You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Camera

Real Ghost Stories

Camera

 

Hey guys! This is my first time uploading a story, so yeah don't judge if it sucks.

Canada, Ontario, Durham Region. This was during the summer of 2013, early June. I was chilling in the basement on my computer working on an assignment I got from school. I had to create a Draw My Life video which meant doing video editing stuff, so of course I was procrastinating a LOT. Instead of making the video, I was taking stupid photos of myself for about 30 minutes or so. Finally, I decided it was time to get to work so I got my whiteboard out and began to draw the first frame of my video. I wasn't too concentrated on my work so I was able to notice the camera focusing. I looked back up at the screen and fixed the Auto Focus option so it would stop, then began to continue my work.

But then again, my camera begins to focus and got blurry every 2 seconds. I looked back up at my screen, furious, then noticed it was focusing on something else... Something behind me, outside of the room near the stairs. Someone. I was frozen, I felt goosebumps all over my arms and neck but my eyes remained glued to the screen. I saw the figure of a tall man near the stairs staring right at me, slowly walking across the hall into the laundry room. There was no way it was my family, the stairs creak whenever someone steps on them. I was frightened to death, I wasn't able to scream nor cry, sure as hell couldn't move. If only I got a picture, or on video.

After about 5 minutes I ran and jumped onto the bed near me and hid under the covers. I wasn't brave enough to run up the stairs since the laundry room is the room directly to the left of the stairs. And that I saw that "thing" in that area. So for the next 45 minutes I lay there on the bed under the covers. Thank god, I heard my sister coming down the stairs so I got the chance and bolted up the stairs.

Well, I hope you enjoyed that. Funny thing I'm in the same basement on the same computer typing this up right now. Unfortunately, that is not the only scary thing I've experienced in this house. I'll be sharing many more things that have happened soon.

Comment and please explain to me what the hell is wrong with my house.

I'm scared, there is no doubt my house is haunted.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TWDSPNlife, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-30)
TWDSPNlife - Did this person/ thing that you saw look like anybody in particular? Did it have any distinct features that you can remember? I'm just trying to get a better picture. Thanks for sharing you story
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
TWD, Hi, welcome and WOW!

Imagine if you'd got THAT footage for your project, ha!

As Wish-Not says if you want to share more of your experiences this will likely shed some light.

Granted it makes sense ghosts visit places of significance to them. Heck, I would.
That said, I would be open to the possibility that it's not connected to the house. For no particular reason other than everyone always blames house history. But there are stacks of other possibilities too. Keep an open mind.

Question that springs to mind - what is in the laundry, a back door perhaps? If so he could have been leaving or passing through.

That's so cool the camera detected him!
Someonewashere (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
It sounds like whatever "it" was, is trying to get your attention either that or its extremely photogenic (bad joke).
If you could get some past history on the house that could definitely help.
ashar123 (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
I agree with Wish-Not, you should post more details. You should discover about the history of your house and many more things. Anyways thanks for sharing.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
TWDSPNlife- Welcome to YGS. With the information you shared with us in this story there really isn't anyway of knowing what is happening. What you saw could be residual or intelligent. If you would share more hopefully we can come up with some answers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: