You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: I Don't Know What To Make Of This

Real Ghost Stories

I Don't Know What To Make Of This

 

I really don't know how to explain this but I'll try my best. I always wondered why these strange things happen to me and I'm trying to remember when it first happened.

I was pretty young and I had got hold of a Ouija board. I was playing with it in my room. I remember turning the lights off and trying to contact anything and when nothing happened I got mad and started saying some bad things, saying this was a lie. I gave up finally threw the board against the wall. As I left the room I stopped and looked back. I remember this part so vividly. I was so scared there was a pretty sturdy wooden chair that was next to me when I was playing with the board, it just fell over there was no like scooting motion or scuffling the chair just tipped over. I think that's what started it.

I'll make this part short, I've had friends over back in high school and they didn't like my house. I had 3 friends come at one point to pick me up. They stood by the front door and the front door would open so I closed it then the back door opened (I live in a farm house and it's over 100 years old and its brick with heavy wood door) like someone came in then left.

At night me and my sister would sleep right next to each other at night in the living room where we could hear strange noises. At first I took it as I have an old house but I could hear footsteps coming from our room or in the kitchen and the silverware would make a lot of noise like someone was messing with them. Just strange things like that.

I had friends from different groups (its high school) and we walked outside on my farm late in the evening. We would go into the barns and play in the loft and almost every time they've told me they thought they saw someone with us, dark figure kind of tall but it'd be gone.

My husband (just got married) told me when we were younger and went into the barn and I remember, we were having some "fun" and he stopped he said, "I think your little brother is in here." (He's taller than me and 5 years younger) all I said was, "huh" he says, "I thought it was him because I saw someone crawling behind that stuff." Needless to say that scared the shiat out of me and I was out of there in a jiffy!

There have been times I would wake up but still be asleep (does that make sense?) and think I would see someone and hear my name whispered or I'd wake up not able to move with this horrible pain in my chest... I remember those parts because my sister would be right next to me and I tried to call out to her but I couldn't. It was as if I'd lost voice. I just starred at her and cried... After that happening more than once I stopped telling her what happened and we kind of drifted away from her.

I don't know if this has anything to do with ghosts but I had this dream back in high school. I'm sitting in a dark room with a dim light and these voices are telling me something bad is going to happen in 4 days. I thought it was dumb so I told my friend and said let's wait another 3 days. Well on the last day my best friend had another close guy friend kill himself. I never felt so awful and I felt it was my fault like I could've done something.

I'm sorry it's choppy but I'm doing this on a cell and my fingers are going numb and please don't be mad at me for bad grammar! I am sorry!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, keekee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Ok, let me say this: if you know what you are doing, ouija boards really aren't dangerous, although I still wouldn't reccomend using them, as spirits, and demons can lie.
A great point that was brought up is what you did with the board.
In my experiences with the board, as well as my friends' experiences, I've learned that this method works best when dealing with something nasty:
Immediately stop contact, say goodbye, and move the planchette to goodbye.
Take rock salt, or whatever other form of salt you have, and sprinkle salt on the 4 corners of the board. Overkill it if it makes you feel better.
If you must take the extra step, sprinkle the board with holy water and dip the planchette in it, as well.
You can make holy water by putting a cross, or something else that is holy in a bottle of water, or go the hard route and find an actual priest to bless it.
I've actually had a planchette crack when it was dropped into holy water. Pretty intense stuff.
Anyway, once you have taken the said precautions, find a hidden space for the board and put it away for at least a month. A hidden space is used to prevent temptation.
I hope you took similiar precautions, or if you do happen to dabble with a ouija again, will put these to good use. They certainly do my friend (who uses them on a regular basis and is very skilled; she showed me these methods) a heap of good.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
if I amy ask miss what pretell did you do with the board after the incidents?
Evanescence (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
You should never mess with an ouija board.
All this is happening because of it.
And because you didn't end it properly.
I agree with all the replies, And to add I think you should get one ouija board and end it.

I hope everything works out for you. ❤
Walrek (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
I agree that the board opened a door for this evil spirit to show up. The best way to get rid of evil is to fill your life with good. Command it to leave. If it won't, command it in the Name of Jesus Christ. Next, have your entire family pray to God for it to leave. Then, if all fails, go to your church leader for help.

I wish you the best.
GhostHunterUk2010 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-21)
i agree completly with moongrim

Another way to discribe this is a mobile phone

Imagine you have one and the spirit/demon has one.
The bored is the number and is the signel

The demon/spirit does not want to hang up so he stays on the line what you have to do is tell him/her to leave

This is your best bet if this does not work then arm yourself with a preist and hope this works.

As for the 'cold iron' I'm not to sure about that but another recomenation is quartz misty is best but it has near the same abiltys clear

Message me if you need more help
AlexaBredon (6 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Never Ever mess with a Ouija board they only open a portal to hell
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
The whole thing is caused by the fact you playe the ouija board. I hope every body can learn a lesson from you. Once you mess up with it, it is hard to get rid of it.
keekee (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
I'm starting to wonder if this is a demon... Recently two men died outside of my house. Our farmer had a heart attack and he didn't have a history of heart problems and a childhood friends uncle got hit by a semi truck and just a few months ago I was outside watching a storm come in and as I got into my car lightning hit the tree I was under... I just moved to california and I believe it followed me here. I was in the bathroom drying my hair and I thought I saw somethng behind me in the mirror and when I looked back it was gone.

Thank you moongrim and danihorrorshow I will try my hardest to get rid of this
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
The thing about Ouija boards and other ghost communications: Once you've started a communication, you need to close it properly (By announcing your desire to end the conversation and say goodbye with the planchette).

You didn't.

Recommendation- get another board, and tell whatever you've established communication with, that you're ending the contact and closing the communication. Essentially you've left your 'front door open' so to speak.

And be sure to have some cold iron on hand in the future.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore
danihorrorshow (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
It seems an entity has connected itself to you through the board the night you used it, I figure it is evil since you were using negative langauge over it which may have attrached a negative spirit (unfortuneatly, for example, a Demon).
I don't believe this negative entity is a passed human soul, due to the fact that it had forseen a man's sucide who was somewhat related to your life. I doubt it had anything to do with his sucide, so do not put any blame on yourself. If anything that is exactly what it wants you to do.
The best thing to do with this entity is to perhaps have your home blessed, if your husband is seeing it manifest itself (when you noted he said he saw someone crawling around) chances are it is getting fairly powerful. Also, when you feel its presence you have to sound as fearless as you can and tell it to go away. You can tell it that it will find nothing it wants here, or that no one has any desire for it to be here and must leave.
Hope everything works out for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: