You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Lesson Learned

Real Ghost Stories

Lesson Learned

 

Halloween has always been my favorite part of the year. You get to dress up as gory, spooky beings and get candy. What's not to love? That having been said, my friends and I have continued the tradition of 'trick or treating' long after our little kid years. Though some frowned upon it, we thought it was one of the funniest things in the world to do. Living in a small town does that to you. It was last Halloween that things went from playful to dangerous. Before I continue, however, I just want to say that what happened was because of our own stupidity. It was our fault, plain and simple. So don't go and blame it on the religion.

My two friends, whom I'll call friend A, and friend B, and I had just discovered the religion Wicca a few weeks before. Friend B's mother was Wiccan, and had let us borrow a few books to read up on since we were curious about it. It was around midnight, and we had just gotten back from commandeering my mother's car to take a visit to the cemetery that lies a few miles out of town. We didn't go to ruin any graves, or pitiful things like that, we'd gone to simply admire the stones and just be away from everything. None of us had gotten out of the car, being as when one of us is freaked out, the panic spreads like a disease. But as I was saying, we were in my trailer twirling around our glow sticks when we caught sight of the books on Wicca, which B had brought over. Friend A, who is hyper sensitive and knew more about Wicca than B and me, thought we should cast a circle. For those of you who have never practiced or studied Wicca, it means to cast spells or thank the deities and stuff like that. Being a newbie, I thought it'd be okay. So we gathered the candles and sat in a circle on my living room floor. We went through the process of 'purifying' the circle, and said words that A suggested. Friend A still won't say what those words meant, but I know enough that they weren't good.

It was a few nights later that I learned never to be that reckless again. I had most of the lights on in the trailer, and I was walking to the couch so I could eat supper. My mom's room is to the right of the living room, and so I had a pretty good view as the door to her room slammed shut with force. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, it felt like it might jump straight out of my chest. I set my plate down and sat on the couch, curling myself in a ball and looking at the now closed door. I thought it had been closed, but I was wrong, because the door was slightly ajar. A pale white face, with empty eye sockets peeked through the slit in the door, looking straight my way. At first I thought I was just imagining things. I hoped I was imagining things. I looked away, and opened up my laptop, which had been on sleep mode the entire time, and messaged one of my friends that lives a couple blocks away, asking if I could stay the night. After she said yes, I closed down the computer. That's when I began to hear voices, both male and female. They sounded right next to me and far away at the same time. I couldn't decipher what they were saying; they were speaking in a different language. So I left everything on in the house and ran out of there as fast as I could.

The next night, friend A and the one I'd stayed with (friend C) came to my house with me so I could get more clothes to wear for school. We were sitting in the living room on the couch when friend C's phone went off, saying that I'd texted her. She asked if I had texted her, but I told her no, and showed her that my phone had been in my pocket the whole time. Her face went pale, and when she showed me the text is when we got the hell out of my house. The text had read: "Do you hear the voices too?"

A couple days later we went back again at night. This time it was only Friend A and me. I was sitting in the chair adjacent to the couch, which is what Friend A was sitting on, staring at my mom's room. The door was open so I could actually see inside of it. I was pretty sure I was stuck in psychological hell when I saw a black shadowy figure peek out from behind the door frame. It looked like it was waving at me. Hating to be afraid, and being the dummy I am, I glared at it. I can't remember if it had eyes or not, and for that I'm glad. While the one by the door was still looking at me, I'm sure it was looking at me; another figure began crawling up the wall in my mom's room and then onto the ceiling, like it was showing off. Friend A asked what I was glaring at, but for a few seconds I couldn't say anything. I couldn't look away from those shadowy figures. I was finally able to tell her, and we promptly got away. On the way to friend C's house, I would constantly see black figures peek out from behind trees. Some would even jump out and then back behind the trees, like they were playing a game. School was hell the next day. I kept drawing the black figures, and I couldn't focus.

My mom had been at her boyfriends the whole time this was happening and so I told her what was happening. She went in her room and prayed. Nothing's bothered me since, but now I hardly ever go into her room especially at night. I've had paranormal encounters before, but never again will I be afraid as I was at that time.

Any comments, opinions, and feedback are welcomed with open arms.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, morbid-daydream, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
Also, if your friends mom is Wicca than why not present before her the pickle you curious young ladies have found your selves in. An uncomfortable situation. No circles this year? Bless you & yours. Much love.

~LSD~
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
I am totally with Lotus and Morbid_Daydream. I LIVE FOR AND LOVE Halloween. I mean c'mon, no matter how old you are, you can dress up as whatever you want and no one can say anything.

This story was very interesting and well written. I like learning about different religions and the supernatural world. I agree with other posters that you should talk to your mom about your uneasiness, and maybe suggest a cleansing.

If only I had read this on Halloween, though! 😆
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
I've said this or typed this rather, a million times & I will again. Everyday is Halloween for me. Even when I sleep. Don't get me wrong I do find my self in the presence of the Holy Spirit a lot. But there's two sides to everything. Bless you & yours. MCL.

~LSD~
morbid-daydream (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Thank you everyone for your feedback, I will see if my mom will consider cleansing the house. You're right, who knows how long this peace will last, and I'm so grateful that no one got injured. And yes, this Halloween we won't be doing any of that, just the norm Trick or Treating. I've never had such a strong connection before and so it's good to hear that I'm not totally insane. And I've seen plenty of fairies and angels on Halloween, I guess it's just where you look. Once again thank you for all of your comments. =)
peter1589 (1 stories) (10 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
Halloween actually originally was the Feast of All Souls. Satan has hijacked it to make it a celebration of the demonic. Note how many devils you'll find and monsters as well, but no angels and no saints. Interesting, no?
Benny (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
i have the same experiences, not involving wicca though. My uncle lived 40 metres away, he recently passed... Just a few days ago I walked over to his house to grab a can of milo as we had run out, I heard sort-of footsteps, it was rainin, the roof leaked, I walked in and noticed a white ghost sitting on my uncles chair wearing what looked like layered gowns, I bolted the hell outta there and refuse to return
Silene02 (guest)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-21)
It is pretty clear that playing with unseen forces and opening a circle has made a spirit follow after you, I saw on TV a similar case.

A witchcraft casting of the circle is not only to put aside a special place to make rituals... Remember that you open a door in between worlds.

People who don't believe in this think that this is bullshiat but the casting of the circle it has been done since ancient times to summon the spirits.
reneespring (148 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
I was into Wicca for probably around a year and I never had a problem with paranormal activity as a result. But then all my rituals were done in English and I knew what was being said. I do recall one time after a ritual, my cat got slinky and low to the the floor like he was afraid/humbled and was very slow and cautious about coming into the room. But I fixed that. I declared outloud that any rituals that would be done henceforth would be cat-friendly and not make him feel so small and cautious. And so it was. He never acted weird again after a ritual.
AlexaBredon (6 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
You should never play around with any rituals or especially Ouija Boards if you don't know what your doing it could be quite dangerous 😁
sweety (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
i love reading these stories on this site but there is no way I would ever play around with any rituals or anything that might bring attention to the deadaapp. The thought of this happening to me WOW 1 time was enough for me. ❤ 😐
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
I've been reading up and studying the craft for a few years I could easily cast a circle but I wouldn't because I don't have strong reason to or realy know what I'm doing and what's hapend to you is the exact reason why. I think you definately need to talk to a practicing witch and seek there help in closing what you opend.
Rashidah (guest)
+3
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
What people have to be careful about is when they look to participate in rituals not headed over by an experienced person.

It is very good that you did not like others blame it on the religion of wicca. That is very mature of you and I am very glad that you shared this story. ❤

I am going to face book this one.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
What I would like to know is if the spirits ever did anything to actually hurt anyone. Not all spirits are out to get you, and these ones that came through, from what you've written, were just looking for some attention. But that's only what it seems like. They know you could see them.

Trust me when I say they can tell who can sense/see them; I can barely step foot in a graveyard without all energies being turned to me, like if you were to wear something neon to a funeral; everyone looks at you.

I agree with bbsgurl1023 - pet someone to come into the house and pray who is of Wiccan faith, maybe one of the high priestesses from friend B's mom's group, or even friend B's mom may be able to help. Who knows.

Hope everything works out for you.

Penny ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+6
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Rituals are a very serious matter, not to be taken lightly or used as party games. A circle should be cast for a reason, whether it's for a positive spell, or just to commune quietly with Deity. When you realized your friend was leading you in a less than positive direction, that would have been a good time to take up the circle, put everything away, and go watch a movie. But, you realize that now.
The most valuable lessons in life, the ones that really stick with us, are the ones we learn by making a mistake. Making that mistake, and acknowledging that mistake have allowed you to mature in the Craft. I'm sure this Halloween will be much more peaceful for you.
Blessings ❤
bbsgurl1023 (11 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Wow, I'm glad none of the figures hurt you or your friends. You need to be careful when messing with stuff like that. Wiccan rituals are not meant to be messed around with, you can conjure up some pretty nasty stuff if your not careful. I would suggest having someone who really knows what they are doing come and cleanse your house just to make sure everything is gone. Who knows how long your mother prayer will keep them away. You might have opened a door without realizing it.
meangirl_26 (7 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
cool story, I remembered what happened to me way back in highschool... 😁 I have a couple of stories, if I get the time I'll write it up to share with you guys... 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: