You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Replica Hospital Room

Real Ghost Stories

Replica Hospital Room

 

In 2010, I went to the Philippines for college and took up nursing at a University. Our major nursing classes were usually held on the 5th floor, because that was where the nursing laboratories were located. It was a huge room; the classroom took one half of the room and the other half (which was separated by a center divider that stood from the ceiling to the floor) was a replica hospital room, with beds on the right side, and a small room known as the operating room.

On the classroom side, the armchairs faced the replica hospital. The chairs were setup set up similar to a movie theater, where each row of chairs went higher on a wide stairs platform. I always preferred to sit in front because of my eyesight. The center divider was usually kept closed, and the instructors would tell students that they close the dividers to prevent us from getting "distracted" by the replica hospital. As freshmen at the time, we had no idea what the instructors meant.

During one of our lectures, the center divider was left halfway open, revealing the operating room side of the replica hospital. Unfortunately, I was sitting in front across the operating room. Halfway through the lecture my eyes got tired, so I took my glasses off and zoned out. I caught myself staring at the operating room door, which had a small glass window. I watched as light reflected on and off of it. At that time, I was thinking that the light was coming from car headlights outside -but wait- we were on the fifth floor. Realization hit so I put my glasses back on and took a good look at the door. The reason why light was reflecting on and off of it was because it was swinging back and forth, at a consistent speed as if someone was playing with it.

I considered that it might have been the wind, but there were no windows leading to the outside in the replica hospital. I watched as the door swung continuously. The person beside me noticed me staring at something and gasped when she saw what I was seeing. The instructor paused and asked us what we were looking at. We told her that the operating door was moving on its own, so with her laser pointer (used during discussion) she turned around and pointed the red light at the door. The moment the laser hit the door, the swinging stopped. The whole room went quiet, and the instructor closed the center divider without a word or comment on what just happened.

There was another time when I saw a person in white walking at the far end of the replica hospital. Since clinical instructors and students all wore white uniform, I just assumed that it was our clinical instructors so I ignored it. After about 20 minutes, I started to wonder why the instructor wasn't coming in to begin the lecture. At that moment, the instructor came through the door apologizing for being late while trying to catch his breath.

These encounters aren't uncommon among the clinical instructors and students. I've heard a lot of scary stories about the nursing laboratory, but I never thought that we would get to experience something first-hand. In addition, a cadaver room is located on the fourth floor directly below the nursing laboratory.

Other hauntings by iambec

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iambec, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
I look forward to reading those stories!:^) My mom had a bathroom incident too when she was still in Engineering;; I guess the spirits have taken residence in the familiar buildings, is why.
iambec (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-24)
BaiAnina, wow! I would've never expected anyone to recognize the university lol. I was in question whether we had the same place in mind until you mentioned "main building", that definitely confirmed it haha. Anyway, the campus grounds may have defintely seen many sad and gruesome events. I definitely hated being at school around 6am when no one else was around (I went to school early for incentives), and having to make my way through the unlit stairs, or having classes after 6pm. 😨 The bathrooms were especially scary, I've had a few experiences but I'll save that another for another story.
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-24)
Hehe... I know that university, I graduated from there just a year ago.
The uni is quite abundant with these occurrences, especially the old buildings... But that doesn't mean the new ones are spared. The building I used to be on is one of the newest but more than a year ago, I've been hearing the stories... I guess it's also due to the fact that the campus had been witness to many deaths during WW2 and the main building, especially. I'm yet to know about harmful spirits so the one you encountered might have been resident spirits that are probably curious.

Thank you for sharing your story!
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
Thanks for getting back to me iambec, and thanks for answering my questions, and you are welcome I loved reading your story. 😁
iambec (9 stories) (30 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
Hey! Thanks for reading:)
[Sam222][Someonewashere]: Actually, there are 3 nursing laboratories (all on the same floor) besides the one I was at in my story, and there are always stories for every room. It's funny because most of the time instructors would tell us not to let them know if we see something behind them (they teach with their back to the replica hospital) So, yeah I guess they do know what to do whenever something odd happens.

As for the history, It's a Catholic University that is well-known for it's medical courses. Right next to the Campus is the University's Hospital (which happens to be the biggest, oldest, and well-known in that city). The nursing laboratory area is closest to the hospital next door. One thing to consider is that the cadaver bodies (stored in a room on the floor directly below us) used for dissection come directly from the University Hospital. Another consideration is the city itself. The city where my university is located used to be heavily populated with Spaniards. This was when Spain took over the Philippines around 1500's-1800's. Since the University Founder and her family are Spaniards themselves, I'm guessing that the campus grounds have seen many gruesome deaths during the time period before the University was founded. I've also heard that the University itself used to be a hospital sometime during the Spanish era. Instructors have also told us that there have been suicides that have taken place around the campus since the time it was founded.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
iambec, that guy must've know what to do, if he just pointed the laser pointer (I'm guessing that's what it was) at the door and it stop.
You should try looking up the history of the place.
Someonewashere (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Hey iambec, thankyou for sharing your story. I just wanted to ask if you know any history about that particular room, something that may have happened in the past perhaps.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: