You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Sign Of Aging

Real Ghost Stories

A Sign Of Aging

 

It's been a year since I sent my third story in this site. To update you guys as well, my cousin's family already moved out of my aunt's house after the said ordeal. Good thing my niece is no longer seeing "Leslie" and she's able to speak now without stuttering. Anyways, let me share another story to all of you.

This time, it's my grandmother who is experiencing bizzare things in their house. However, she really get confused at times. My cousin even suggested that maybe grannie's just longing for affection and she's making up stories to catch attention because she's already aging (for the record, my grannie's only 77 years old). Though it gives us the creeps whenever she's saying some "unseen" visitors are poking her back sometimes or they're trying to converse with her. Well, here are some odd stuff that she mentions even during the wee hours of the morning.

My grandmother usually stays in the living room with my aunt and cousins. Sometimes, they would just notice that she's mumbling then would scold someone unseen. She often utters these words "Hoy, umalis ka nga diyan bata. 'Wag ka papasok sa bahay na to a h! (Hey there kid! Get out of this house. Don't you dare enter this place again okay?) ". Whenever they ask her who she is scolding she would respond and ask them "Ayan, yung bata. Di niyo ba nakikita, ang kulit niyan eh" (I am scolding that boy, can't you see him? He's simply playful.") They just usually shrug their shoulders off but the truth is, it gives them the goosebumps. Sometimes, my grannie would laugh without any reasons then would tell my aunt that some people enter their room trying to stay and talk to her.

The creepiest thing that my grannie did happened a couple of weeks ago. My aunt decided to sleep with her in the living room. According to her, she woke up being caressed by my grannie. When she asked my grandmother why she's doing it, she just stared at my aunt, smiled and told her, "Wala tinitingnan lang kita" then continued caressing her. After a minute, my grannie decided to go back to sleep.

Now, we try not to look doubtful or annoyed in front of our grandmother because it makes her feel bad. Whenever she tells us those things and some of us would have the doubtful look, she really gets mad or upset and would ask us if we think she's losing screws. To be honest, I believe her...It's because their former house that stood on that land was the oldest one on that neighborhood and some of those people who stayed in that house said that a child was usually seen playing around.

I hope that someone could shed some light. I am a bit confused. Thanks for reading my story. Until next time...

Other hauntings by batchiebones

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, batchiebones, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
[at] batchiebones, thanks for answering my message. I will continue to read your posts here, so feel free to submit your experiences! I'll check your account. God bless to you too. 😁
batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Thanks Mito Takatori, I feel glad that someone appreciates my stories and good thing they don't seem to be overrated, ahehehehe. Well, if you're free you could also check my fb account. It's batchiebones... God bless Mito...
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
Hi batchiebones! I have been reading your stories and can't help but be amazed and a bit scared at them. I like the way you tell them, since I fell the emotions in the story when I read them. Good thing is that we hail from the same great country. Please share more stories and thanks for the contribution!

On a personal note, I seem to want to be your friend, can I ask for your FB info? I mean so that I can add you, or you can add me. Here is my name at FB: Mito Takatori.

Thanks again and God bless.
batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
To Chell87,

Hello ^^. Yeah, I understand. Thank you for his pieve of information...
batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Oh, Sam, don't worry it's not a big deal for me. Hmm, I am still hoping that everything's going to be fine and my grandma would be in shape again...
chel_87 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Okay, I don't mean to scare you or anything. But the exact similar thing happened to my granny. (Not exactly my granny but my husband's) She was 88 at that time (2011). She kept saying that she sees someone. She sometimes told my mother in law "there is someone outside the door, waiting." And other times, she can be seen scolding someone near the stairs, asking them to go away. This freaked us all out. She passed away in a month or so (i'm really sorry, don't mean to scare you).

The same thing happened to her sister (80 plus as well). When she was nearing her deathbed, she kept saying there are two dark bald guys waiting outside the house to take her.

Some believe that when you're nearing your death, you can see this weird stuff and all. Especially old people
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
I really don't know, and not to offend your grandma or you for that matter; but you know, sometimes when people get old they start saying things, and doing things that arent normal or don't make sense at the time, and they make things up they think are real.
batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
To Rachness,

I apologize if I was not able to write the meaning of " tinitingnan lang kita"...It's a Filipino expression for " Nothing, I just want to look at you..."...^^
Rachness (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
I'm sorry but I missed the meaning for "Wala tinitingnan lang kita".
batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
To Softus,

I hope I am just overreacting towards this matter because I haven't seen my grannie like that even after she stopped running her business. Hmmmm, the whole family's choosing that option too. To seek professional help... Thank you for this advice Softus.
batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
To zzsgranny, thank you dear for sharing your thought about this. Yes, we also consider that it might be a sign of dementia as what my cousin said. Though, We can't really avoid the possibility that she's seeing things...I'll keep your advice in mind, honey.^^
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
batchiebones: Please don't take this the wrong way, as I'm not trying to cast doubt on your account. Unfortunately, the possibility of dementia isn't as far fetched as you may think. Although there are some who can retain their mental sharpness well into their late 80's and 90's, most do not. In fact Alzheimer's and other degenerative diseases can affect some as early as their late 50's and early 60's. I know this because my brother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's shortly after his 60th birthday, having shown signs for at least 3 years prior. Hallucinations aren't uncommon in those with Alzheimer's or Parkinson's.

Please do a little research and take your Grannie for a mental health check-up. If your family doesn't want to alarm her or cause her any strife, an examination can be done under the ruse of a general check-up. Hopefully, everything will be perfectly okay.
Softus (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
I don't know your grandmother personally but I doubt she's losing her marbles, since she's only 77.

It sounds like she's rather consistent with it, can I ask, have any of your family or yourself ever got strange feelings in the house, anything unexplained? I'm interested to know, it might add merit to what she's saying.

The fact that people have informed you about seeing a child playing around there, when I assume nobody is meant to be there definitely adds some merit to it. I admit I'm quite curious.

My Gran is 84 now and is still sharp as a tool. She doesn't believe in the paranormal but if she told me she saw somebody that wasn't there or started scolding someone I would also believe her.

I wouldn't be worried about it though. If something is there in that house, it doesn't sound threatening or worrisome. Perhaps she is making it up for as you said attention, but if she isn't then it doesn't seem dangerous. I personally wouldn't worry if you truly think it's something to do with the paranormal.

I look forward to your answer 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: