You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Did I Really See It?

Real Ghost Stories

Did I Really See It?

 

I'm new to this site.

When I was 5-6 years old, I was always woke up earlier then everybody in my house. One morning well I was eating my cereal, (which I think was fruit loops but it could have been something else) I felt like I was being watched so of course I looked up and I saw a "thing".

I am only saying "thing" because I couldn't see any of "its" face because it was wearing this robe that covered up "its" entire body even the head. I wasn't really scared I was actually dumbfounded and like two weeks later well I was in the bathroom I saw it again this time I was scared so I ran out of the bathroom then a few weeks later I choked on a grape that I found in the bathroom but before I put it in my mouth I used it as a ball you know kicking it around because I knew it wasn't a real one and that it wasn't edible. When I got in the hallway I decided to eat the plastic grape I still to this day do not know why I decided to eat the stupid grape.

I want to ask if I really saw this "thing" or was it just in my imagination. I really want to know what you guys and girls have to think and please no random comments because I really putting myself out there so be nice! I am very thankful for all your comments a head of time!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostlover3000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrFox (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-07-26)
Years ago me and my girlfriend rented a house in Droylesden, manchester England, we lived there for about 3 years, some of the stuff that went on in that house was so insane it gives me the chills now many years later. Things started disappearing in the house only to turn up weeks later in the original spot where they went missing from so we knew something strange was going on. About two years into residing at the property I came out of the front room to go upstairs and at the top of the stairs is what I can only describe as a black figure, it has head legs arms everything but all completely black, the strange thing was the light in the hall was off but I could still see this really black figure. I thought it was a burglar and ran at it to punch it only to find my fist swinging through thin air, I switched the light on and nothing was there it proper freaked me out. A few weeks later after the dark figure incident other strange things started to happen. Someone had bought us an old radio the type that you have to turn the dial to get the sound up you can feel it click on as you turn the dial but it's a Manual action to get the thing to work, it turned on by itself full blast, when we checked it there wasn't even any batteries in it so double freaked out. The last straw came when me and my girl were settling down for the night in bed and I heard a loud angry voice day "get out", I actually though I was hearing things or someone was messing about so I didn't mention it to my partner until the following morning when I asked if she had heard anything strange the night before she said yes I heard " get out", we packed our shiat and left the following week, I never believed in any of this stuff until I saw it with my own eyes, now many years later I still remember the time in that house and all I can say is there is some stuff in this world that we will never be able to explain but if it looks like evil, sounds like evil smells like evil then it's probably evil.
Rhys (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
Grims death google "the grim reaper"
Thnk that's how you spell had no sleep again 😢
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
😲 😲 😲 grim? I don't think so? Why would a grim shown up? I haven't read a story about grim...

-aya**
Rhys (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
if it was grim (I laugh hes avrage hight or 3 cms taller) he saved you death waits for no man but a kid he will. A soul that's time has not come is no good... But yes you did see s/he 😁
Lifeless_joy (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-23)
I kept reading comment saying "Shadow people" "Shadow people". That did not occur to me. When I read your article it brought tears to my eyes and I felt a chill run down my back.
A tall figure wearing a black cloak, and you could not see it's face? Only one thing occurred to me.
Have you ever heard of the Grim Reaper?
The taker of souls. Then the choking on the grape. That was, in my views, the Grim Reaper, watching you. Knowing you would die, he was waiting.
You were supposed to die.
Gruntman agrees with me. It sounds like the Grim Reaper.
You cheated death 😁
butthead (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
before reading comments I could only think of shadow people. Although from what I have heard they tend to be fast moving and don't just stand there. I know the shadow people *shudders* that I saw on an investigation one time did just that, out the corner of my eye move at the speed of light.
ghostlover3000 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
um theghostseeker I don't think anyone in my family was trying to scare because no one was as tall as it
gruntman (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
You send that you say a figure in a robe, was the robe black and the figure all bones. What it sounds like what you say is "The Angel of Death" or the grim reaper. Either or sounds stupies but you never know. I hope you find what the fgure you say was.

-gruntman
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
Have you had any other paranormal experiences? If so were they in the house you lived in?

This is tough (for me at least) because you were 5 or 6. Then again some children are sensitive to spirits
Perd (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
My first suggestion is STOP questioning yourself! 😁 Don't try to explain it away, be proud that you were able to see one of the many "unknowns" in the paranormal world.

Everyone has theories as to what they could be, but make your own conclusion. Most suggest that they are a bad omen, perhaps it was there warning you of something, quite possibly the grape. But at 5 or 6 I don't think you could have put two and two together.

If you ever see it again I would take a good look around and think twice on things before doing them.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
Shadow people CAN be SEEN in all manner of lighting and lack of lighting. Take a look around the house and see how many shadows are there in the middle of the day, with all the overhead lights on. LOTS of shadows.
No one REALLY knows what they are all about, though there are numerous theories.

Http://images.google.com/images?q=shadow+people&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

Http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa022502a.htm

Http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=97317

I added a few links to check out. There are MANY more on the Web, and the Unsolved Mystery site is my personal favorite.
Gather information. The more you know, the less you fear.
The MORE you KNOW, the LESS you FEAR.
Thank you.
katie100 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
Wow! As little kids we have sixth sense! So this "Thing" you saw was probably a ghost
DneveRinaldo (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
Wow great story! I have a few story's to tell myself, we are all afraid of unknown ghost are one of them, that because we can't see them or maybe because we are afraid of death, listen my friend! There is nothing to be afraid of, it's the living we should be afraid of, not the dead I can live with dead, they are not here to hurt us. I'm not afraid of them at all, I love being around them thank you for sharing your story ❤
theghostseeker (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
the grape doesn't have any significance but do you know where it came from and the ghost you only saw twice did it look like it was in monk like robes or anything?
You say that it wasn't see through but might it be one of your family trying to scare you. Answer asap please 😁
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
If I'm reading right, you saw this both times in the daylight? I don't know how dense a shadow person would be in the light of day so that's why I'm asking. I know they can be darker than the darkness around them. As to why kids see this stuff? Who know? Maybe they are not jaded and therefore open to it. My friend still insists (and she's 55 years old now) that when she was 4 yrs.old, there was a little red devil on her bedroom window sill that was laughing at her. She said it was there for like 5 minutes or more. When she ran to get her mom of course it was not there anymore. Now she insists she was not sleeping at the time but I have always questioned this. I would with all things that happen while in repose. Of course this was said to have happened in the daylight as well and she had no trouble seeing it. She wasn't terrified but more mezmerized. Imagination? I don't know. What makes me think it was actually a waking dream is the little guy had a pitchfork too lol.
Godsrebelangel (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
Well it is easier for younger kids to see spirits. I don't know why. I don't think you were imagining it. Hmm maybe in that house that you lived in might have a story to it. Did you ever wonder who lived there and if they practeiced any wicca? I might be wrong but if there is a spirit or demon somewhere there is always a story.

Take care may God be with you
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
Strange story, I don't understand the significance of telling us about the grape though.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
Well, what do YOU think? According to the title, you are not truly sure you SAW this thing.
Twice.
Same description.
Twice.
You saw it! *shrug*
It is MY opinion that it was what is referred to as a Shadow person. Most supporters seem to think that all a Shadow person is, is a ghost/spirit struggling to fully manifest itself. In it's inability to do so, it is viewed in shadow form. It takes energy to become visible when you are wandering the world "cloaked in invisibility", and YOURS just did not seem able to get a handle on HOW to show itself.
I would suggest looking up Shadow People and Googling the images. I think you might be surprised what is available.
Thank you.
ghostlover3000 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
Hey, sorry I haven't been on lately, I've been busy with school and... Some stuff

Shandi: it was tall and I couldn't see through it and the robe thing was black I forgot to add that in my story 😊

Princess123: I'm the only one in my family that saw it for some reason 😕

Tripwire:Yes I only saw it twice and I'm living in a new house now 😁 which I am very happy about!
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
I have a few questions about what it looked like. Was is tall, short, was it see through or not, what color was it? I have done some research on entities like this so if you could give more details someone should be able to help figure out what it was. 😁

Sincerely,

Shandi
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
cool I can't really explian this, when did you see it and has anyone else in your family seen it?

Princess123 x ❤
Tripwire (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
for it to manifest itself that quickly is beyond me, don't know... Have you only seen it twice? In how long? Are you living in a new house or?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: