You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Need Help About Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

Need Help About Shadow Man

 

I have been seeing this shadow person since I was little. I first started seeing him in my old house in Ohio. He is tall and all black with red eyes. He would watch me while I sleep. Some nights I would wake up and not be able to move and I would see him. I moved to Florida and I stopped seeing him, up until a week ago. I saw him in the corner of my room but figured it was just my imagination. That night I had an awful dream about this shadow man killing me. The dream took place in my old house though. I woke up and saw him standing at the foot of my bed. Not knowing what to do I started looking things up to try and come up with an explanation. Some said it was just a shadow person, others said demon. I am concerned as to what it could possibly be. He has thrown stuff at me before but it never really went past that. I have had a lot more mood swings and have had a lot more anxiety attacks as well. Last night my friend was staying over and being as I don't sleep much I was awake and I saw him again. 3 seconds later my friend jumped up out of her sleep and came after me. She has never done this before. Does anyone know what might be going on? I am very concerned with what might be happening. I heard from pagan friend of mine that because of my past and the instability of my family and childhood that this thing feds off my suffering. I have had a rough childhood. My mom has tried to give me up multiple times and she had kicked me out a lot as well. She has also tried to kill me. I am not exactly sure if my past might have triggered this thing or not but I do need help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alone1303, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Madness (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-10-07)
I know this post is 3 years ago but if you have seen a shadow person in a trench coat and a wide brimmed hat, he is called The Hat Man.

I know the hat man, he has been in my family for years watching over me since I was a baby, he I the person who guards the gate of the shadow realm and to also make sure you are using your gift correctly and for good not for evil.

If he notices you using your gifts for a evil purpose he will attack you, other wise he will just stand there, in a way he is like your teacher he will be there to watch over you for the rest of your life.

He will feed off you past so he knows what you have been through as to see how much of the power he should give you and allow you to see as much as you are allowed to see because of your past, if he thinks you are going to use the gift for good and to help him get rid of the evil entity's then he would have given you the power to see him and others at a young age.

As I know he is watching over me he is the only entity that I call upon when I notice something strange within the spirit realm. He has helped me ward off evil beings from time to time and in favor all I do is pour him a drink of what ever I'm drinking to always let him know I appreciate his help and the more he helps the more he gets to drink. (he does like whiskey and rum)
Vanessax1995 (19 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
Can you elaborate more on her coming after you? Like what exactly did she do and what happened after? What did you do and what did she say after the fact?

Much love and respect ❤
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-29)
Hi Alone1303

First of all, sounds like you have had a very rough upbringing. So my condolences to you.

To be honest, I was shocked when you wrote that your Mother had tried to kill you. I don't know about the law where you live but where I'm from, when someone tries to deliberately kill you, that's called attempted murder. That's incredibly disturbing! Perhaps you should be seriously distancing yourself from such a person?

I agree with Twelveam's viewpoint; that kind of environment sounds very negative and emotionally toxic so you may find a lower -level entity attracted to that, and / or your emotional state. It appears to be deliberately showing itself to you. This could be to simply frighten you, and attempt to control you emotionally.

I wouldn't want to alarm you by using over-emotive (and frankly unhelpful) phrases such as "demon straight from Hell", but I believe there are negative, unkind souls lingering around the Earth plane, due to the fact they were negative and unkind people when incarnated in matter. Nothing changes when evil people pass over - they are still evil.

My advice to you is to get your self into a positive and strong headspace (easier said than done, I know), know that you are surrounded by spirit guides attached to you who love you and care about you. Visualise yourself surrounded by pure white love and know that these low-level entities can't hurt you. They still simply enjoy creating suffering and fear in others.

I hope your situation improves. Stay positive, and be around positive energy.

Regards

Mack
FelonDen (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-27)
Hello:D
Just a head up I have Dyslexia so my words might be wrong ha.

I had this when I was a kid myself. Black Smoke with red eyes and played the flute. I would have really bad nightmares from this spirit.

Fast forward to now, I have been studding Shamanism now for 10 years and have only just meet this spirit again. Turns out he was the first spirit to chose to give me the gift. He shows himself as a Raven now but sometime he is back to the black smoke.

I have worked with other people who see something like yourself, it tends to be a winged spirit guide trying to reach out and open your eyes to the spirits around you.

As someone who works with spirits on a day bases I would say you have nothing to worry about. However if it is still a problem for you I would recommend burning sage and clensing the home and yourself. Maybe even do a Shamanic journey (Get help from a shaman with this.)
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2016-10-27)
I have read a lot about the shadow man, aka., the hat man, the slender man, the stick man which I think are all the same thing, After reading many articles and watching documentaries about this entity, I have come to the conclusion that this thing is straight from hell. One of the best documentaries I have seen on this is on Netflix called "The Nightmare". Most everyone in the documentary has had a life long battle with this shadow man and a friend of one young man in this documentary also saw it at the same time he did so I don't believe it's just a figment of one's imagination.

I think it's demonic and I think you need to rebuke this thing in the name of Jesus Christ and command it to leave you alone forever! And stand your ground!
twelveam (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-27)
Hello alone,

I am suspecting that the bad energy that is related to your family (particularly your mothers feelings and actions) is playing a vital role in why this shadow person is around. It is obviously attached to you since it follows you from one home to another. This bad or negative energy will produce poltergeists and/or shadow people around you and can cause havoc. You said it has thrown stuff at you before. I think your friend who came at you out of her sleep was affected by this negative energy, almost like temporarily being possessed. I would consider going to a spiritual healer to have that negative energy cleaned off of you and possibly have the house blessed and protected as well. If this negative energy continues to grow over time, it may become stronger and more violent. I hope everything gets much better for you. God bless you, and please keep us updated!
alone1303 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
I am from Norwalk. Its a really small town near Milan and Sandusky. Around Cedar Point
Mahoganyzak (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
what part of Ohio of were you from? I only ask because I have experienced the same thing in my old house before I moved to columbus.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: