You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Tiny Flat, Big Presence

Real Ghost Stories

Tiny Flat, Big Presence

 

I live in a small flat in Cape Town, not an old flat, I believe it used to be a garage. I have been experiencing strange occurrences my whole life, but now that I have moved out of my parent's house it seems to have increased. It could be because I am able to just be myself, I have always been sensitive to these things so maybe a lack of distractions has made the occurrences happen more frequently.

It started with strange sounds and finding objects in different places than before and the feeling of being watched, you know, the usual. It wasn't until recently that I started to feel a little scared and I'm sure it's because my fiancé and I have been going through a difficult time together and there has been an increase in negative energy.

About a month ago I woke up from a noise that sounds like stuff being dragged across a table, got up and checked but saw nothing. Often what we do when we've had a tough week we pull the bed into our tiny lounge and watch tv and play games until we fall asleep, we will do this for the whole weekend. The first night I was struggling to fall asleep, I was sick and had a general feeling of unease. At around 3am I heard very fast knocking on the front door. It being 3 am and us living in a security complex I figured it was just a spirit trying to tell me something. For once I was wrong because about 10 seconds later I woke up from a friend calling us from our back yard (just about had a heart attack). While my fiancé went outside to reprimand our friend I suddenly went stiff and heard something in my right ear say quite angrily "GET OUT" and then all went calm. I figured I was just sleep deprived and heard something else that could have sounded similar.

The next morning, I woke up and did the usual breakfast and quick clean up. At around 2pm my fiancé points to the wall and asks" What's that?". There was a red drip on the wall, straight down. Our wall has a bit of a texture so for anything to drip down in a perfectly straight line is really unusual, never mind the fact that it is in the middle of the wall above eye level and red and only one, not a sign of any other red marks anywhere. I wipe it off the wall and continue with my day. The next day we wake up to another red drip mark in the kitchen this time, same red as the day before just a different wall. Again, no sign of red anywhere else. These marks were in places where we would definitely have seen them during our normal daily routines.

Two days later I found my hamster dead in her cage, she was old but had gone from super energetic to barely emerging from her nest in the space of one day. I knew this day would come but when I found her she had her eyes open and her front paws pressed together.

I was a little freaked out about the drip marks but shook it off, no physical harm done so I did not feel threatened. The week starts again so the bed goes back into the room and the week continues. I think it was a Wednesday night, we were watching tv and we heard what sounded like hammering coming from the ceiling. We have nobody above us or next door to us or even next door to that flat, the hammering continues for about 15 minutes. We decided it was time to go to bed so I get my bed ready, go pee and head back to the lounge to get my glass of water. My water was on a table that is against the back wall of the lounge also where my hamster cage used to be. As I approach the table a huge bang comes from the wall that shakes the paintings hanging against it. I couldn't move any closer, I left the water and just went straight to bed. Didn't sleep well that night.

Since then activity has stopped. The odd feeling of being watched here and there but nothing else. I have developed insomnia since then though. It's difficult to distinguish if our negative energy was making things worse or if something bought negative energy into the house. It was like a cloud was hanging in our flat which since then has been lifted.

Other hauntings by KatsWhiskers

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KatsWhiskers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KatsWhiskers (3 stories) (7 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-29)
Update on my haunted flat:

One day the activity stopped. BAM! Done. I then came across and article that wrote about Cubic Zirconia being "known" for opening a person up to the spiritual world. Then it hit me. My engagement ring was Cubic Zirconia and the hauntings started around the time that I started wearing the ring, and ended around the time I stopped wearing it. Of course, this could be a coincidence but it would be a very strange coincidence.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Hi KatsWhiskers,

Sorry to hear about your hamster.

I really like what Rook said about exchanging the energy with a cleansing. Good idea all that!

I don't know if your banging activity is ghosts or animals in the wall. So I can't comment on that. But I wanted to let you know that the red drip on the wall, I've no idea what it is, but I used to visit a house that had these drips in a couple of rooms. I don't know what causes it, probably moisture build up in the old drafty dwelling. But anyway these drips were just like you described, in the middle of the wall, seemingly without any reason, just 'there'. Freaky stuff to find if you're already stressed about banging! But I don't think it was connected, or paranormal. Don't know what they are, but I know them well. I hope this takes the edge off a bit.

Thanks for sharing.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
I have had a similar experience in my childhood (when I was 7 years old) where I have physically felt it.

There were these guys cutting down a tree and the tree was supposed to topple in one direction. I was standing in the opposite side to where the tree was supposed to topple. At the last moment something went wrong and the tree toppled towards me. I was frozen to the spot and instinctively closed my eyes and crouched. It was then, I could feel someone put his/her arms around me and I heard this loud crash. When I opened my eyes I was crouching in between the branches.

And I felt the presence around me evaporate of sorts.

I got scolded a lot for going near the tree cutting works.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
I like to stress Journals when 'things' start happening around some ones home... They can help to narrow down how/why/when a haunting started.

So here is a question... At the time the feeling of being watched started... And the other 'events' had something 'new' been brought into the house, and did that certain something 'go away' just before the sounds, and other 'event's stopped?

Another question would be this...

What was the weather like when you were experiencing the 'red drips' in the house? Was it humid?

Your Hamster, sorry for your loss, but if he was indeed as 'old' as you said then it was most likely natural causes that caught up with him.

If you feel the need to 'exchange' the energy in the air of your home please feel free to use the Cleansing and Shielding as suggested. Its posted on my profile. Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
MAS814 (6 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-06-25)
[at] spookie1 you are right bro... Rookdygin can help:)
He is very experienced and always ready to help
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-24)
Hi Katswhiskers

Nice to see someone else from South Africa here finally after all these years haha.

Now your story

About your hamster. In my opinion it could have been killed by anything, going from energetic to completely isolated in a day, could mean that it might have been bitten by a venomous spider, couldn't it?

But it could also be related to the presence, and probably is mort likely. I'm just trying to put the logical explanations out there.

This specific entity seems pretty scary to me. Like, it bashed the wall causing the paintings to shake? It sounds very dangerous to me.

I would suggest moving, if that's possible, otherwise you could cleanse your house by hiring a professional. Or you might as well just do it yourselves.

One of the members here on yourghoststories.com has a cleansing you could use. His username is rookdygin, but the people here know him as rook.
I myself have used it, and can personally vouch for its effectiveness.

Wish I could've done more to help.

All the Best
Spookie1

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: