You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Ghost Of My Great-grandmother

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Of My Great-grandmother

 

At first, sorry for my grammar, English is only my third language.

About 11 years ago, when I was 5 years old, the Grandma of my father died. My Mother and I, really loved her and used to help her with everything. She also liked my Mother like her own daughter.

My mother, which is Chinese really believe in Ghosts, so I do. A few days after my great-grandmothers funeral, my mother and me sat in the living room. Our door from the living room to the corridor was a glass door. My great-grandmother used to walk trough the corridor to get in her room. As we sat there and watched TV, my Mother pointed at the door and said she saw Great-Grandmother silhouette. At first I thought she was joking, but then I saw her too. It exactly looked like my Great-Grandmother when she walked to her room. If we opened the door, to look if there's something, there was nothing, but when the door was closed, we saw her walking down the corridor again.

My Father won't believe us, but my mother and I saw her a couple of times again, but he didn't saw it, which I found very curious, because my mom and me both clearly saw her silhouette. It was really like my Great-Grandmother walks trough the corridor, and I'm sure we didn't just imagine that. After a few months, we didn't saw the "shadow" again.

Also my Mother told me that after great-grandmothers dead, she sometimes used to feel her presence, when she lay in bed, but it stopped at the same time, when her "shadow" was gone.

My Mother and I still believe that we really saw the ghost of my great-grandmother and we still wondering, why she disappeared so suddenly.

If someone have an idea, why only my Mother and I saw her, and why she disappeared so suddenly, feel free to write me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Xiao, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-20)
hi, thanks for sharing your story.well,i think that maybe your grandma was more near to you and your mother so she was only visible to you both. 😊 😊
chickengirl67 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-18)
Maybe she just misses you and your mother. Btw, great story! 😊
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-17)
lovely story. Maybe your great grandma was just checking on you to make sure you and your mom are ok before crossing over... ❤
PsychoNinjaLette23 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
Very cool story, I find this one interesting, as I was reading, I want to mention it reminds me of something... I was at my grandmothers funeral and I thought I had seen both of my grandparents stand far out at the corner of the church, I went to eat, and my family had gathered around to talk about her. And since now I had not caught a glimpse of her, after her ashes were spread upon her husbands grave... So I thought this was quite a story, thanks for sharing.

😐 😭 😐
spook_central (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
oh and maybe the reason of why only you and your mother could see it is because you guys always helped her, and were the ones that she would call for. She probably felt like you two were more engaging with her than your father was
spook_central (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
i think you stopped seeing her because of how long she had been gone for. Like the less you remembered her the less she would appear. And then one day you just didn't feel like she was still around enough. If you know what I mean. Like when she just passed away you don't feel like she is gone that much. But the longer she isn't around the more you relise that she is really gone. 😳
Hope this helps!
Wondering1 (4 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-15)
Thanks sharing your experience.
Maybe the reason that only you and your mother saw your great grandmother is because you are both sensitives, and you have the 'extra' power of believing in ghosts.
I'm not an expert on these things, by any means. I know that I am sensitive to such things and I've seen and felt things that the rest of my family haven't.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-15)
Xiao,

Her spirit may have been appearing to you prior to 'crossing over' completely into the 'spirit realm'.

Different cultures believe different things when it comes to a spirit (soul) crossing over from the physical realm to the spirit realm... Is there a tradition on either side of the family that mentions a 'time period' before a spirit completely transitions after death?

Thank you for sharing this experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: