You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 1:50 A.m.

Real Ghost Stories

1:50 A.m.

 

This post is another example of things that happen in my house in England. Though as I have continued to read other posts on this site

I have begun to wonder if there is more than just Geoffrey in the house.

I would advise people to read my other posts if you have a chance as I think this one will make more sense?

What I am about to write is repeatedly witnessed (as it were) by both me and my sister but from other ends of the house. It went on every night for years. I am not sure if it still does happen, but we now sleep through it or it just stopped.

Basically every night at around 01:50 I would wake up to someone walking along the corridor outside my bedroom. I could hear the footsteps very clearly. My parent's room is opposite my room and pretty much all the doors squeak in our house as they're old. My sister has a limp and her room is on the opposite end of the house so I knew it was no one else in the house.

The footsteps were heavy and I could hear them clearly even through my closed door. The footsteps would turn right at the end of the corridor, where my sister would begin to hear them. The footsteps then would appear to go through the locked front door and we would hear a slight knock on the door as if it had been jolted.

We have a porch with our main front door and a glass porch door. Both are locked every night without fail. In the porch is a wooden mail box about a 70cms long and 20cms wide. It has a slot for the postman to post letter in but a lift up lid to get the mail out of. Every day after the front door knocked. My sister and I both would hear the lid being lifted and then dropped back down on the mail box as if someone was checking the mail. This is where I wouldn't hear anymore but my sister said that then after a minute or so the security lights would go on in the garden. She would hear something going through the bins and loud shuffling. She was always too scared to look though and so was I.

There is no way a person could get through the locked doors without keys and where my bed is I can hear the keys being moved off the hooks and turned in the doors. Also there is no gate way to our back garden (where my sister's room backs onto). The only way through to the back garden is via the garage which has a really old electric garage door that is so noisy you can hear it clearly from anywhere in the house and will set the dog off barking guaranteed and she never barked at these noises.

One night I can remember back in 2005 it was the usual 1:50am footsteps but shortly after someone/something began trying to get in the front porch door. It was pulled violently and the handle was being yanked up and down frantically. The door was aggressively banged for about a minute as if someone was shaking and hitting it. I was terrified and just lay in my bed listening. My dog looked scared too and didn't bark just lay on the floor growling. Normally she would go under the curtain and look out the window as the windowsills are low in my house. But she didn't this time. After about 5 minutes it stopped. I eventually went back to sleep. I have no idea what was trying to get in the door that night.

I have no belief it was a person or an animal. I think if it was a person they would have knocked on my window as we live in a bungalow and my room is next to the front door.

An animal would not be able to pull the door handle.

Other hauntings by bexscowz06

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bexscowz06, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
I'm sorry,
I should've posted this on the other stories.
But why is it that you call him a friendly ghost?
He is obviously a poltergeist. You even stated that yourself.
I would love to hear more about this 'Geoffery'
Fellow. And more of the mischief he gets up to!
Enzoinabenzo (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-14)
It's 1:50 and I'm reading your story. Thanks for the shivers! Lol
Callme15 (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-11)
Did you found out about the history of the house? Sometimes it's the history that counts, you know. I'm a newbie, just poking around, and saw your story. Well, that's great. You have a nice story.
Lynne ❤
Aliendewd (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-03)
Interesting story, however, i'd have to ask what your parents make of these happenings. In particular, the door handle incident. From what you say, it was loud and persistent for 5 minutes or so. Presumably, your parents heard this noise too, or at very least, you informed them.
As Dan_Paranormal mentioned, I wouldn't say you haven't experienced the paranormal, the footsteps is very similar to experiences a family member of mine had, but there are other logical explanations too, in particular, the door handle. Nice story though.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
Hey Bluerose19, Coming to the watchman spirit, here in India Hindus believe that every village has a spirit that guards it. Some call it 'Mulpurush' (the first man) while others say it's 'Vetaal'. Many people have reported hearing sounds of sticks hitting the ground (like when watchmen bang their sticks while patrolling), somebody walking, etc. They believe that anybody who happens to come in their path can be hit/shoved away.
Harleyquinn (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
lol some animals can open door handles (ecspecially if you watch you've been framed or afv);D haha 😁

HaPpY hArLeY ❤ ❤
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
To me, it sounds more like a spirit of a very dutiful and obedient watchman,, who might have died either in that house,, or may be nearby,, may be many many years ago...
Northie (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
What I find most interesting is that the repetitive 1:50am event is leaving quite physical impressions - footsteps, moving doors, letterbox flaps and security lights - all suggesting to me quite a powerful spirit (or spirit with high energy).

I'm also certain that the door-handle rattling is a separate entity - spiritual or not.

Try to find out about the house's history and the history of the land the house is situated on
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Sounds to me like a residual haunting. This is where a spirit or ghost does the same thing over and over again like a daily routine. It is very possable this person lived there before you and your family and continues to do daily what they did when they were alive. If it is not harming you I would not worry about it other than being annoying. Most of the time residual hauntings don't even notice us around as they go about their routine. Probably doesn't mean you any harm.
Good luck
Zuksimom
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
I would agree with darkness. It could be residual since it happens every night. Are you the original owner of the house? Keep us posted.

JamesL (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
Geoffrey is obviously trying to get attention. The logical assumption being that he needs help. Clearly an unhappy soul who likely met an unfair end in terrible circumstances.
XxelliesxX (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
England is a scary place I should know as I live here and so do you:)
I also live in a bungalow but I'm by the back door... And I constantly here the gate rocking back and forth but we have a latch that is always still on in the morning
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
I would agree with Darkness here. However could it be possible that it may be two events? A residual psychic leftover just doing the repetative actions that may be left over but an intelligent bad willed entity trying to scare you as well.

Or even on a none spiritual level that one night maybe it was a strong gust of wind or an animal of some sort, it's possible they can yank door handles and act like a human trying to get in, I've heard of it happening before. I would probably go with the latter idea personally. Could have even been someone possibly trying to get into your house but giving up but I doubt this.

I don't doubt that you have/had spiritual energy in your house I just feel that when we have paranormal events going on around us we're more open to paranormal feelings and are more likely to blame various actions on the paranormal.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
If you were in the states, I'd hazard a guess that a Raccoon might be the one rattling the door.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Hi bexscowz06: At first I was thinking that this could be a residual haunting although when you explained the yanking of the door handle this didn't make sense. Would be good if you could maybe one night leave a video recorder on in an area where you could see the whole porch area and door, it does not seem malevolent but it would still be frightning to experience. What is your homes history like? Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
scary, Are you in rural England? How old are you? When did this happen?

I'll have to read your other posts to learn more about what you are going through.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Despite what some have and may say, I believe sticking with your instincts can end up saving yourself from any trauma or physical danger when dealing with the supernatural.
Even if it weren't supernatural, you still probably saved yourself from being possibly attacked from a person trying to break into your house.

Do you still live there, and if you do, do you need help to rid yourself of this entity?

This comment from Kericho is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: