You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Sensations, Silhouttes And Mirrors

Real Ghost Stories

Sensations, Silhouttes And Mirrors

 

This is a collection of some things that has happened that I'm a little curious about, as well as a persistent feeling I have, and share with, at least, my younger sister.

Anyway, let's get to it.

I live in my parent's house, in the northern parts of Sweden. It's a house that was built when the city was trying to attract more doctors to our hospital, and so, it's large and the place where my room is located is made to be able to work as an apartment in the house. And since I am looking for a job while studying now, I tend to stay up late, which has led to a couple of things happening, every now and then.

The first was some time ago, a couple of weeks after I had last played F.E.A.R. I don't remember if I couldn't sleep, or if I woke up. Anyway, I looked away from the wall my bed is next to, towards the area where I have a small kitchen, covered by white... Drapes, I suppose. On the drapes, I saw the silhouette of a girl, with long hair, standing sideways to me. Nothing happened, and, thinking logically, have blamed it on the chair I have next to the drapes, to somehow cast a weird silhouette. What I did that night, anyway, was to merely turn towards the wall, close my eyes and fall asleep. So, this I, personally, blame on the fact that I had been playing F.E.A.R, although some time had passed, combined with the chair.

The second thing was when I was up by the computer, and had to go to the bathroom. Once I entered the hall outside my room, which connects a secondary exit, another room, the bathroom and the hall to the rest of the house, I felt this sensation of something not wanting me there. I freaked out, and would've preferred to just go back into my room, but I had little choice, so I pushed forward and flipped the switch, which is about halfway through the hall. Once I did, the sensation disappeared, and I carried on.

The third thing is that both I and my little sister have constant fear of the mirrors in the building. I normally don't care much about mirrors, except for jokingly imagine that you bend over, and when you look back, something is there. But for some reason, I can't bear to look into the mirrors in this house until I've turned on the lights. Nothing substantial, in other words, just this weird feeling.

In regard of the second thing, I have often felt that I can't leave the room, that there is something outside that doesn't want me there. On occasions, I am convinced that I hear sounds coming from the hall, but I blame it on the sounds from buildings when all is quiet.

Will be moving in April, to an apartment with a rather odd basement. In one of the rooms, where the heater for water is, there stands a chair, facing towards the wall. Had kind of a spooky feel to it, but I think that was merely imagination.

Anyway, I am of the mind that I do not believe until I really see something that can't be blamed on something else, although I am intrigued by the thought of ghost and other entities. So, at the same time that I have wanted to use something that will bring proof (Ouija-boards come to mind, or a game called "the spirit in the glass", directly translated), I have much too much respect for the unknown to be foolish enough to try something like that. After all, if I am proven that there are otherworldly entities; it seems stupid to have antagonized them, especially considering some of what I've read here. So, bring on your thoughts, I'd very much like to hear what you've got to say.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sceptical, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sceptical (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
[at] DA: Thanks, I'll have to look around and see if I find anything to create a pendulum. Would be cool to find out, without any high risks.

[at] Hiya: Yea, that is my guess as well, although there had been some time since I last played when it heard. But that could most certainly be the case. And, being skeptic myself, that is what I believe as well.

[at] Spirits: Yea, it has an awesome story though, and I can't wait for F.3.A.R. But, scary as it is, I found that Amnesia is a hell of a lot worse. I tried to play it together with two friends, but I froze. That game just got to me. Could hardly do anything.

To all of you, thanks for the comments, again. It feels great to be able to ask those that feel more certain about these things than I do, and to read your stories.
SpiritsWindsForever (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
FEAR is a hardcore game man I get why you freaked out. Dont worry I freaked out after playing it too
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
F.E.A.R, is a game that has paranormal in the plot, so the feeling you got could be from this game. Since it sounds as though you were alone at this time (or at least the only one awake) it is quit possible that your senses were just turned on high because of the creepiness of the game and the fact nobody else was around. The same with the feeling when you walked into the hell.
I can relate to the mirror thing, I once had this mirror that creeped me out so bad that I took it off the bathroom wall, though that a different story entirely in itself. There are quit a few people that believe that mirrors can be portals to the other side, a different world, etc. Way back in the day (1700's-1800's) after somebody died, they would cover mirrors up to prevent the spirit of the dearly departed getting stuck inside or bound to it. Perhaps what you and your little sister are feeling a stuck spirit?b
Everything else sounds as though it could POSSIBLY be your imagination. I'm sorry if this sounds as though I'm trying to discredit you I'm truly not! Keep us posted.
-Hayz
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
You can try using a pendulum. A pendulum can be made out of almost anything but my best recommendation is a piece of clear quartz attached to a real silver chain. Silver is a "pure" metal and generally wards off evil spirits in various cultures. Steady the pendulum in your hand so that it doesn't move, and do your best not to move or shake at all. If necessary, balance your wrist on the edge of a table or something to get as steady of a hand as possible. Start by asking a few simple questions, like "is my name -name here-?" and envision which direction it should move for yes or no. In this way you sort of "program" the yes/no directional responses. Then you can start asking questions like "are there any spirits here?" etc. That's the safest way I know of.
Sceptical (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
[at] DA: Yeah, I think you are right (well, that's a given, seeing as how I've explained my stand towards ghost and others to be). As for contact... Yeah, might be clever to do as you say.

[at] Isandhu: Yea, I'd agree with you, just thought I'd see what people who have firmer belief than me thought. Thanks for your comments, and I will definitely stay away from Ouija-boards and the like.

[at] no one in particular: I do wonder, though, is there any way that is safer than, say, an Ouija-board? Since I want to believe, but to do that, I'd have to prove myself, so to speak, but as mentioned, I'd say it would be pretty stupid to mess with things that one do not know about. So, if any of you know of a safe-ish method, I'd love to hear about it.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
I think this is pretty much exactly what you describe it as. Fear from playing F.E.A.R (to all who don't know, it's a survival/horror game in which a military facility full of super-soldiers is psychicially overtaken by a little girl who looks like she walked straight out of The Ring) and paranoia of what you think you might see. I'd say steer clear of contacting any spirits until you feel more prepared to deal with things that you can't control.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Honestly, it sounds to me like you have an overactive imagination. That doesn't mean there's nothing paranormal going on, but you're not going to be able to figure that out unless you get control of your thoughts and fears. I find that it helps if I actively face my fears when scary things happen. In other words, next time you see/feel something creepy, march right over to where it is and see whether you can find an explanation for it. However, please do follow your own advice and stay away from Ouija boards, etc.
Sceptical (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Yea, could be.
And I blame F.E.A.R for causing tricks, although there had been some time since I last played when it happened.
I tend to use mirrors quite a bit, but I never look into them when the lights are off at home. Just doesn't feel ok.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
You got that right that Ouji Board is not a Game to play with its like playing with Fire. Also I get samething when I thought I seen something extley like you say Blame on the chair as same I get that. Also Mirror is a Portal/Door way that why some of us don't like Mirror but some of us got to use mirror to fix our hair and etc very important. Maybe something there when you sence there might be a girl/little girl or something you might had caught something stand there. You say You were on Computer or Playing f.e.a.r Am I Right Cause some game can playing Trick of the eyes getting very tired that happen to me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: