You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demonic Possession

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic Possession

 

This story is in line with the things I experienced being an Altar Server. This happened last September 2018. Me and my other Altar Server friends were hanging out in our local parish convent when our parish priest called us from the upstairs porch. He said he wanted us to go with him to Carmen (the municipality next to ours) for something urgent. So we, being young and adventurous, went with him. When we arrived at Carmen, our priest (will not be named) took a left turn and took us to a secluded area covered by mostly trees. The houses were a few blocks apart.

We arrived at a small cottage in an very remote area (the last house we passed was about 5 minutes away). The priest then turned to us with a very serious face and a stern voice, told us that whatever we witness inside the cottage, our faith must never waver. The small house was packed with people, neighbors, we presumed. An old man greeted us, saying how thankful he is that we came. When we went inside, we almost fainted with what we saw. A young girl, about 15, skinny and short, was lying on the floor, screaming, mumbling words in a language we don't recognize, her eyes were all white, and she appears to be floating a few inches from the ground.

The priest quickly told us to hold the girl down as he will now perform an exorcism. There were four of us, James took the left arm, Bryan the right, Ken held her head, and me, being the bigger one, held down both legs. The priest then spoke a prayer in Latin and sprinkled holy water on the girl. The girl screamed and cursed at the priest in a deep male voice. She was trying to get away from our hold and I swear, she was strong as hell. I am 5 foot 8 and 77 kilos. But holding both her skinny legs down was like trying to push a truck on an uphill road.

We were going on like that for about an hour or so when the girl finally calmed down. She was quickly taken to the local cathedral (An hour and a half drive away) and it took all our strength to hold her down because she was still having episodes of it while inside the L300. This was the first time we ever saw something like this, and this will not be the last. I will post more soon.

Other hauntings by wysteria1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wysteria1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ungo_Ungo (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-01)
When did this Happen bro? I am familiar with the Town but I can't remember about this exorcism.

I assume your referring to this Catholic Church, right?:)

Https://i.imgur.com/GYuuNtc.png
Dennis191 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-10)
Well from what I could dig up on exorcisms... It is a really really rare event, and there so much hassle before it gets to actually dealing with it as a demonic possession. For instance just research the controversial case of Anneliese Michel (hoping I spelled that right) if there is a reason for someone to question whether or not it's really about a demonic possession well then that poor girl is one of those many many reasons, as she ended up dead, still it cannot be proven that she was really possessed. The other thing is, after reading this I looked up some known cases that were documented, and well I find it unlikely that the priest would just jump in the action to kick satans butt... So to speak. But hey, I won't say it's made up, I just don't know what to believe here, as I've seen some things myself, so I cannot rule out the possibility.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-25)
Anno I don't know if I should be offended or what by your comment. Seeing that you're not even from the Philippines I assume you know a lot about our culture and history (sarcasm).

Come to my place and I'll probably show you the difference of a "babaylan" from a "quack doctor" yup we don't call them "witch doctor" sorry to dissapoint you there and I'll maybe give you a quick tour 😁

Z...
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-24)
Hi wysteria1,

I'm not sure what's the deal with all the skepticism here, the "supernatural phenomenon" which happen during actual exorcisms, levitation, eye rolling, objects moving etc are par for the course. These have been even documented by Vatican-appointed exorcists in their books and memoirs. I'm not saying that your account is true, but one cannot simply discount it either on those claims alone. Lucia, these possessions happen anywhere and everywhere, just that they are not well publicised... You can imagine the shame and ostracism that it would bring to the victims and their families. My church actually sponsors a pastor-turned missionary who works in Davao, Mindanao relatively close to your location.

Another thing is the Catholic church lacks church-appointed exorcists in general (not sure of the Philippines in particular), another documented fact. As such, the priest calling upon inexperienced laypeople for help and not following "proper procedure", especially when a person is having an episode, is not unheard of. Philippines culture has a lot of animist beliefs mixed with Catholicism, and visiting the local witch doctor (babaylan) is still something many rural people do.

If indeed true, I pray that that poor girl is improving and that the demon terrorising her has released its grip on her, God-willing.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-21)
Ok, I don't discount your story because in the Philippines I could see this happening. In America, I don't think it would have all happened like that. But, it's possible due to the cultural difference this occurred.

I do though in general believe in demonic possession and exorcism.

The priest could have already done all the necessary steps but just told the altar boys. I could see that. How old were you guys?
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-05-20)
No freaking way bro, at least the girl didn't puke pea soup like Linda Blair in the Exorcist! 😁 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-19)
Wysteria1- as if all the dramatic special effects like levitation, the girl's white eyes, and the priest asking a trio of young men that have nothing else to do other than hanging around the parish, help him to perform an exorcism weren't enough red flags for doubting your story, you had to top it with "I missed it out on the story".

I doubt, or, better said, I don't believe, that the priest would have accepted to go ahead with the exorcism without a medical assessment of the patient's mental health.

"we were young and stupid back then"
Things haven't changed at all in such a short time, just saying. 😉
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-19)
Jeepers, I haven't been on here in a while now n when I come back I am greeted with such.

...young and stupid back then.

This incident happened last September.#shrugs

Everyone else's pretty much covered all my questions.

Why do I feel like you're the same person who pasted about your "grandfather's neighbours"?

Anyway, thanks for the post.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-19)
Hello Wysteria1

I find it hard to believe a priest would bring two inexperienced people to perform an exorcism. It is incredibly dangerous and can do more harm than good. You and your friends could have been hurt or possessed yourselves. I have a few questions of my own...

During the entire exorcism, was she still floating?

Also, what else did the priest do in that hour?

At any time during this exorcism, did she look at you or any of your friends, or say anything to you guys?

Thank you for sharing and I look forward to hearing back.
wysteria1 (4 stories) (5 posts)
-2
5 years ago (2019-05-19)
Hey Z

I know. We didn't know about about any other to do lists before the actual exorcism happens. All we know is that we were young and stupid back then so a trip to a secluded area for an exorcism sparked the adventurer in all of us.

Also, the priest asked us directly so we had to go.

As for how horrifying it was, dude you have no idea how terrible it is to watch.

Oo nga pala, nangyari ito sa Carmen, Agusan del Norte, Mindanao, Philippines.

Peace out

Wysteria1
wysteria1 (4 stories) (5 posts)
-2
5 years ago (2019-05-19)
Lady

Oh wow. I recently realized I missed it out on the story. The girl's family was very poor and could only afford to take the kid to a quack doctor (they mentioned it to us since arriving at the scene). As for getting permission from a local bishop, we did not know about that at all. We just knew he needed our help with something.

As for the audience, our priest politely asked them to leave and were ushered out by family members. And yes, she was still having episodes in the L300 on the way to the cathedral. And yes, we thought about the dangers of driving her there, especially in her situation.

When we got her to the cathedral, we were told to wait outside. We never got to see what happened to the girl, since the bishop's driver came and took us all home.

I just realized, I missed a lot of details to this story. Thanks for the feedback Lady
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-18)
Hi there! Fellow pinoy here.

I thought when someone is "possesed" there's a long to do list before an actual priest came in to perform an exorcism like investigation to prove he/she is in fact possesed and not because that person is just having seizure or something else.

And was it safe that it was you guys who helped the priest and not a fellow priest do the exorcism?

Anyways, it must have been traumatizing to witnessed that.

I look forward to your answers and out of curiosity, saan po ito sa Pinas nangyari?

Thank you!

Peace Z...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-18)
Oh...My...Gosh!

A few odd points about your story:

First of all, a priest wouldn't perform an 'emergency' exorcism without a previous medical evaluation of the patient, and then he would have to get the permission of the local bishop.

Secondly, he wouldn't bring just anyone to help him knowing the possibility of exposing someone else to possession.
Did he allow the audience to witness the freak Show or did he ask them to leave?

Why was it necessary to take the girl to the Cathedral?
If, like you say, "she was still having episodes of it while inside the L300." - wasn't it dangerous to drive such a long way risking that she could have overpowered you all and cause an accident?

Did you see what happened to the girl at the cathedral and after her stay there?

Is there a second part to this story?

I'll appreciate your feedback.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: