You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Presence In The Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Presence In The Room

 

My particular experience took place 3 years ago in my dorm room at Urbana University in Urbana, Ohio. I have never shared this story as it still horrifies me and I have feared "it" would come back. Allow me to set the stage for said event: I (20 years old) had just returned to my dorm room, a humble setting consisting of a small couch, television, and 2 twin sized beds. Twas a long drive from my home town (around 1 and 1/2 hours) back to school. It was common practice for me to return home on the weekends to see friends, family, etc. And then drive back Sunday night. I believe this particular evening took place in March, and being common of Ohio weather, it was rather cold and rainy. I remember the time was around 9:30PM when I finally walked in the door. I did not have a roommate at the time and had the entire room to myself.

After making 2 consecutive trips to my car, I'd finally finished shuttling my clothes, guitars, etc. Into the dorm. I had a plastic shopping bag full of foodstuffs, which I put into the fridge and then proceeded to crumple the plastic bag up, and stuff it between the couch cushion. I mention this because the bag was the first conformation that a presence was in the room (later). I readied for bed and watched the usual late night adult swim cartoons. I have terrible insomnia, and bedtime is a stressful time for me as it takes such a long time for me to drift off. I am not, and was not on any medication at this point in time. I realize I have class early and shut off the television to try and force myself to sleep.

I toss and turn and soon begin to think, as I always do, about trite details of the day and such. The heater turns on and the noise helps take my mind off of things. Suddenly, I hear the plastic bag I had stuffed (firmly) into the couch cushion making a lot of noise. I had initially credited this to the heat vents blowing air but started to panic when I also realize I had left my coat and clothes on top of the couch. I knew then that something was awry. I am laying on my left side, my TV is on a stand to my right and is off. I feel vibrations in the floor moving up the bed posts, and I hear, very clearly, footsteps. Not just footsteps, but hulking footsteps. I begin to become scared wait silently. The presence has now reached the edge of my bed and is standing beside me, mind you my back is toward it.

I lay for what must have been around 45 seconds with the presence right beside me and suddenly I feel a grip on my side, as if something physically grabbed me. Mind you, I am not a small guy, around 6' 1" and 245 lbs. Whatever grabbed me had hands long enough to reach from my navel to the small of my back. It grasped firmly and shook. At this point I turned over as fast as I could, the force released me and I grabbed for the remote to turn on the television and let some light into the room. At this moment I lost consciousness. Remember, I am a severe insomniac, not to mention my heart was racing for my "near death" (that's what it felt like) experience.

Scary, huh? I thought so as well, so let us transition to the next portion of the story. In my sleep I had a, somewhat, "lucid" dream. I say "lucid" because while I was aware of my dream state, I could do nothing but observe, in first person, the strange happenings. Seven times I counted having this dream, all in the course of one sleep session. I simply was walking through a forest when I came to a clearing, much like a cul-de-sac, and in the middle was a black ram tied to a small post. When I would approach the ram it would stand up on its hind legs, like a man, and look me directly in the eye. No words were exchanged, no significant sounds, just a silent stare. Needless to say, I awoke the next morning scared beyond belief and ran from my room.

I got the feeling whatever was in my room was an evil presence, and also male. This occurrence was the last time anything like this happened, until recently. I have noticed shadows following me in my yard, shadows moving in my house and standing beside my bed. None of them have touched me as of yet. This story chills my bones to think about now, as an adult. Hopefully whatever has been creeping around lately will leave me alone, but I cannot deny the uneasy feeling of evil has returned.

I would be open to any explanation/help concerning my current issue. Thanks for reading, dear friends.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, godhatesfigs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
The goat has satanic overtones, but I wouldn't give that too much energy really... Pre dating that particular Christian hijacking the goat was s symbol of Pan... Symbolising wild lust and hedonism. Its interesting that that it stood up. Its disturbing that it all felt so malevolent in nature.
godhatesfigs (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-31)
Urbana University is quite known for spirits and ghosts around the campus. In fact, I think Ghost Hunters visited the campus a few years ago. However, most sightings are just seeing things in windows and things from afar. No one, to my knowledge has experienced anything remotely close to my experience. The campus is very, very old. But my particular dorm was a structure erected only a few years ago.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
I would try to find out more about your dorm and see if anyone else is experiencing what you are.
bernz786 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
A dream featuring these aggressive creatures is telling you that it's high time to stop allowing yourself to be dominated by others; be independent even if it means making mistakes; at least they'll be your own. 😉
JennaK (6 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
Shamwow that gave me goosebumps reading that! Would be interesting to find out what is/was around you.
God bless
❤
Afraidnolonger (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
Wow! Really creepy! And the dream sounds like some sort of clue as to what this thing was/is but I have no idea why it would randomly come and bother you... Thanks for sharing and I hope whatever is around now doesn't escalate into anything as intense.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: