You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Those Eyes Sent Fear Coursing Through My Veins

Real Ghost Stories

Those Eyes Sent Fear Coursing Through My Veins

 

This is my first story on this website, so sorry if it's bad. Also, I don't remember everything from that night. I only vividly remember the important things from that night. This happened when I was 5 or 6, and I am 14 now. This is about my brother and I. This is a true story by the way. I also apologize for any spelling and grammar errors.

It was a normal night. Me, being the scaredy cat I was at the time, waited in my bedroom with the door closed. My house always gave me the creeps, especially the hall, so I usually kept my door shut. I was waiting for my brother to come and tell me mom and dad were asleep so he could sneak me into his room like always. Eventually he came and off to his room we went. I slept on the floor between his bed and the door. I usually wanted the door closed, but it was summer and his room was small and warm, so we left the door open a crack. We talked for awhile then he decided he wanted to sleep. I don't remember if I fell asleep and then woke up or if I was awake the whole time, but when I rolled over to face out the door and into the hallway I saw these eyes. Eyes I've never even dreamed of. They were green and glowing. Those horrid eyes felt evil and I felt the fear coursing through my veins as I stared straight at them. It was like a staring contest. I was too paralyzed with fear, I couldn't look away. If I remember correctly the eyes were standing right in front of my bedroom door. I don't remember if I ever looked away or not, but I remember waking up my brother. He wouldn't get up and look out the door. He said he was tired and I should go to sleep. I don't remember if the door ever got closed, but I do remember hiding under my teddy bear blanket with my eyes shut tight. I just hid under the blanket in fear of seeing those glowing green eyes. That's how I fell asleep too: Under the blanket with my eyes tightly shut.

It's been years now and I haven't seen those terrifying eyes again, but as much as I want to forget about them, I can't. I remember the fear they gave me. I was so scared and I wasn't just scared for me. I was also scared for my brother. I do believe those eyes were evil. I believe they wanted to scare or hurt us, but they didn't and I am grateful for that.

Thank you for reading my story. I have more, but I'm not sure if people want to hear my encounters. Farewell.

Other hauntings by LonerGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LonerGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Maelstrom (23 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-19)
Hello lonergirl

Do not be afraid to post any of your stories. We all would like to read them.
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
LonerGirl, that is really scary. I wish I could shed some insight on it, but I am stumped! It's intriguing that your brother has had some experiences too, but doesn't want to talk about them. I hope he opens up to you and tells you one day.

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences.
LonerGirl (2 stories) (2 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
Thank you for reading my story. I am aware many of you have questions. I'll try my best to answer the. The eyes were around 6 feet or more off the ground. I do still live in this house currently and it's not a very old house it was built in 1963. My parents haven't experienced anything as far as I'm aware (and my dad is a non-believers). As for my brother he has experienced things before, but now he doesn't talk about it. I was also asked if my brother's door was across from mine, yes it is. Some asked what I mean by 'staring contest'. What I ment was I couldn't look away from the direct eye contact. It didn't look away either. It just stood there staring. I hope I answered most of the questions.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-28)
Hello LonerGirl,

I was thinking that the eyes seemed like they were either curious or just idle. They weren't there for you, whatever they were doing - which wasn't much.

They didn't move towards you and left without further interaction. I wouldn't remember them as evil. Maybe they left after they saw your reaction - hiding under your blanket.

I am very interested in where Biblio was trying to get at with his earlier comment to you. How far from the floor were the eyes? The details of your story seem to suggest that it was a small entity. When you say that you were in a "staring contest", do you mean that literally? We're you having eye contact with the eyes or were the eyes just staring ahead - neither one of you moving?

I am sorry that you haven't yet been able to brush off this incident. I wouldn't be worried about seeing them again though. Thank you for telling us your story.

- Maria
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-02-27)
Hi, welcome to YGS! I remember some pretty freaky things happening in my old house as well when I was around that age. I agree with those that hold that kids are simply more sensitive to the paranormal. I think as adults, many of the same entities are still around us but many of us can no longer see and perhaps even be effected by them any longer. There are plenty of theories as to why this is - personally, I think at least part of it is a learned disbelief but there's more to it than just that.

I wonder if it's something like the process of learning to dance - you know when you first start to learn, you are caught up with counting the steps, you are hyper conscious - then as the steps become rote, you pay less and less conscious attention to them. Perhaps being alive is like that too - as a child you are constantly learning your environment, hyper aware of all the little things as so much of it is new - you would be the first to notice if any sense detects something a bit off. As adults we've "seen it all" and perhaps it is our own degree of "world weariness" that blinds many of us to so much of the paranormal. Perhaps it's also an effect that can be sensed reciprocally on the other side.

Interestingly, experiences like these (odd one-off experiences in childhood) don't seem to follow much of a pattern - just a flash in the pan here and there strung together by an uneventful creepy feeling in certain parts of the house (hallways, closets, bathrooms, stairways, attics and basements being most common in my experience - maybe because they are typically sunlight poor and/or clammy or damp).
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
Hi Loner Girl,

It is indeed a scary experience, I'm an adult but I'll still be scared for days if I see anything like that.

I would also like to assume it in a positive way like silver, considering it a guardian. But there are certainly random explanations popping in my head right now.

Probably the spirit you saw was just passing by, it generally happens the spirit often pass through various human afflicted sites to reach their destination considering it hasn't caused you any harm.

Probably something is indeed in your house which resides there but doesn't mean any harm. These spirits never really consider medling with humans, they you see kind of just stay there the way humans do in their homes.

Still, no assurance though:)

Will love to hear more from you

Regards

silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
I would like to think that the most powerful guardian angels are those that watch over a sleeping child. My family had an old home where many would report the presence of glowing green eyes in the attic. We never were sure whether this was an animal or not because the eyes seemed to glow with a light of their own without much ambient light. This does (thankfully) sound like a one-time encounter.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-22)
Greetings, LonerGirl, and welcome.

I enjoyed reading your experience.

I'd like to know the answers to lady-glow's questions, too. However, I have one of my own to add. You were lying on the floor of your brother's room, but could see the eyes in front of your bedroom doorway; I presume your door was across the hall from your brother's bedroom door. What was the *height* of the eyes? Were they at the height of an adult looking downward, a child looking mostly straight ahead, or at the height of a cat or dog, looking directly across at you?

Your narrative is compelling, and the phenomenon scary, but I'm hesitant to speculate as to the cause without a little further information.

Best,
Biblio.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-02-21)
Hello LoneGirl and welcome to YGS.

That sure sounds like a terrifying thing to witness for a little kid that age!

I'm sure the members of the forum would like to know more about your experiences at that house since, in my opinion, it's hard to say what the eyes could have been or belonged to; also, providing more information would be useful in case you need help.

Do you still live in that house? Do you know if your parents and brother have experienced anything paranormal? What can you tell us about the history of the house?

I hope everything is going well for you.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: