You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Possession?

Real Ghost Stories

Possession?

 

I'm not really sure if what happened to me was possession, but I think it was. Almost positive. It was earlier this year during school. It was really late and I woke up from a deep sleep, but I didn't open my eyes, because I was still incredibly tired. Then it was brought to my attention that my feet were cold so I wrapped my blanket around them and tried sleeping again, only to have the blanket removed again. I thought that maybe I had stretched and the blanket just got removed from my feet so I fixed it again. After about the third time of having the blanket removed I felt a chill on my waist and it felt like someone was touching me.

I opened my eyes and a dark figure was standing in front of me, then suddenly it was like my eyes were forced shut and I was paralyzed. I started praying for God to protect me and while I was praying I felt this tingling sensation all over my body and I kept praying. I felt something rise and fall from my body numerous times before it finally went away. I slept on the couch that night and each time I slept in my bed something similar would happen and I would sleep on the couch. After telling my mom she bought a cross, hung it in my room, rearranged my room and I started sleeping with my bible until the nonsense stopped. It really was a frightening experience and I still can not stop thinking about it.

Other hauntings by IDrawOnMyself

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IDrawOnMyself, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
Well at first I thougjt it might be sleep paralysis but that doesn't stop just because you get a bible and a cross. Thanks for shaing but I don't know sorry.
IDrawOnMyself (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
vianet88~
It was a while back, like February.

GSI~
Really? That's strange, mine was more of like a loud buzzing in my ears and I couldn't control my body, like I said feeling paralized.

Shadowwalker~
Hmm... Maybe I wasn't? Some others suggested sleep paralysis, but I'm not sure about that either... Oh, and no I did not do anything out of ordinary.

Oli~
Yes, but I'm going to post that in awhile, thanks for the response.

Trudy~
Thanks for the tips, I feel like God wants me to read the bible more, because everytime I go to church I feel like that's what I should be doing when I go home.

Tonith~
Maybe? I will look that up later after I post my next story. Thanks!

Mbassy~
Like I said could be? I think I'm going to look that up, but I still don't see how feeling the way I felt was in any form normal even if it is common. I don't ever want that to happen again.

Elner~
That's what I've been doing and nothing has happened since. Let's pray that nothing happens like that again.

Thank you for all the replies and tips!
GOD BLESS!

❤ ❤
IDrawOnMyself (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
I haven't been on in awhile, so I'm going to try and reply to everyone, but something very odd has happened since then! It happened like 10 minutes ago and I'm still a little creeped out.
elner (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
I for 1 never had any ghost experiences that can be explained or felt anything like pressures or such because I know they arent real the devil is possesing you to believe that ghost are real and when he suceeds he will restrict your movement of things such as---go in a dark room--open a closet that is so dark---stay in a dark room without panicing... All you have to do is pray to God for protection and that is all you have to do so that the devil won't even harm you OR EVEN TOUCH YOU
mbassy (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
I have just found this site and have never seen a ghost or had any paranormal experiences except for something similar to what you are describing which happened years ago.

I feel like my body was asleep but my mind was conscious and I was paralized. There was a loud noise in my ears that seemed to get louder and I feel as if something was in my room or sitting on my stomach.

I also feel as if I am floating near the roof. Sounds scary but I went with it and eventually I felt my body wake up and totally peaceful felling came over me and it was if I was lying on a bed of water.
It is called sleep paralysis and is common. I wouldn't be worried about possesion it sounds like sleep paralysis and is not harmful
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
I would say sleep paralysis most likely, coupled with vivid dreaming. I'm going to assume you are a teenager and there is also the factor of hormones, bodily changes, tensions and insecurities. This can ultimately end up manifesting itself in our dream state.
Should you have a ghost in the house there are people on this site who can help you get rid of it. I would simply tell it to go to the Light. I don't believe in possession but I do believe in obsession and the outcome can be just as frightening.
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
Dear I Draw on Myself,

I don't think that you were possessed. I do believe that a being was trying to mess with you, probably scare you. It won't really help to sleep with the Bible under your pillow. You need to wield the Bible like a sword. If you have a good memory start to memorize some Bible verses. If you don't have a very good memory read the Bible out loud. Say the Bible verses out loud when you are being messed with. Command the being to leave you alone in the name of Jesus Christ. I hope this helps. You will probably have to do this several times because there is a battle going on and the being won't give up easily.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
It doesn't seem like sleep paralysis to me, since you said the blankets were moving by themselves and something touched you. Have you had any more experiences since then?
shadowalker (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
ok unlike the people befor me I do not baleave you wer posest a posestion is when something has control over your body it sounds like you had somthing attached to you or attacking you, did you do inything the day befor it happened made a dicistion in your life or started doing something you normaly don't do? Mind you I am not saying you wer not posest I just don't baleave you wer... Thanks for the post keep them comeing.
Walk the shadows to see the light
GSI (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
Woah. I've been possed once. So that's what its like for some people. Woaj=h, my possension was just a ghost talking over me for the whole day. I don't rember that day at all. All I rember is getting ready then hearing a bang behide a chair right next to me but that's it
vianet88 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
I'm curious how long ago this happened to you, about 4 weeks ago I had the strangest experience ever while I was at the movies with my small children, and I'm still not sure what to make of it... It was happening to a girl I date while we watched transformers... I will submit the detailed story, but to be brief here... My friend was not with us at the time in fact she lives in NW phoenix and I was in Tempe at the time... She called and text me about something in her room... She sounded scared out of her mind, which really scared me too, and after I lost communication with her... After which I received a ridiculously creepy text... I still don't know what to make of it which is why I'm here. I've never been so ridiculous scared... Again I will detail my story but I noticed you lived in AZ and I was wandering if this was a recent event?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: