You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Night Before My Brother's Birthday

Real Ghost Stories

The Night Before My Brother's Birthday

 

My brother's birthday just passed-it was the 23rd of January and he passed on July2nd 2007. The night before his birthday sometime between 8:00-8:30 I was sitting at my computer going through my emails and my youngest daughter was sitting in the living room watching TV. My computer is in my dining room and next to it is my island counter and the sink is right on the other side of the counter. If you just turn your head to the right when sitting at my computer and you can see the kitchen.

While I was checking my emails I heard this bang noise and it was near the kitchen sink so I just ignored it and I was still checking emails then I heard it again and it was louder. That's when I yelled "what the heck was that" and I jumped up.

Then my daughter shouted to me and said "mom it sounded like someone was throwing up in the kitchen" but to me it sounded like something had slammed hard in my sink.

I walked up to the sink and there was one plastic cup and a couple of glass bowls and I started banging the cup to see if it was the same sound. I was really trying hard to find a reason for what happened.

After that I couldn't find a logical explanation and I was a little upset because it was so loud. Soon after that I was talking to my oldest daughter on the phone and I decided to go out to the garage so I can talk in private. While I was out there the garage got very bright and I told my daughter that all of a sudden the garage had more lights on so I checked and our spot light that you use to work on cars had turned on.

There are two switches just like light switches you have to switch on in the back of the light. I know when I walked out to the garage at first that light was not on- in fact it was very dim out there at first. I ended up just going back inside and I hung the phone up and that's when my baby girl told me "you know mom tomorrow is Uncle's birthday" and then I said to her back "you are right he wants to let us know that he still visits us and especially on holidays and special occasions".

Another strange thing occurred this afternoon while my two girls and I were outside. We were all three standing in my front driveway and out of nowhere there was a bubble which I know this must sound strange and trust me it's very awkward writing this but there was a clear round bubble floating in the middle of our driveway then it went straight for my house then I guess popped but we have no idea where it came from. There were no kids around playing with bubbles and it was the strangest thing ever, for it to just appear out of nowhere.

My oldest girl said "Darn mom! Every time I come over something happens" and she's like me trying to find a logical answer and we both tend to get frustrated when we can't find an explanation that makes sense.

I finally said "My youngest daughter's birthday is tomorrow the 27th so maybe it was Uncle again telling her Happy Birthday".

I have to say seeing that bubble float right passed us out of nowhere was something!

Other hauntings by csuegar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, csuegar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
I want to thank all of you for your comments. I truly believe it was my brother causing the strange things to happen. For the bubble that was something I will never forget and I know he wanted to wish my daughter happy birthday. I also feel my brother is at peace now.

Tonith you are right a bubble can only travel a few feet that's why I know it was him.

GodBless
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I agree that it's possible it may have been your brother. Given the timing, it's likely. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Blessings,
DA
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I'm with Tonith-I think your brother was visiting to remind you of his birthday and to wish your daughter Happy Birthday too!

I feel he's finally at peace as the events at home seem to have become more subtle now.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Quite a strange story. I personally do not believe in the whole orb thing, but seeing a bubble in daylight... One has to wonder what it could have been.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I don't know of a bubble traveling more than a few feet before bursting. It's highly possible your brother was sending a signal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: