pastor/shaman.

Since you appear to be sensitive, I'd suggest going on forums and asking more experienced sensitives for tips on controlling the 'flow' of spirits, and how to block them when you're not in the mood.

I hope things get better for you and your family. Stay strong!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: