You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Patting And Biting

Real Ghost Stories

Patting And Biting

 

This is my third story, its not as dramatic but just as strange and confusing!

At the start of summer I went to see some friends for a girly weekend. My friend had a flat that we were crashing at for the weekend. It had been a while since we'd all seen each other so we were sat round the kitchen dining table having a chat, cooking a bit of dinner and sharing a bottle of wine. Now before you say maybe it was the wine! (It was a glass of wine before dinner as opposed to a session before a night out so I will rule the alcohol out as being responsible!)

I was sat at the table with the other girls, and I felt someone/thing bite my thigh. I actually physically flinched and gave out a little scream! My friends thought I was being a little nuts, when I kept saying something bit me. My friend doesn't have any pets and it felt a bigger bite that an insect could do.

This was strange in itself and I shrugged it off as being tired or imagining it. But this bite feeling has happened before and after this one time, and each time I've shrugged it off as cramps, tiredness or imagination. But the more I think about it, the more I think it is a little strange!

I used to work for a charity at its main offices at the start of the year, one day I felt something bite my leg. I flinched immediately and told my colleagues, I had a look under my desk and there was nothing there. I felt rather silly for thinking anything could be there and carried on with my work. A few times at my new job I've felt things pat me on the hand or bite my hand and it makes me jump every time. It's quite embarrassing explaining that 'oh I thought something fell on me' (what I usually say to avoid looking insane, but even that sounds a little insane!)

These little random bites, and pats don't really bother me, but along with the other strange things I've encountered over the last year especially (detailed in previous stories) I am beginning to think maybe there is something sinister following me around. I've had a lot of bad luck and expressed some strange behaviour which I don't like to blame on supernatural beings maybe it is just me. But a part of me is thinking maybe there is a bad spirit or something messing with me.

This summer while on holiday my mum asked a priest to bless me with holy water. He asked why she wanted this done and she told him that I am a sleep talker and have been screaming and shouting abuse in my sleep nearly every night. He sprinkled holy water over my head and then started telling me things and events that he wouldn't know about. This really did freak me out, I started to cry as some of the information he knew was close to my heart.

The previous weekend I had spent with my cousins and friends. During this weekend away I had gotten into a fight with a cousin and a friend, which resulted in me storming out of our hotel at 6am. I didn't sleep that night and I my mind was full of rage and sadness over this fight. It was a Tuesday that I saw this priest and he said to me, "don't worry so much, I know you didn't sleep Saturday at all and around 4-5am in the morning you were worrying and thinking too much."

I was with my mother and aunt, neither of whom knew of the weekend's events. I was very shocked that he knew this information. He also said something that was frightening, he said that there was someone who is determined to keep circling me and causing bad things to happen to be and I should be wary of this person. I haven't a clue who this could be and I'm questioning my friendships now because of this.

I'm not really sure who or what to believe.

Other hauntings by believer008

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, believer008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

believer008 (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-18)
Hi All!
Thanks for the advise, I've had a blood test last summer, and they told me my vitamin D level was low, so been taking Vit D tablets... Maybe it was because this can be low that I feel these bites. It doesn't feel like insect bites though it feels bigger, but yes it is more of a quick pinch sort of bite than a grabbing and holding down. There are no marks, but I've woken up with scratches before.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-16)
The previous posters are all onto something with the biting sensation you've been feeling. My husband is an athlete and as such he very often will run through his daily intake of vitamins derived from natural sources, such as food and beverages. Because of this he takes supplements. On days when he rides over 100 miles on his bicycle he will take and extra dosage of potassium to keep from cramping. He tells me he can tell when his level of potassium begins to falter as the sensation of being bit, not bug bites, begins. He'll increase his intake at that time to keep from entering the second stage, which is muscle cramping.
Just a thought.

Jav
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
I really don't know what the bites could be, I like the theory about it being nerve spasms, you haven't mentioned that these "bites" have left any marks on your body so I would suggest a nerve spasm theory may be something to look into 😊
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
I wouldn't worry about the bites, there are just too many physical reasons it could be happening. I just googled it and came up with a boatload of conversations about the same sensations.
There is something called parsotosis, the sensation of being bit by insects... Happens all over the body. Bird mites... Tiny little black flecks... Look for these if you have an outdoor cat or spend time outdoors...also, as the other posters stated, nerve misfires. BlueTurtle has a good question... We all know what it feels like to be bitten by someone (go back to your childhood lol)...so, how big is the "bite" area. If its like an intense bug bite, see above.
Your priest, he must have a gift, sound like he was trying to comfort you.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
I get pinprick sensations on my body that feel like intense bites... Like bug bites, and they're just from nerves. So I wanted to ask... These bites, do they feel like pricks or do they feel as if something is taking hold of you and pressing down, like a jaw clamping down on your skin?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
The biting sensation really sounds to me like nerve spasms. Have you seen any physical marks from these bites? You may want to check with your doctor and get a blood test to find out if you have any abnormal levels. Vitamin and/or mineral deprivations can sometimes cause nerve and muscle spasms that are pretty painful and sometimes feel like bites or pinches. That is rather spooky that your priest knows all this stuff. I would be rather concerned that I was being followed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: