You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mommy

Real Ghost Stories

Mommy

 

There was a period in 1995 where a little girl lived in my house. I was laying in bed one morning relaxing before getting up and I heard a small girl's voice next to me say, "Mommy." It was so sweet sounding though that I wasn't afraid. About a month later, my husband of the time was fishing around in the library looking for a pack of cigarettes he had hidden when he heard a little girl ask him, "What are you doing?" Startled, he looked up thinking it was perhaps me but no one was there. This freaked him out and he promptly ran out of the house.

I don't know who this little girl was, why she called me mommy, or where she went shortly after these few incidents. I think sometimes only the ghost knows why or how they are there.

Other hauntings by AnneV

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

AdolfHitler (1 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
❤ we should delete the ghost words from human mind than we will see the real human ghost who are living around us who are doing criminal activity.
ashar123 (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-04-01)
Very touching story. I think the girl lost her parents and was still searching for them and thought you of being her mom. 🤔
thecurious125 (5 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
My guess would be she is just curious and looks to you as a motherly figure. Maybe she lost hers before her own demise and is still searching? Best of luck to you in figuring it out!
JustSomeGirl (1 stories) (9 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-08-29)
I think the little girl lost her mom and misses her terribly. Maybe you look like her mom. Either way, I don't think she meant any harm. I think she is just lost. And it's true. Only the ghosts themselves know why they are in a place. It's sad how little kids die so early and can't rest in peace. 😐
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
If you ever had an abortion/miscarrage then this could be your little girl! If not mabye the girl had lost her 'mommy' and died while wanting her due to being lost or something then came back to her house to look for her when she died but most likely her 'mommy' was gone or dead so when she saw you you may have just been there and she recognized you as a responsable female that is most likely motherly. As many others have said look into the history of the house and look into you and your husbands history. Mabye a deseased sibling or relative. There are quite a lot of posibilities so dig deep! Thanks for sharing!
CatherynLynx (6 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-17)
I think that maybe this little girl had lost her mom when she was young and that she died because of her sadness or something like that and maybe you look like her mommy so that 's why.
CountryGirl400 (17 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
Like many of people have said, you should check the history of the house if you want to find out who this girl is. Maybe her mother wasn't good to her before she died and she's just looking for a motherly person to call Mommy.
Tabbie (3 stories) (11 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-22)
Maybe it means your going to be a mommy? Or that you have a motherly aspect to you? Everyone needs their "mommy" at some point-you were there at the right time.
BellaPhantom12199 (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
was the little girl in in fear when she said mommy and was she sad or scared when your husband heard her? Thx
GandalftheElf (2 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
Did you have an abortion/miscarrige at anytime? This could be why she called you mommy.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
The thought of the spirit of a child lost and lonely in the here after is very sad. The thing is, I don't believe the Lord would allow that to happen. He specifically spoke of children in the most enduring way in the bible. I'm certain he would take them to a better place upon death. I do believe that fallen spirits, the unholy ones would use this and other deceitfull ways to confuse us about spiritual matters though.
Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
Maybe she needs help to get to the other side? Maybe you look like her mommy? Ask her if she needs help to go to the light.

❤ Selinda ❤
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
I love this one! That was a nice story I'm sure that it might have been scarry but at the same time nice to hear someone call mommy.
Did you ever hear anything else since then?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
Nice story!

My assumption is that you had a "drifting spirit" passing by calling for her mommy.

Since she stayed around for a bit longer than just one visit she must have achieved some sort of connection with you probably because you could hear and sense her.

I wonder if she has finally found the one she was looking for, if she has crossed or whether she has found a new family to "adopt" her!
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
Child spirits make me sad... No child should be left here on earth...God's children deserve to live eternaly in the Kingdom of heaven...
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-04-29)
Whitebuffalo, great theory. Anne this one of the best most believable stories I have read so far. Thanks for sharing.

Velvet
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
Hi AnneV. I wonder if the little girl used to live in that house or died on that land, did you ever check the history of your house or land? You said it was only two times that you heard her? It seems like it is possible that this ghostly child might have just been passing through since you only heard her twice. Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
For what it's worth, here is my theory. This poor innocent little one has died. Evidently so have her parents. I'm only assuming that. It would appear that she does not know either of these things. She went looking for her Mommy and found you. She kept looking and came upon a man who may very well have looked as if he were ransacking your home, if he were DESPIRATE for that cig. She was just curious, most kids are, and asked because she just wanted to know. There is nothing to fear from her. Well, maybe the ex, cause he couldn't find what HE was looking for. 😆 Thanks for the story.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
It may have been that she wanted someone to realize she was there.

Blessed Be Ye
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Yes in the same situation I am I have seen 2 ghosts and heard the 3rd. There only kids and teenagers. The 3rd one was a little girl. I am glad I read your story because I am in the same situation and it was only a week ago I heard her voice. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
maybe she was able to move on to their other side. That is what it sounds like to me. Poor little thing, I hope she fiund her way any how. She will have others to watch out for her and be with her in heaven.
paggark (4 stories) (25 posts)
+3
17 years ago (2007-08-07)
I don't know if this is going to be true or not but my guess is that this child is going to become your new baby, that is if you and your husband are planning to have a family. It's funny how your husband reacted though 😊 Have a good day AnneV
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-02-21)
I must say, I think it is kind of funny that your husband got so scared. You really should check out the movie "the others" though. It can really make you think.
mira acosta (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-01-31)
Sometimes after life is like a mirror.If you happened to check nicole kidman "The Others"youll know what I meant.
melissa (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2006-12-27)
Wow,good story but I believe this girl is very lonely and wants you as a mommy,little kids are like that,but she needs to go to heaven and be with our good Lord Jesus.
bianca (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-12-13)
Mabye her mom died in your house and she doesn't know ware to go. you should try to talk to her and tell her to go to hevan with the rest of her family.
Autumn (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-11-29)
If she is still present, perhaps this child is lost, and doesn't have anyone who can help her to the summer realm ("heaven"). I feel the need to express that it might be better for her to get help from people who knows how to communicate with spirits and help them to the other side, as there, she could possibly be reborn, and experience life in this realm fully, or, stay in the summer realm, and grow as a spiritual being. But if she is happy here, perhaps it is best to let her be. She didn't sound directly unhappy. But there is a real possibility that, at this point, she has found help/a way to the other side.
Nikki (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-11-17)
when my daughter was little. she went over her grandma house. and the grandma called and asked me who is carlos. I said I dont no she said tina told her that her friend cant find her parents. and he was lost and need help. so when tina got home I asked her she said this latino boy kept asking her to help find his parents and that he died in a car crash. I no it was true it all made sense when occassionaly she will sing numbers and spanish and she was only four at the time. so I believe children they dont lie they are innocent at that age so I never heard this from her again. and one day I asked is carlos still talks to her. she said no he told me he found his parents.
ratterrier68 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-11-05)
I think the little girl is lost and confused?...she dosen't know where here mom went? and she thinks your her mom?
marlen sanchez (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-11-04)
just tell the little girl that she has past away and fallow the white light and tell her to go look for her mom and to rest in peace or you can light a white candle... good luck!!!!!!!!!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: