You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Lady In White Gown

Real Ghost Stories

Lady In White Gown

 

This is actually my second time writing this story. I was almost at the end when my page went blank and it was all deleted so maybe it was meant for me to write it over.

I have been thinking a lot about my past lately since I have had some strange things occurring now. I will be honest this story does give me chills and I have tried for years to block it out of my head.

I had lived in a house until the age of nine with my mom, brother and sister. My step-dad lived with us to occasionally. I remember at night dreading bedtime. There would always be this lady standing in my bedroom doorway with her hands out. She was a young lady very beautiful. She had long red hair and she always had a white gown on. She also had a round crown on top of her head and it looked like little brown sticks were in it. I was very scared of her and I slept with my mom every night but she would never wake up. I would cry and yell at mom to wake up but she never would. Sometimes she would stand at the end of my bed. I remember sometimes running to my brother's room for comfort. He to would see the lady at times as would my sister.

One afternoon my three cousins were over. We were all in the living room when we heard my sister screaming. We all ran to her room and I swear we saw that lady walking towards my sister with her hands out. We all started screaming, my brother was telling her to leave, everything happened so fast then she was gone. My sister was crying a lot and shaking. My cousins left and they never stayed at our house again. My sister's boyfriend who was also there left as well. My sister had to meet him in other places after that happened. I remember my cousin's came over to visit some time after that but they never went in our home they would visit us on our front porch.

Years later my brother and I discussed what occurred. He said that he also used to see little boys faces, which I never did. I only saw the lady in the white gown. We also would hear a lot of noise at night coming from the kitchen and in the morning there would be dishes all over the floor stacked up. I remember it happened so often that we got used to it.

In our bathroom we had two doors with eye hooks on the inside, at times the doors would be locked and we would get scared so my brother would call the police. They came out several times and each time the window would be locked from inside plus the window was at least eight to nine feet high. The police was always puzzled because they didn't know how the door's were locking they were hooks. One time a policeman and policewoman came, they said that the house was strange and they felt it was haunted. We sure hated calling them all the time.

My mom started changing and things turned ugly for her so I was placed in foster care at the age nine. My brother and sister were quite older then me so they moved on their own. I remember always being scared in my foster homes. I was frightened all the time at night. I thought for sure I would see that lady again which I'm glad to say I never have since I moved out of that house. I was told by someone when I was little to never go back to that house and I never have. The house is located in Los Banos, Ca and it's near the main down town area. I remember my mom had a lot of old pictures out in our back porch. My brother always would say they were kind of creepy to him and we never knew who the people were in them. I don't know why that lady bothered us all the time and I don't understand why she had that crown on her head. My mom did get better years later and about eleven or twelve my brother moved her in with him. I was able to finally see and take care of her everyday. Those of you may know from my other stories that they both have passed on now. I do continue to think a lot about that old house lately I'm not sure why since I tried so hard to forget about it. I am curious to know why she would be wearing a crown.

If someone knows please share it with me thanks.

Other hauntings by csuegar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, csuegar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

big8news (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
I am back on this site for a brief time and I would like to say that in fact this story was absolutely true how ever due to I do not know the present tenants and due to privacy laws I will not give entire address of the home how ever I will share that it was on I Street across from the police station and it was a three bedroom one bath home. Sorry but that is the most info I can give.
Lavenders (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
IF you look at when his last story was posted, it was back in january of this year... It could just be he stopped visiting the website and just hasn't seen your post... Try not to take it so personally >_>...his last "post" was also in january...
bookworm09 (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Well after months of literally waiting for your response and nothing, I can only come to the conclusion that your story is totally fabricated! Not only has the reply to the simple request for information as to the location not been given but no more comments have been posted. Unless you have come to an undesireable demise or you have just plain made up the story. Unfortunately you lead me to believe that you are hesitant for some reason or just hesitant that your false information will be discovered. Unfortunately people like you make others relize that some people can be total jerks and make up false situations when in reality real situations happen to real and believing people. Shame on you and how pathetic on your part to drag a towns reputation through the mud!
bookworm09 (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Hi csuegar...I'm bookworm09 and I was just browsing the web for hauntings of Los Banos, CA thinking I wouldn't get anything, but to my surprise your story came up on this website. Obviously I clicked on the headline to read more and I was intrigied to learned that you lived in an old house near downtown. Well I too live in Los Banos and totally believe your story. However I'm contacting you to find out the address of that "house!" I'm a visual learner and I always have to put a face with and voice, otherwise it drives me absolutely crazy. So please, if you could contact me with that info, do so. Thanks... 😕
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
I would like to thank all of you for your comments all your advice really is appreciated. I will let all of you know if I some day ever learn the identity of the lady in the white gown. Thankyou and GodBless!
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
Voxmortuss, I think your theory may possibly be right. I completely forgot about the May Day Fair in LosBanos. Every year we had a parade and it always passed right in front of our home because we were located near the down town area. I think the reminder of the fair is very helpful. Thankyou and take care!
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
KimSouthO,Thankyou for your comments. I have thought a lot about what happened and I too feel that she was watching over all of us now. She did try to communicate but we were young and very scared at the time. Take Care!
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
DeviousAngel,Thankyou for your comments and I think you are right she may have just wanted someone to listen to her and I do think she wanted to help us. At the time I was very young and it was a very scary time for me and I wish I could of been able to communicate with her. Take Care!
Doom745 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
Call me crazy but if you couldn't wake you're mother up, the ghost might have actually been you're mother who's spirit has left her body. It's just a theory. 😊
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
While ghosts often have particular meaning, and messages, for individual people, I am leaning in this case for a more local and cultural reason for the appearance of the "crowned lady".

At first I was tempted to think that her crown was reminiscent of the Virgin De Guadalupe and the Crown of Stars. But since you said it looked more like sticks or wood, and she had red hair, it got me onto another tangent - that if her signifying a more European thing. Los Banos is well known for a May Day celebration, in the first week of May. As some people may already know, there are many older towns in the US that recognize this festival and it goes all the way back to pre-Christian times from Europe, when May Day (May 1) was a fertility rite, most significantly represented by a woman called The May Queen. Anyone who knows Led Zeppelin and their famous song "Stairway To Heaven" well knows the reference to The May Queen. She, in the form of a young maiden, signified the ripe young Earth, ready for seeding. She also often wore a rustic thatched crown, either a garland or woven sticks (reeds) that would appear very much like what you describe on your ghostly lady.

Now, since she was seen by many in the house, and in that one frightening incident with your cousins, by many at once, is it possible that she is not a "personal" entity, but perhaps someone who once lived on the locale? Someone who may have played the May Queen, and is either a residual haunting or someone trapped in the role that was the pinnacle of that person's life?

I'm just putting this out there. It's important to look at locale and history of a haunting to help piece together why it is taking place. Are you dealing with a long departed "May Queen", who either eternally reprises her role or uses her guise to tell people something of importance?
Samantha_Kyles (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Frightening... However, like the others, I'm not getting a negative vibe about the lady ghost. I doubt she was trying anything to harm you. I think she was only trying to look after you.

Maybe if you go back to that house, you can ask her yourself.

G'luck.
shinigami_soul65 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
maybe... There was a party at youre house when the ghost was still alive and she wore a white gown and a little tiara... And maybe that boy was her brother and an accident happened and they died in that house (I only said maybe) 😜
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
I agree with KimSouth - I don't get a negative vibe from your description of the crowned woman. I too feel that she was there to comfort you children due to the situation you all were in. Not all experiences and sightings are bad.

I am sorry to hear about your tumultuous upbringing - it sounds like you have rebounded and are doing well.

Peace and Love
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Hi csuegar,

I look forward to receiving your email. I hope it will not be to much for you to write down what your family went through.

Surya
3gohstlovers (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Her crown could mean a bunch of things. When she went tords your sister when she was crying she probally was a lonly ex wife princess that wanted a child.

Also the little boys faces could have been her child. Or something to do with her or the house is completly with gohst.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
I have not read the others comments and am a bit behind on the stories here, so if I am repetitive at all, I apologize.

This woman, although believe me I would have been absolutely terrified, did not appear to you to frighten you. The crown you mention had extreme significance as did the gown always being white. The fact also that you mention your brother seeing little boys faces, well, I don't know why but I come to the conclusion that this women came as a guardian for you children, perhaps a guardian Angel if you will. She was trying to look out after you because from what it sounds like, you where all going through a very difficult period in your life.

I feel this was the case very strongly, so strongly I can see the woman when I close my eyes. I also believe this to be true because she allowed herself to be witnessed by so many,

Thanks for taking the time to share what must have been a very difficult story,

God Bless!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Hello and thank you for sharing your story. It really does sound like that crown was symbolic... I just feel sad for that woman, and how she seemed to be reaching out for someone to listen to her. I don't think she was trying to hurt you at all. I think she just needed some help or a friend. I understand how it would scare you though, definitely. It would scare me too! Now that I think of it, perhaps that crown was her way of trying to communicate to you that she understood your suffering with family trouble?

Blessings,
DA
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Surya, I have been thinking a lot about it and now I do feel the crown was symbolic for some reason. Our family was going through a lot at that time and physically was one of them. I prefer not to write too much about it I just cant. If you like I can email you instead. Thankyou.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
I read yuour story with great interest. The crown that the lady wore was something I had to sit an think about, whilst the crown may be symbolic, there is also the material it was made of. Were you in situation that you needed to overcome. A past trauma or some physical suffering. You may be putting up your defenses. Could it be that the lady appeared to you to show you something you were not aware of?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
Oh, the Crown had thorns! Now that is totally different and in this case I will have to agree with Libertybelle.

It IS rather symbolic and like she also suggested you should try to do whatever you can to help this poor soul. It sounds very much like someone who was devastated by a great loss...
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
A really weird thing happened when I tried to post a comment on your story a little while ago. I went to preview it and it did a disappearing act. My computer does odd things, but this one was a first, leaving me to wonder if I hit a wrong key at some point.

Anyway, csuegar, what I wanted to comment on was the lady's crown, which you and your family agreed that it was no ordinary crown but a thorny one.

This, to me, suggests something perhaps less literal than symbolic--symbolic of great anguish, such as only a mother who had lost her child or children could fully appreciate. The little boy you mention, I suspect, has some connection with the red-haired lady.

I haven't run a chain of title on property for many years, and I'm not sure that I could do it online, but I'd be happy to help in the attempt any way I can. Go to my profile page for my e-mail address.

Peace be unto you!
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
ghostlover13,I never looked up the history because I was worried it would stir up trouble for me. I have always been worried that she would some how find me and I don't ever want to go through that again. I was very young when it occurred and although I am quite older it still freaks me out. I have to say that was a very bad experience my whole family went through. I still have the address of the home so if anyone would like it I will be happy to give it. Thankyou and take care.
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Rhodes,It wasen't a princess crown it wasen't pretty at all. My whole family saw it too. It looked more like a crown that Jesus wore when he was killed it had sticks or I mean thorns all around it. There was no flowers on it and It was the one of the detailed things that all of us would talk about when I was young that and her long hair. YOU may be right on how she manifested herself to us may be not she really looked like but she always looked the same to all of us and she always had the same white gown on. She apparently showed herself to my siblings at first then shortly after that is when I started seeing her too.I'm very glad she never followed me. Thankyou, for your advice I appreciate it.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Although the encounters with the woman never happened again after you left home, I'm more inclined to believe that it was poltergeist activity and in that case, the crown the lady wore might have been a little something YOU attached to her.

Unlike others who claim that this type of activity doesn't involve an actual ghost/spirit agent, I've come to believe that in many cases in does, depending on the severity of the emotional confusion or psychic powers of the human agent.

Being in such a turmoil due to "family matters" you must have functioned as a "beacon"-an energy field that spirits needed to manifest. What she appeared like was, in part, what you subconsciously created mentally.

Repressed memories can also help in the "creation" of these images or minor details such as the crown without you being aware that it IS a memory, no matter how distorted, that you attached to her manifested figure.

Maybe again her appearances were far too disturbing for you so you needed to attach a weird or funny "element" on her to make her more accessible. For instance, for me "crowns" remind me of children's parties, of fairy tales with princesses etc.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
That is very interesting. Maybe the lady lost her children long ago and she mistook you for her children? She could have just been lonley and wanted a friend. I am sure that she meant no harm, as she was not actually hurting you physically. (That was most likley not spelled correctly 😊)

As for the crown, I am not sure. Maybe she made it when she was younger and always wore it, or one of her children made it for her? Hmm... That is a mystery that I am afraid that it will be hard to find the answer to.

The face of the little boy that your sibling saw could have been the lady's son, friend, or any other kind of relative. Or they could not even connect together at all!

The dishes is also a strange thing. Maybe the lady did not like doing dishes? Or maybe someone threw a glass dish at her and that is how she died? Hmm... I guess that that is another mystery that will be hard to solve.

Have you ever tried to look into the history of that house? Maybe it will tell you some things about the lady or the boy and you can finally find the answer to all of your questions.

If you have any questions... Email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Take Care! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: