You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadow Figure In My Grandmother's Old Home

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Figure In My Grandmother's Old Home

 

I was recently reminded of this story while reading other posts about similar happenings.

My grandmother moved into her parents' home when my grandfather passed away and after my mother's previous home burned. My mother then moved into my grandmother's home right next door.

My grandparents had this home built when they first got married but the house went from them to my great grandparents and stayed with them until my grandmother moved back in.

The way the house was setup:

You walked into the front door into the living room and off to the left was the hallway to the bedrooms. On the left was a bedroom, a long stretch and then another bedroom. On the right side was a bathroom and a long stretch to the final bedroom with an En suite. The two bedrooms at the end of the hall were right across from each other so you could see someone walk to the bathroom. The kitchen was straight from the living room and a den was at the far right side of the house. With a patio off the kitchen.

One night my boyfriend and I were staying with my grandmother and since I have insomnia I couldn't sleep. I see a figure walk to the bathroom and just assumed it was my grandmother. After sitting there a few minutes I realize I haven't seen her come out. I didn't hear a fall so I was perplexed and concerned so I get up to see if she's OK as she does have a history of falling and that bathroom was floor to ceiling tile. When I walk in I see she's still fast asleep and shows no signs of having gotten up. So I gently wake her and ask how long she was in the restroom. She tells me she hasn't been up at all and to not wake her again. Now I'm confused even more because I know I saw this figure walk into that bathroom. I didn't share this with my boyfriend because he doesn't believe and thinks it's myth I guess.

My best guess is it was dark and that's why I couldn't see detail but I want to assume it was one of my great grandparents. I'd hate to know it was a true shadow figure. There's a family living there now that we know quite well and their demeaner has shifted a bit. They were super nice but now they're easily agitated and seem to want nothing to do with us. I don't want to be nosey and ask if they've experienced any activity but I am curious though.

Other hauntings by rolltide8925

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rolltide8925, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-02-26)
Sometimes evil entities mimic "spirits" and its hard to determine whether it's a spirit of a deceased person or a malevolent entity, the new owners change in demeanor is a possible indicator that such thing has happened to them, if you can try and talk to them and find out if they experienced anything so they can take the necessary steps to help themselves.
rolltide8925 (5 stories) (16 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-01-27)
[at] Kristie I may never know. I live an hour away from that house now and haven't seen it in 5 years now. I talk to the daughter here and there but I don't know if I should bring it up and possibly cause her grief. She's already dealing with a lot.
KristieW (1 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-27)
I personally believe that the ghost you saw walk into the bathroom was one of your great grandparents, however, there could also be some negative entity in the home as well which would explain the shift in the mood of the new tenants.

As an experienced Wiccan, I recommend that the new tenants sage their home. Maybe once you feel comfortable having that conversation with them you could suggest it.

Kristie
Https://thebestlovespells.com
rolltide8925 (5 stories) (16 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-26)
It may have been my great grandmother as she used that bathroom the most before she passed.

I only saw it walk in that bathroom and not back out. So I honestly don't know what it was.

I do have a bad issue with being in between sleep a lot. Meaning I'm asleep but I'm fully aware of what is going on around me. So I may have dreamed it but I'm fully not sure on that one. It's also the only time I had ever seen anything in that house. I'll never know now that the house has switched hands.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-26)
Hi rolltide,

In regard to the figure you saw walk into the bathroom; if you can rule out the possibility of insomnia (or sleep deprivation) causing any type of hallucinations, then you're left to wonder 'what was I seeing?'. Do you think it's residual energy left over from a family member who once lived in the house? Or do you feel that it could've been someone closely attached to your grandmother, maybe keeping an eye on things? Did you get any certain feeling when you saw this figure? If you feel that it could be a family member, would you feel comfortable asking him/her a few questions, such as inquiring about who they are, or why they have been visiting? I suppose the best course of action is trust your gut instinct with this situation; it is your family's home and you don't want to ruffle any feathers for the living or otherwise...

Regarding the other family who have moved in, I don't see any harm in being genuinely friendly and asking them how they are doing? But I would let them bring up the subject of any unusual activity, because it may make things more awkward than need be if you were to say something randomly.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: