You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In The Hospital

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Hospital

 

First of all I am new here and want to say hi to you all.

My story begins back in 2012, I was admitted into hospital due to some internal bleeding and because they had run out of beds in the section that I was supposed to be staying in, they moved me into the cancer ward. I knew this place all too well because the room I was in was four doors up from the room my grandfather had passed away in 4 years prior.

I was in this room and there was this old guy in the bed right next to me. Now I was talking to this guy throughout my 3 days in the hospital and he said he had cancer, emphasis on the word had, and said he was feeling much better and I told him well I hope it doesn't come back, he smiled at me when I said this. On the day of my check out, I said bye to him and he said "I don't want to see you in a place like this again".

I was at the nurses desk filling out forms and looked back to see that the guy was not sitting in his bed. I said to the nurse to tell the man thank you for the company he kept, she looked at me dumbfounded and said "the only people in the room with you were the middle aged lady and the young man (this room housed 4 beds) but no old man. I described the man to her and she said and I quote "oh that was Steve but it's impossible that you spoke with him, he died 4 months ago, so that's one of my many stories. So please tell me what you all think and if you had any similar experiences?

I would like to hear what you all have to say, more experiences coming soon.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Andy1985, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Prasad_R (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-11)
Hi, Andy1985
A truly mindboggling story! There are very few stories which we come across in this site (one of the best sites for paranormal, in my opinion) wherein a person actually speaks and interacts with the paranormal. Even in such cases, the interaction is for a few seconds at best. You are telling us that you spoke with the old man for 3 days! Truly out-of-this-world experience!

Great story/experience and thanks for sharing! Truly bewildering!
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-10)
I just have to say that was an awesome story. I do also wonder how many people we pass throughout the day that are actually spirits. Thanks for sharing your story and I hope to read more soon!
fence_sitter (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-08)
Hi Andy1985,

Very fascinating story that really caught my interest. I feel glad that this entity you talked to was a nice bedside companion that has been so supportive to your condition during your 3-day stay at the hospital. I just want to ask if you were under some sort of sedation or was subjected to some medication that would have triggered some hallucinations during a twilight state of consciousness? I also subscribe to the opinion of Rex-T that during your stay at the hospital ward, weren't you surprised or suspicious that your companion was not being attended or spoken to by the doctors or nurses or has not received any visitors at all? Nevertheless, if he was a residual spirit, I hope that he has finally accepted his fate and has moved on already to his next destination (and after being such a nice, compassionate companion to you at the ward, I hope his good karma produced some good results in the afterlife). Nice story, keep them coming. Just my two cents worth. Peace.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-07)
Hello Andy and welcome to YGS.

I find your story interesting. However, I was wondering. When the nurse said that - the only people in the room with you were the middle aged lady and the young man (this room housed 4 beds) but no old man - did those two saw you talking to the old man?
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-06)
I have to admit, when I first read about the older lady sharing a room with men, I was what?!? I had no idea that co-gendering in hospitals where space is tight is apparently widespread. The things I learn on here and with the help from Uncle Google!
I agree with Rex-T, that what you experienced is probably far more common then we think. With many totally unaware that their friend was actually a spirit.
I don't have a first hand experience to share with you, but something similar did happen with my Mom, a long time ago. At the time, it wasn't too unusual for ambulatory patients to take strolls in the hallways and sometimes visit with those who were confined to bed. Face it, hospital stays can be very boring, and it did break the monotony. There was a woman who took to visiting my mom. I never saw her, but Mom would tell me about the visits, when I'd come see her. Apparently, this Mrs. T wore a broach pinned to her robe. I found it on the floor of my Mom's room, where it must have fallen off somehow. Seeking to return it to Mrs. T, I went to the nurses' station to obtain her room number. There I learned that the same day my Mom was admitted, Mrs. T had passed.
Now it gets a bit stranger; apparently the staff had been watching for that broach as the family had asked after it (it was just costume, but sentiment I suppose). I'd been in that room nearly every day, it was cleaned by staff - so where did it come from?
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-05)
Gidday Andy and welcome to YGS.

Over the last two years, I've had two lengthy stays in Sydney hospitals, one being a six-week stint in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), followed up with two weeks in a four-bed ward.

Understandably, the patients in ICU were changing every day and the only conversations that I had was primarily with the nurses and doctors. That situation changed, once I was moved to "the wards". Now I had a chance to "get to know" the patients and, like you, had some enlightening conversations with those that wanted to talk.

So a question for you. If you had not talked to the nurse, would you have left the hospital "none the wiser"? I am fairly certain that your answer would be yes.

This is why I find your experience so interesting. It leaves me wondering how many people have been in your situation and not known that they were being comforted by a spirit.

The only thing that may have raised my suspicions would have been the fact that a room mate was not being visited by a doctor or that the nurses were not being attentive. This is (of course) balanced against the first priority on most patients' minds - Look after No.1.

You will find a fellow poster on this site called "msforgetmenott" has a brilliant and similar experience called "Interesting Visiting Nurse" which is worth a read. Link below.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=26271

Thanks for sharing and I'll look out for future posts.
Rex-T

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: