You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Woman In Ryde

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In Ryde

 

It is a regular thing for my family and I to go on holiday to the Isle of White. Everytime we go we rent out a place in the small seaside town of Ryde. Ryde has been known to contain phantoms in a lot of its churchyards. However, the paranormal phenomena that I experienced was not one of these phantoms.

One night, we were all in bed, I was the last person to be awake in the house. I was lying in my bed trying to sleep, but just as I was about to drift off, a light seeped through into my room. I sat up to see what it was that my mum wanted. But the woman I saw was much taller than my mum, all I could do was sit and stare at the time.

The woman, took very graceful steps across the room into the opposite corner to me (this is also evidence for it not to be my mum). The woman walked to the dresser and seemed to be staring into the mirror. Her face did not contain any features that I was aware of, I only had a feeling that she was staring at me. All I could do was close my eyes and go to sleep (not easily though).

When I woke up the next day, I went to my mum and asked her if she went into my room. "No, I dropped like a ton of bricks last night" was what she said to me. Now I am afraid to go up into that room alone, unless it is ridiculously bright outside. If anyone would like to talk to me about this story then my email address is sir_hirst[at]hotmail.co.uk

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, reaper95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kaiser24 (6 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
whoa...It's freaky scary... I don't think if I can sleep, If I saw a woman with no features in the face... 😕
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Hi, you say you on vacation or I mean on isle white ryde, maybe she the spirit on this resident just try to help and did you find on where she come from like the place where she died and maybe the room might be her I mean the room you staying at... Sorry I am try to help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: