You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Tantrums, Apparitions And Magpies

Real Ghost Stories

Tantrums, Apparitions And Magpies

 

My Grandma died 7 years ago in her Hospital bed, 5 days after my nephew was born. She had spent her last 6 months in the hospital staring at the same 4 walls day in and day out. Leading up to her death she developed a different personality that would take over her one day and then the next day she'd be her normal cheery self. This new personality made her paranoid and she was convinced everyone was out to poison her. She was also convinced that she had spent the day on the ward with certain relatives that had already passed over, and even famous people. She claimed they had visited her.

After she died my mum and her 2 siblings had began sorting through my Grandma's old house to prepare it for when it was sold. On this particular day, not long after she had died, my mum was there alone sorting out the living room - bagging up photographs, books, ornaments etc.

She had not been there long when she heard loud bangs coming from the room above the living room (my Grandma's bedroom). The bangs continued to get louder, my mum described it as though a child was having a tantrum on the floor - kicking and punching. Then she heard a huge slam.

She went upstairs to find my Grandma's bedroom door had been slammed shut (the banging still going on). She tried to open it but said it was as though someone was pushing against the door, preventing her from opening it. She ran back down the stairs and left the house pretty shook up.

The night after we had been informed of my Grandma's death my sister was at home with her Husband, son, and new born baby. My nephew at the time was 4 and didn't really understand what had happened with my Grandma - I'm unsure whether my sister told him or not that night. His dad put him to bed and was reading him a book when my nephew sat up and stared in the corner of the room at the wardrobe. 'Daddy who's that lady?' He asked pointing at the wardrobe. My brother in law turned and saw nothing and told my nephew no one was there and to lie down and go to sleep. He then told my brother in law that the lady on the wardrobe was wearing a dress and had curly red hair (my grandma). Needless to say my brother in law being a brave guy - legged it downstairs and told my sister to go up! But when she did my nephew was asleep.

The next day in the same house, my sister woke up in the morning with the baby and opened the curtains. She said at least 50 Magpies were sitting around her house, on the fence, in the garden, on the car, on the windowsills. She woke my brother in law up who saw them to. They were all squawking away and she said they were only surrounding their house - no one elses...

I don't know what the Magpies meant but the other 2 stories are pretty self explanatory. Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Hanbobs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanbobs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
hey, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma.
Its a tragic sight to see them drift like that I know. So my heart goes out to you.
Im sure she was just coming to say one last goodbye before she moved on 😊
Magpies I have no idea 😕 Maybe do some research into that?
xXelliemayXx ❤
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Thank you EyesWideOpen, I'll keep you posted if anything comes to light.
Hanbobs x
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
I've read quite a few stories, both here and at numerous other sites. I have no idea about the Magpies..., if you discover what that is all about, I'd like to know.

Very interesting story. Sorry for your loss. ❤
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
Thanks for comments guys 😁
We arn't a religious family and don't really follow it, (we just go with our own flow) haha. But if I were to say a culture/religion it's white british + Christian/Catholic.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Guess grand ma wanted to let you know she was still around. There is a connection with birds and death in many cultures so there must be something to it.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
Sorry about your grandma wow the other that not really scary but I enjoy your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: