You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: A Ghostly Forewarning At 3 A.m.

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghostly Forewarning At 3 A.m.

 

This morning at 3 a.m. In my apartment in Arlington, Virginia, I was abruptly woken up by what seemed to be an air raid siren type of sound in my apartment. As I fumbled around in the dark, I noticed that the "siren" seemed to come from the living room. I went into the pitch black living room to determine where the sound was coming from. There, I found my land line console telephone, with a blue halo light emanating from under the number keys. I have never seen the keys light up before with a blue light. The speaker application to the telephone was actually turned on, and the DIAL TONE was blasting out over the speaker phone!

The telephone receiver was firmly in place and this was not a situation where the phone was off the hook where you get a pulsating sound. This was actually the DIAL TONE! Standing there in the dark, all I could think of was when I was a little girl growing up in Ellenville, N.Y. In the 1950's. In Ellenville, one could hear the town siren go off from the center of town, whenever there was an emergency. I never realized a DIAL TONE could sound so much like an emergency siren until I went through the experience last night. I can't imagine how it could have happened as I never use the speaker phone.

This Friday is Friday August 13th, 2010. I write this story as a matter of record in just case something weird happens and it is a forewarning from beyond.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, edie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sqweeky1297 (30 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-21)
This doesn't make any sense! I don't get the point of this story. So something was messed up with the Dial Tone and the phone. Nothing paranormal.
Spaz (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Is it related to a 9/11? Because Isnt Arlington where one of the plane crashed?
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Sounds like it's time to get a new phone lol. If anything happens/happened, do update us. Hope you're ok.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Hi edie. If it was me I would make sure that the phone is not faulty. Like the others say it could be the phone? On the other hand it might not be the phone. It's best to make sure, because otherwise you going to wonder for ever about it. My electrical kettle went on one day, my son and I just looked at each other, I must say little things are happening in our house. We are used to it. We ignore it then it settles for a while. My grandfather used to tell me not to speak negative, because your words might attract negative energy to yourself. Be positive and take care. Let us know what's going on with that phone, and what is happening in your apartment. 😕
bexscowz06 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
It could just be a fault with the phone so try not to drive yourself crazy. Though I am a big believer in spirits trying to contact people through electrical objects.

Did anything bad happen to you on that day?
jpr11011 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
That is pretty creepy, I'd be careful without going crazy. Too many times have people gotten hurt by being careful when they wouldn't have been before. In other words, the warning causes the problem. This is a theory as to why historical events cannot be changed- the people who go back and try to change it accidentally make it happen!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: