You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Geoffrey The Friendly Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Geoffrey The Friendly Ghost

 

I have always been fairly open minded about all things paranormal. When I moved into my house at the age of 14 I never could have expected the things that happened to me and my family. There are countless incidents I can tell you guys about. So I will start today with what happened within the first few weeks of living in my house. This first incident happened on the day I moved into my house 10 years ago.

It was the start of the school holidays. All the boxes of our stuff were moved into our new garage by the moving people. I was collecting some boxes of my stuff pretty much straight away after we arrived. I was alone and out of the corner of my eye I saw a man in a black tux, middle aged and brown balding hair standing in the corner of the room. I turned to see him properly and he disappeared. I put this down to being in a new house and it being my imagination. The next day we were all awoken by sounds of walking in the attic. My parents were convinced it was "squirrels" or at least that is what they told me and my sister. This carried on continuously for months. I didn't think anymore about these incidents until I came home from a friend's house about a week later. My sister was home alone with her friend. I came home to find them hiding in the bathroom. I asked them what was wrong and her friend told me she had seen a man standing in the garden staring into my sister's room. My sister then added that when she looked up and as she was looking at him he faded away before their eyes. They both told me this story and were visibly terrified.

Later on the same week I had a friend over and told her about the repeated footsteps in the attic and the man etc. She said we should do a Ouija board. I was totally up for it. Not really realizing the dangers involved then. So we made a Ouija board and sat in my lounge doing said Ouija board. The glass moved but to be honest I was thinking it was my friend. She was thinking the same. We asked questions and every time got a slow controlled response. We asked his name... The glass spelled out Geoffrey. We asked if he died here... The glassed spelled out yes. We discovered a few other things like he was a butler. Then all of a sudden the door handle on my lounge door twisted open (we both heard it move so we looked up) and then the door opened. The plants by the door then moved as if someone had brushed past them one at a time. We were the only ones in the house.

We both screamed and ran out the house...

I will tell the next part of what happened after the Ouija board in a while.

Other hauntings by bexscowz06

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bexscowz06, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
bexscowz06: Sounds spooky can't wait to hear the next part to your story, it seems as though he was trying to get your attention but in a very creepy way, lol typical of ghosts.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
bexscowz06 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
Hey guys,
Thanks for the comments!

It becomes more clearer as I go on he is friendly or sorts. I don't think he is evil.

In some ways he's been a great comfort over the years.

BellaPhantom12199 & MothToFlame oddly enough in the 10 years I have lived in that house I never came to the conclusion he was murdered by his master. Or even murdered for that matter.

I will write another experience now.

Zzzgranny I have seen him repeatedly over the years. I don't want to ruin all my future posts by telling too much. But it gets a lot more intense.
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
Hahahaha! Good one zzsgranny!

Geoffrey seems harmless and hopefully he'll stay that way. I look forward to hearing more about him. Please, don't use the ouija board... Ouija boards are bad, m'kay? (<- a little South Park humor)

:0)
MothToFlame (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
zzsgranny: Just hearing that had me saying, "Who Killed Who?" haha.

Interesting story you got here!:) I have to agree with buckle123... How do you know he's friendly? Sure, he didn't attack or anything, but who knows?

Can't wait to hear more from you! For some reason, I love stories involving Ouija boards.:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
bexscowz: This sounds kind of cool! 😊...Have you seen him recently?...I guess I'll wait for the next installment!...

Bella: There's some irony for ya: "The Master Did It"! 😆 ❤
buckle123 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
i don't know how you figured he was friendly.
Maybe it should be "geoffrey the possibly friendly but also possibly hostile ghost". No that's not right...
BellaPhantom12199 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
If he was a butler the person whom he served may have killed him and do not be afraid if there is a bad ghost fear will give it more power

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: