You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: He's A Believer Now

Real Ghost Stories

He's A Believer Now

 

This is something that cemented my belief in the supernatural. Bare with me because this might be a bit long but I guess it's worth it.

It was around the second week of August 2017, only a couple weeks before my birthday and since my partner wasn't going to be in the country on my actual birthday, we decided to celebrate prematurely and take a little trip. We finalized on Jodhpur, since neither of us has really been there but the culture and heritage intrigued us and honestly, all we wanted was to kick back and just spend some quality time with each other.

We booked a room in this absolutely beautiful palace turned hotel for two nights and three days. Now to give you a little background, my partner doesn't believe in the paranormal. He takes things at face value. And demons and spirits are nothing more than fictional beings to him. He hates watching horror movies and doesn't like it when I talk about anything even remotely related to the supernatural. Me on the other hand am a complete believer and I've had certain experiences here and there, and my little guardian angel that lives with me back home. (Read my previous story for more about that)

Anyway, we arrive at this palace and it was honestly one of the most beautiful properties I've ever laid eyes on. It was this stunning three storeyed palace with rooms running along the length of 4 hallways (square shaped) and in the middle was a courtyard with this hauntingly beautiful fountain. Being an architecture buff, I was completely blown away with this palace and while my boyfriend was getting us checked in at the reception, I wandered by myself, exploring the ground floor, roaming along the fountain and the huge carved arched doorways and mosaic tile art hanging behind the reception desk. This place was beautiful.

A Bellboy leads us to our room and we take a shower and settle in bed for a night of watching some tv and getting some rest, as we were too tired from the flight and the long drive from the airport, to go exploring. About a couple hours in, my boyfriend has passed out and I just couldn't sleep so I made the decision to go down and maybe walk around the property and check it out. Maybe get some history. In hindsight, I should've just stayed in the damn room and gone to bed.

He's A Believer Now

Anyway, I get out of my room around 9:15pm and head straight down to the reception, now keep in mind this wasn't peak season so understandably the hotel wasn't bustling with activity. Only a couple of rooms were booked I guess and so I couldn't find anyone at the reception, I decided to go out and check out the garden area and smoke a cigarette, the watchman asked me to stay inside the premises of the property as the palace was an isolated construction and there wasn't anything around a 5km radius. I went out to the garden area that overlooked the palace and sat myself down on this bench and lit a cigarette and fidgeting with my phone when through the corner of my eye I catch this silhouette run past me. I turned to look...nothing. I figured it was just my imagination going wild but boy was I wrong. A couple minutes later I saw this dark silhouette standing in front of me. It was about 6-7 meters away and quite noticeably masculine shaped. About 5'8"-5'9".

I, being the grade A, scaredy cat that I am, decided to make a run for it. I actually thought I could outrun the damn shadow thing you guys. I made a dash for the reception and thankfully found staff standing behind the desk, I looked behind me to see if the thing had followed me inside the palace but I couldn't see anything. I was panting and confused and terrified. I ran straight up to my room and woke my partner up and narrated the whole thing to him. He looked me dead in the eyes and asked me to stop messing around with him. He didn't believe me. I tried to subdue any thoughts I had about this shadow thing and tried to force myself to sleep.

Around 2:30am I woke up to my boyfriend violently shaking me. He seemed terrified and told me he saw a shadow figure in our room when he got up to use the bathroom. He turned around to wake me up and when he looked back at it, it was gone. He was visibly disturbed and we somehow managed to stay up the entire night, thank you Netflix. We packed up our bags first thing in the morning and got the hell out of that hotel that morning.

I'm not sure who I saw. I'm not sure who my partner saw. I'm not even sure we both saw the same thing, but what I'm sure of is, now he's a believer and I need to stay the hell in my damn room and not go wandering around unknown places in the middle of the night.

Other hauntings by WontTellYouMyName

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WontTellYouMyName, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Martin (602 posts) mod
 
5 years ago (2018-12-01)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published 📷
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-19)
OK so I'm from jodhpur and although you did not mention the name I can guess its Ummed palace? Do lemme know if I'm wrong. I've never heard any paranormal cases of that palace though. I've been to there too couple of years back.
WontTellYouMyName (3 stories) (9 posts)
+5
6 years ago (2018-02-12)
Melda - Thank you. In hindsight, I do wish I'd stayed another day and inquired about the things we saw, but my partner didn't want anything to do with it. And I didn't want to upset him by pressing the subject.

And as far as believing goes, he believes in it. Just refuses to talk about it which is fine. As long as he's not dismissive of it. I'm trying to get him to go back to that same palace this year for my birthday. Let's see if I can get any more about the shadow figure this time around. Xx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-11)
ajonverge - I'm doing well thanks and I trust you are too.

I would love to visit one of those palaces, they sound beautiful and intriguing. If my bank balance would allow, I'd give it very serious consideration but our Rand currency isn't exactly hitting the heights at the moment.

Last Saturday's match was very exciting, wasn't it? Isn't it amazing how often a few tail enders will come in and really step things up? I don't much go with coincidence and fate. I think that very often it's inspiration. So, in which case we'll see which team becomes inspired next 😆

WontTell - Forgive the off topic subject on cricket - Ajay and I soometimes exchange opinions as the Indian team is touring South Africa at the moment.

Regards, Melda
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-11)
Melda how are you? Also if you ever get a chance please visit any of these palaces turned hotels in Jodhpur/ Rajasthan State in India. I'm sure about you finding a thing or two here. Anyway ABD is back and we lost the match. Coincidence or fate. Noone can tell...
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-02-10)
WontTell - What a pity you left! I gather that you didn't recount your experience to the hotel staff.

Had you stayed, you could have discovered quite a lot about the history of the place and paranormal events which are known to take place there. I know that often employees at hotels are told not to "share" with the guests but the chances are you just might have run into somebody with a loose tongue.

For many years my husband didn't either believe in the supernatural. After being married to me for so many years he eventually, only recently by the way, had to admit that there must be something to it.

In fact early one morning he told me in a very small, very soft voice that something had tickled his feet during the night. He saId: "Do you think it was your ghost?" I put on my most gentle, caring face and told him not to worry, it was probably just the cat. He knew it wasn't the cat. At the time we did in fact have an active resident ghost 😆

Regards, Melda
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-10)
Interesting and well written story. The palace sounds beautiful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: