You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Too Many Years Now

Real Ghost Stories

Too Many Years Now

 

I'm not sure entirely where to start. I'm not even entirely sure I want to spill my guts either. I guess I'm afraid that finally voicing this will make me even more susceptible. I have had so many experiences, I'm only going to write a few in this for now. Here it goes I guess...

The first time I ever experienced a paranormal phenomenon, I was about 4 years old. I remember it like it had just happened yesterday though. It was terrifying. I was sitting up in a bed at my grandma's house (a room that as I grew up I learned was home to a large amount of paranormal activity). I had just been tucked in bed and was laying there when I saw a shadow at the end of my bed. I remember feeling incredibly scared and nervous. I just sat there staring at it when it began moving and talking to me. I remember absolutely clearly the shadow figure asking me how I wanted to die and then it started laughing. I screamed at the top of my lungs and as my grandma and mother came running up the stairs, it looked like the page of a book turning and the figure was gone.

It had been a couple years since the shadow figure. I hadn't noticed any activity since. I was probably about 8 at this point. One night I was laying in bed and I could hear heavy metal music faintly. I remember complaining to my parents that I could not sleep because of their music. They told me all of the televisions were off and they were sleeping. There was no music. They sent me back to bed but I kept hearing it. My parents went outside to see if it was coming from a neighbour's house but the street was silent. I ended up falling asleep despite the music. The night following this one, I was in bed once more. This time I was asleep. I had an angel and demon dream. More of a nightmare really. In my dream I was going over to the angel when the demon grabbed my arm hard and bit me. I remember the demon's face perfectly. It had bulging eyes and sharp teeth about 2 inches long. It bit my arm and I woke up screaming. There were long scratch marks on my arm when I woke up. I was screaming so badly, I remember my mother putting holy water on me. My grandmother put a Bible under my bed open to psalm 91. Following this, it was years before I ever had another experience.

Fast forward to the age of 13. My mother started collecting antiques around this time. Until today, I never knew a spirit could attach to items. I had noticed myself becoming dark. Unhappy. This was happening to both my parents as well. Increased fighting, bad moods... The entire feel of the household was stress and anger. For some reason, my brother was the only one not affected.

My mother and I were out for a drive in the car when all of the locks started locking and unlocking uncontrollably, over and over. While this was happening the interior light was going on and off. The interior light was going brighter than we had ever seen it. Brighter than the capability of the light bulb. The music also cranked up really loud suddenly. We pulled over and jumped out of the car. Petrified. After a few minutes it stopped and we hesitantly got back in.

A few nights later I was looking out the front door and saw someone standing on the front porch. When I went to check it out, there was no one there.

When I was 17, I had my first child. There were so many times as a baby he would sit there and look around, searching for something. He would all of a sudden get very excited, wave, and giggle. This would go on forever. One thing is wrong with this, it was only him and I in the room. When he got old enough to talk, he came out of his room talking about Grandma Rose and how she says hi. Grandma Rose was my great grandmother who passed when I was 8. We never spoke of her to him. My mother does have her wedding dress on display in the house though.

One night, I got up to get a drink of water. I looked over toward my parent's bedroom door and screamed as I saw someone standing outside of their bedroom. My mother told me about 5 minutes after she heard me scream, she saw someone standing in her room.

Many things have happened since then. From hearing voices as clear as day and being paralyzed, to sudden pain, sudden scents, extreme feelings of being uneasy. I have a 1 year old daughter now and she just started doing the same search and wave thing my son did.

Any thoughts? I am tired of living my life in fear and constantly feeling uneasy.

Other hauntings by Katiekhaos

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katiekhaos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-26)
Katie in my experience any unwanted attention will feed off fear. I know it sounds impossible but try not to fear it. Maybe identify key moments in the day when you feel at your worse and prepare for them by taking your mind off it. Watch TV, play music, read a book, do anything that will take your mind off the fear.

Obviously cleansing is a very good idea. I'm not religious either, it doesn't have to be faith based to work. But a faith based ritual will work fine even if you're not religious. Go with what ever feels right to you.

I want to echo what Valkricry raised about your children's behaviour. I too would take that as a good sign.
Given what happened with that shadow figure at such a young age no one could blame you for being hyper vigilant about any supernatural carry on.
But look on the bright side, that was years ago. It seems like your great grandma is providing some kind of protection in your home. I'd take comfort in that too.

On the topic of antiques and old stuff in general. Sure energies and spirits can attach to them. But that does not mean the end of the world. I grew up with antiques, I still live with them, my house is a shrine to old stuff so to speak. I get tapped on the shoulder and the odd poke here and there. I don't care. I cleanse and protect my living space, it would be foolish not to. But beyond this I don't mind the odd 'howdy doody' from the odd cheeky ghost, within reason.
The point I'm trying to make is that maybe the ghostly comings and goings in your life right now aren't as ill willed as you think. That doesn't make them little saints either. But it doesn't sound, to me at least, like they're anything like the horrendous being that scared you when you were young.

Attitude is a very powerful protection tool, try to relax and do cleanse regularly. It really does make a huge difference.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-25)
Well, Katie, from what you've told us, I really don't think it's demonic. I mean what has it actually done, that is evil? Your fear is a completely normal reaction to something you A) don't expect and B) don't understand. It's upsetting. But notice how your kids are reacting to it - Grandma Rose says hi, all smiles and giggles. It doesn't jive with how you reacted as a kid at all, does it?
Acknowledging something isn't the same as inviting it to stay. You might say something like, "Ok, I know you're here, but please don't touch me anymore."
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-25)
Valkricry, you don't think it's dangerous to acknowledge? I've been purposely trying not to. Lol. I don't want it to take acknowledgement as invitation.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-25)
The shoulder poking sounds to me like something trying to get your attention. Next time it happens you might just acknowledge you know its there.
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-25)
UPDATE:
They have been poking us hard in the shoulder. I have been telling myself that I have to be having a weird muscle spasm or something and was not jumping to the conclusion of paranormal activity.

My brother's girlfriend is currently here and we just got talking. I decided to share with her the things I've been feeling around here. Her face went white and she told me she has felt it too. She said she feels someone walking past her all the time and always feels uneasy.

I decided to tell her that for the last month, maybe a little longer, I have felt a hard poke on my shoulder. Like someone taking their index finger and poking hard. She told me she has felt the exact same thing numerous times here. And for about the same duration of time.

I definitely don't like that things are getting physical.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Katiehaos - I agree with the others who mentioned the car malfunctioning. It happens. But I have a different theory. There are many stories where people would have been in a serious accident if they had left when the first meant to. I wonder if maybe the Powers That Be were using the car to delay you and your mom for some reason 😕 Anyway, just a thought 😊
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Buthaya - my dad does not believe in supernatural. He is definitely always angry. He is one of the most miserable people I know. I don't think he eats the same thing every day. I don't pay that close attention to his diet though.
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Darkangel73 - thank you for your comment. I am not happy that this happened to you as well. It was the single most terrifying experience in my life, and one I'll never forget. I am however happy to hear that I am not alone. When the entity spoke to you was it angry or evil?
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Rookdgyn - It is possible. I've never had a psychosomatic symptom before from anything else but it can't be entirely ruled out. It was the only time I ever had a dream like that though.

As for the mood in my home, I wasn't the only person who noticed a shift of energy in the house. Other family members who do not live with us noticed everyone in my family aside from my brother change.

The car, it was a one time thing. Never happened again. We had it looked at and no repairs were needed. There was nothing wrong. Good friends of the family bought the car from us a year after the experience and they have never had it happen.

I will take a look at your cleansing and shielding method. Thank you so much!
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Katiekhaos- I don't feel alone, I seen a shadow person when I was 15 this entity spoke to me as well. That was the most scariest thing that I have ever experienced. You may have to do search out someone who are sensitive as well to find out how to keep these spirits at bay.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
Lets start with your Angel Demon dream. If it was real enough to you then there is the chance that your own mind caused the scraches to form... Its called psycosymatic symtoms (sp)...this is when your mind causes your body to manifest marks that it 'beleives' have happened to it... But this was not a one off occurence was it?

The mood in your home, the way you felt... Part of that 'dark mood' I am pretty sure was growing pains... But given the fact you were 13 and your Mother was collecting antiques and the energy your body was generating while going through puberty may have caused a spirit attached to an object your Mother had purchased to manifest.

The lights, locks and radio issues with the car... Were they a one off experience or did all or some of them happen again? I ask because when the altlernator on the car begins to go bad it can cause things like you describe to happen... Was the car in for repairs soon (within say 60 days of the experience?)

Please feel free to use the Cleansing and Shielding Method on my profile... It is non-denominational so you do not have to believe any particular religon to use it.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
a creepy story. I think your child may have seen ghosts. I tell you this because I grew up like that. I remember when I was a kid, I met all kind of people. Some I like to see and some I don't. Only I can see them. I remember few times when I wake up, my bed was surrounded by people, standing there and watching me. I was too young to care about it back then. I had few troubles making friends at school. Because some have noticed I was talking to myself or someone invisible or staring at thing only I can see. That is why I tell you this could happen to your child.

Some spirits can attach to items. Also a reason I don't keep any old items at my house. If you have any religious items, have them blessed by a priest. If not they don't mean much. Keep your house clean all the time. And please do a cleansing.

About your father, did he believe I supernatural or not? Is he always angry? If he is, does he eat same type of food every day (also not very tasty)?
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
Elnoraemily - I have answered most of the questions in the below comments. Including about the cleansing. I am actually non religious. My grandmother is very religious and was the one who put the Bible beneath my bed.
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
Notjustme - thank you so much. I will look into the person saved on your page. I will definitely keep you posted. Again, thank you. Xx
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
Lady-glow - my mom would have been 38 around here. She just started going through menopause in her 50s.

I was still living at my mother's place when Grandma Rose came about.

Sensitivity seems to run on my mother's side

I am non religious so I haven't seeked help as far as faith.
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
Valkricry - it's very confusing to me as well. I'll never understand why that would happen. I thing the scariest part is the fact that it was demonic. It would have to be because of the nature.
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
Ifihadyoux - to answer some of your questions, I am 100% sure I was awake. There was no doubt in my mind. I remember it like it happened yesterday.

As far as the music goes, my parent went outside to check and it was silent out there. I kept hearing the music so I know it wasn't a car driving by. And for the dream, it is possible I scratched myself but my mom used to keep my nails very short and the scratches were quite noticeable.

For the front porch, I did check. No one was there. I live in the middle of nowhere. It was late at night. We also don't have mailmen or random visitors.

My great grandmother being here is one of the only things that I don't have an actual problem with. Just is sort of eerie.

I was living here when I had my son as well. I've never done a cleanse. It's not my house. The subject tends to anger my dad though my mom and I both have problems.

The car was in fact inspected. No problems found.

Thank you for your input so far!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
I am going to echo ifihadyoux and lady-glow. Ifi's questions were mostly what mine would have been.

Have you never tried any sort of cleansing? You mentioned the Bible, so I am guessing you are religious. Have you never got a blessing?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
oh man this sounds terrible. I'm sorry you have to go though all this. There is a cleansing method on here by Rook, I think he is saved on my profile. You should check it out. I really wish I could help you more but I have zero experience in any of the stuff you had. Just from reading stories on here, it sounds like your soul has been wanted for some time. I can only suggest you stay strong and hopefully though cleansing you can get rid of it. But most importantly be brave. Keep us posted. ❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
ifi,
I understand that, and I think it's a creepy thing to say to anyone, regardless of age. But to say it to someone whose little more than a toddler? Just makes me feel sick... It boggles my mind. But then, sickos are everywhere, even the hereafter, I guess... 😢
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
I agree with ifihadyoux observations and have some questions of my own:

"... To the age of 13. My mother started collecting antiques..." "...Increased fighting, bad moods..."
How old was your mother around that time? From my own experience I can say that whenever a menopausal woman and a girl hitting puberty are together there'll be a high incidence of troubles due to the hormonal changes they both are going through. 😐

Were you still living at your mother's place when you had your first baby or did he see Grandma Rose in a different house?

Do you know if sensitivity runs in either side of your family?

Have you looked for any kind of help according to your faith?
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
I thought so too valk but you never know someone's upbringing unfortunately.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
I'm stumbling on something asking you how you want to die at the age of four. Most four year olds don't have a grasp of death, not really. What a cold, creepy thing to say to a kid.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
I also meant to add that the car could have been an electrical error but forgot to mention it. Did you get it inspected?
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
Wow that is just a lot. I have a few probably clauses that may bring comfort.

First when you were really little, we you dreaming then or did you actually see it? And were you 100% sure if you were awake, that you were? Children have very active imaginations and even though that is scary, it happens. Same as the boogie man, etc.

When you were 8, you said you could hear it faintly, maybe it was coming from a car or a house a few blocks away? Not knowing the house I can't honestly say that with certainty but it's an option. And for the dream, I had something similar happen to me and it scared me, but you could have scratched yourself in your sleep?

Yes energy can be attached to items, such as annabelle, and if an item has so much negative energy, that could explain moods.

The front porch; did you check to see if anyone was around, even a mail man?

If your great grandmother is there I would take comfort in that because she's there for a reason.

Have you tried doing a cleansing for you and your family and the house itself?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: