You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Through The Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Through The Wall

 

Greetings everyone. I feel like I know most of you, having followed your experiences for the last 5 months or so. Here is one of mine that I'd like to share and get some feedback about.

This happened approx. 3 years ago. I was sound asleep, a very deep sleep. Something roused me out of my slumber. I didn't open my eyes but I could definitely feel this entity (what I think was a ghost) walking single file down my king-sized bed between me and my husband. This entity had come through the wall above the headboard. I'm assuming it came from the neighbors next door.

In my semi-awakened daze I yelled out sarcastically & telepathically, "Hey! I'm sleeping here!" As those words rolled out of my mouth, I regretted them and "knew" I had made a dreadful mistake. As the last imprint on the mattress began to fill back up, this entity turned back 'round. I could feel the bed sinking first at the left of my ankles, then the right, then close to my left knee, then my right one. It felt as though my visitor was straddling my body, knee, knee, fist, fist, all the way up to my face.

I know you're probably thinking mis-aligned OBE, but what really shook me up was the electrical coldness that advanced up body as it approached my head. I remember thinking that this could possibly be my mixed up mind coming out of an OBE, but in all my many, many astral travels I've never felt this icy-cold electrical stimulation. The reason the astral trip was so predominant in my mind was the paralysis that accompanied the entity's movements.

I never did open my eyes but as I envisioned it about 2 inches away roaring into my face, I did something which startled even me. I flicked my right wrist (which had been grasping the covers) and laughed, saying, "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah." It simply lifted and vanished. Gone, no more feelings of dread, no paralysis, no electrical sensations. Just POOF! What do you guys make of that?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Osa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
I just wanted to stop by and tell you thank you. I do believe you know why...
Autumn.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
Agreed. It's nice to hear someone can dismiss what usually causes others to panic. I know the explanation for the coldness being energy drawn from the living to be able to manifest by a spirit. I have felt cold breezes at times when there was no reason for them and while it never scared me it was something I noticed and wondered if it was a spirit. You have a lot more courage than I do. I don't think I could have been so cool and calm but then again these things don't happen to me so I have never had to learn to take it in stride. Never astral projected either but there was one time when I had the experience of separating from my body while in a relaxed state. It only lasted for a minute or so but it was very real and surreal at the same time. It made me realize our consciousness is not just our brain but something beyond the physical gray matter. Exactly what it is I don't know but I like calling it our essence our spirit or our direct connection to the ALL in all.
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Osa -
Thanks for the story. Wow! What a play at intimidation! You sure p***ed him off at first, but he backed down quickly when you kept your fear internal and didn't show it externally. KUDOS!

More people need to hear stories like this to know that you CAN show them no fear and tell them to go away and it works.

Blessed be!
ParaTam
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
The cold sensations do sound like energy withdrawals; coldness is associated with spirit presence.
The above experience may be a combination of both--bio/electromagnetic energy fields plus a drawing away of the body's energy.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
I concur with a lot of what I have read in the other comments. Lack of fear is the key. I am always telling them to go away, and they do. The coldness eminating from them and through you... This is simply- drawing your energy away from you. This is how they use us for their paranormal activity. Don't allow it. Being half asleep helps too!. I have no patience for nocturnal visits when I want to be sleeping...Blessings, Ghostseer
Curious (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
It's amazing how it's not just what you see that makes the experience, it's the cold paralysis that accompanies it. So it's like it was examining you? Spooky. I wonder what type of manifestation this could be. A ghost? Supernatural visitor? I've heard of astral travel, perhaps a dreaming visitor? I'm always searching for explanations and new theories about ghosts. If you have any answers, or ideas, visit my blog at:

Http://haveyoueverseenaghost.blogspot.com/
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hello and thank you for sharing your exprience! It sounds to me like you either overcame your own anxiety, which may have caused that tingly feeling throughout your body as you were not quite fully awake yet, OR... You could have shocked a spirit into going away because you weren't afraid of it. Either way, I congratulate you.:)

Warmest blessings,

DA
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hello Osa;

The electrical sensations you felt have been identified in literature on the subject as bioelectricity, a radiation of spirit energy often felt during close contact with a spirit.
Your not showing a real fear response may have contributed to the sudden withdrawal of this entity, as has been reported by some who've had similar unexpected contact.
Lack of fear or non- belief seems to turn some spirits away.
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Awesome story Osa and welcome to YGS! Of course, in order to appease the side of me that tries to debunk everything I have to offer a "rational" explaination. Being in the state which you described in this story, it is possible that this was a waking dream or hallucination because you were in such a deep sleep before this happened. Obviously, like a lot of dreams, they can seem very real and bring their consequences into the waking world. I myself am guilty at having a little anger at a friend for something that they did to me in a dream after I woke up and knowing it was a dream. It takes some time for something that seemed so real to pass. I am, however, a firm believer in the spiritual world. This may have been an entity passing through your wall. While your response "startled" you, the result does not surprise me. If you show no fear and no desire for contact, the entity is more likely to leave you alone. Now on the other hand, this could have gone the other way if this was a malicious spirit. This just seems like it could have been a traveler passing through that was caught off guard because you were sensitive enough to notice his or her presence. That however is simply my opinion and although I am sensitive and research the paranormal quite a bit, I am far from classifying myself as an expert on the topic.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: