You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Head Patting Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Head Patting Ghost

 

I've been reading this website for a few days now, but this is the first time I post an experience. This experience is not completely mine, as it actually happened to my mother. I'm just sharing both her side and mine of the story. Also, I apologize for any mistake I could make while writing this, English not being my first language and all.

I live with my family in a two story house. There are two bedrooms upstairs (mine and my parents) and one downstairs, which we use as a guestroom. The other night my mother couldn't sleep (my dad snores reeeaaally loud), so she went to the guestroom to spend the night. At that moment I happened to be in the living room, on my laptop, doing whatever, and she just told me half asleep what had happened. I just nodded and continued doing whatever I was doing. A few minutes passed and I heard some steps going upstairs, and I just assumed it was my mother going back to her bedroom. I didn't give it much thought and went to bed soon after.

Next morning, my mother asked me if I had been to the guestroom and gently patted her head. I said no. She then told me that someone had opened the door, walked to her (she heard the footsteps) and proceeded to, well, pat her head, then walked away and left the door half open. She thought it had been me. As it happens, my mother had spent the whole night in the guest room and my dad was sleeping upstairs, so whomever I heard going upstairs that night was definitely a strange presence.

A few months passed, and my mom had the same problem with the snoring, so she went downstairs to spend the night again, only this time she went to the living room and slept on the couch. Next morning, she asked me if I had come downstairs and covered her with a blanket and, again, patted her head, which wasn't the case. She had half-woken up in the middle of the night feeling cold, and felt a presence covering her with some sort of invisible blanket (there was nothing really there) and patting.

Now, neither she nor I have the least idea of who this presence could be, but we're trying to convince ourselves that it's a good spirit who's looking after her. At least we hope so.

Other hauntings by NinaK

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NinaK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
NinaK - my thoughts are similar to val's. There are many stories on our site that are like yours. Sometimes it is a family member who stops in to offer comfort; other times it's a complete stranger who sits with us.

I do admit that it could be, and sometimes is, shocking/frightening, etc when someone is there who isn't really there LOL

But in any event, I enjoyed reading your story and want to thank you for sharing it with us 😊
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Sounds like a caring spirit to me. By the way, your English is really very good.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Dear NinaK,
Such a heartwarming tale ❤
I am inclined to side with everyone else who commented before me, namely allesgute154,notjustme,and especially with the part where Wish-Not (long time!) states "seems harmless and helpful" 😁

Regards
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Totally agree with Wish-Not and notjustme here. This is such a feel-good story! Thanks for sharing!
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Awwwe...how sweet. Are your grandparents alive? Perhaps it was one of them, or another family member, or just a "good" spirit like Wish-Not suggested. Cool beans!
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
NinaK- Welcome to YGS. I was able to follow your story quite well. It would seem that the two of you should not have to convince yourselves of the fact it is a "good" spirit. Seems harmless and helpful to me.

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: