You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Great Aunts' House And Other Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Great Aunts' House And Other Ghosts

 

I grew up visiting great aunts whose brother died in the house. His room would stay ice cold no matter how hot the rest of the house was, and they kept this house sweltering hot all year round! This is the house where cabinet doors that were stuck came swinging open at me. That was my 1st encounter with other the supernatural and it scared the living $@@$ out of me! I was 13 or so at the time and I'm now 43 so I've learned a lot since then.

When my grandmother died she visited me and I literally walked her to Heaven's gates. My dad up until he died never believed me. My mom on the other hand did. She saw the same things I did in my great aunts' house. They were her aunts.

When I had open heart surgery 3 1/2 years ago (after my dad died) I heard his voice tell me everything was going to be ok. I was wide awake. People have tried to tell me I was asleep and dreaming. No. I wasn't. I was awake as I am right now.

I have had someone sit on the side of my bed several times since then. The house I live in now has had 3 people, that I know of, die in it. One was like a grandmother to me and one was my godfather. It is either when awake or it wakes me up and you can literally see an indentation where someone has sat down. My dog and cat also look into corners for minutes on end, when nothing is there. Animals can sense spirits before we can. My dog has barked at things not there.

My godmother who lives in the other half of the house, I live in, and I heard just a couple of days ago what sounded like my husband call my name 3 or 4 times. H is gravely ill so I went running to make sure he was ok. He had been asleep and did not call me. Less than a week before that I felt someone playing with my hair then gently tug on it several times as I was as trying to go to sleep. Again I asked my husband what he was doing. He had his back to me sawing logs! Again, he was asleep.

I have been to Old Salem outside of Senatobia, MS several time. I have a friend who will never go back there with me due to what we felt and saw. The 1st time I went by myself and thought maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me since I had heard the stories of it being haunted.

Then I took my mom (now remember all of my trips were in the 90s before everyone had cell phones lol!) and yes, my mom knows I went and has had many haunted experiences growing up. If anyone is a believer it's HER. She also saw shadow figures and ghosts walking around the graveyard.

When I took two friends one being the guy who won't go back we all 3 felt cold spots on a hot humid southern night, again saw a shadow figure and he was in the back seat and his sister was in the front seat and I was driving. His sister and I at the same time felt hands start at the top of our heads and go down our necks to our shoulders (my left her right) to which we both accused her brother in the back seat which he could not have reached both of us at the same time sitting directly behind me. I had an old boat of a car not a small one where he could have reached both of us.

I have been back a couple of more times but not recently. The old church which became a Satanic worshippers spot has since been torn down but it is still at hot bed of paranormal activity. Anyone want to go back with me? And this time armed with cell phones and cameras.

I am awaiting my next visit!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, joanne1002, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
lady-glow - Perhaps RSAChick didn't mean the comment in the way it came across.

Best we just move on. We can't like everything that's said about us ๐Ÿ˜Š

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Melda - thanks for being such an honest and caring person.๐Ÿ˜˜

I wonder what made RSAChick to comment in such... Out of character way.๐Ÿค”
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-02)
EDIT: Y'all, did some research. Salem Cemetery is, like, thirty-two minutes from where I live ๐Ÿ˜† I am definitely going to go there, quite possibly this weekend or next... And when I go, I'll see if I can get some photographs or recordings. Maybe I'll have a story to tell ๐Ÿ˜Š
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-02)
I can understand people's confusion, but to me it sounds like this is simply a personal post of a very public area that another member of YGS has visited before. In fact, after reading this I will also be trying to go there in the future:*
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2018-11-02)
RSAChick - forgot to mention in my response to you that the criticism of lady-glow was uncalled for.

I always read your comments and they're always worth reading. I'm not being patronising by saying that. Perhaps you don't realise it but what you wrote is hugely insulting to LG. If she accepts that, it's fine with me. Thought I'd just mention it.

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-02)
RSAChick - I agree with you. There was no confusion in my mind at all but it appeared to me from the comments that there was a bit of confusion in the minds of other posters. I simply added my opinion, in an attempt to diffuse any misunderstandings.

Regards, Melda
RSAChick (115 posts)
-1
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
I am not sure how confusion was caused?

Twilight thought she had seen this before.

I pointed out she was right and linked to the story and comment.

Lady-glow did not read or understand properly (which has, with all due respect, happened before ๐Ÿ™ˆ) and made assumptions.

And Amor only commented that she noticed another story was recently posted twice - only to realise the same author has switched accounts, and actually commented on her own story as such.

So no 'trolls' in these 2 cases ๐Ÿ˜…

Halloween is now behind us. Let the preparations for Christmas begin! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
RSAChick, thank you for sharing that information with me, I just knew I remembered reading that part before. I didn't mean to come off that I thought the OP was taking others stories, and trying to pass them off as their own. I just assumed they just wrote about that specific experience twice or something. I've saw others in the past on here, reshare certain experiences on another story they shared, because they weren't shore if their first one was being published or not. I hope this OP doesn't think that they're being claimed for something, as I notice they haven't said anything yet. I was just making sure I wasn't going crazy, and that I had read that before lol. I really hope the OP will write back soon, so everything can be straightened out, and there's no confusion on anything said.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
I too have started in to writing a comment only to realize that I had enough there for its own submission and back tracked. I think that's what happened *here* at least.

This Old Salem sounds like a fascinating place. I have heard of Salem, Massachusetts but never a Salem in Mississippi. Is it said to be haunted because it shares a name with a place so tragic or does it have a frightful history all its own?

If I lived anywhere near by, I would absolutely be game for a visit!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
Val - I think that perhaps the OP should have mentioned that after reading the previous OP's story, she wanted to contribute her own experience.

However the failure to mention that has caused a little bit of confusion.

Regards, Melda
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
joanne1002 DID post this before as a comment on another story. Quite often we encourage such things to be submitted as their own submission, so they can be commented on without taking away from the thread where they originally commented.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
joanne1002 and those who commented: I get the impression that joanne is posting her own experience at the Salem Cemetery and was possibly encouraged to do so after reading GhostBustersMississipppi's publication. It doesn't seem to be a copycat version to me. Perhaps I'm missing something.
Joanne perhaps you could just clarify any doubts.

Regards, Melda
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
Apparently a case of resubmission has recently happened with the same author who wrote it. I think they may have forgotten their submission before, maybe. I think it's up to the moderator how to weigh things in such case.:)

Cheers,

Amor
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-31)
ATTENTION ALL - this is just my opinion, I wonder if someone is resubmitting old stories trying to make them pass as their own. ๐Ÿค”

Sadly, something like this has been done before. Stay alert, this could be the work of a troll using Halloween as an excuse to trick us. ๐Ÿ˜ 
RSAChick (115 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-10-31)
The author, joanne1002, posted a comment on this old story about Salem cemetery 3 days ago:
Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=16165.

So, no, Twilight1011, you are not losing your mind! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2018-10-31)
I have to ask this, because after reading the last experience of yours on here, about the Salem cemetery, I swear I remember reading that already, on another submission on here the other day. Did you send in that experience on another account? I see your account here says this is your first and only story, and after reading about your cemetery experience, I feel crazy that I swear I just read that the other day. Just wanting to know if I'm losing my mind lol, or if you did send that experience in on a different account? Aside me feeling crazy though lol, I did enjoy reading your experience, and hope to read more soon if you have anymore that you would like to share here ๐Ÿ˜Š

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: