You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Pregnancy Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Pregnancy Ghost

 

My story happened last year (2008), beginning in approximately mid February and ending some months later when we moved house. The house in question was a rental, so we would have moved on anyway, but I was still quite relieved to go.

I was about three months pregnant at the time, and we -myself, my partner, both of us now 19, my brother now 14, my sister now 11, my mother and father, and family cat- had been in the house about four months, and aside from odd sensations occasionally, such as the feeling of being watched (which is quite common for me), there was no suggestion of spirit activity. The relationship between myself and my partner was quite strained at the time, not least so by the bub on the way, meant that often we would not go to bed at the same time, with him staying up to talk on the internet until ridiculous hours while I rested.

I had just turned off the light that first night, and my eyes did their usual 'wander randomly at things in my room' which helps me fall to sleep. But this night, my gaze was drawn to the center of the room, about two feet from where I lay, and there I saw (or thought I saw) a patch of air that seemed thicker and darker than the rest. I am quite curious by nature, so I stared at it more intently, and then realised it was in a humanoid shape. I felt myself suddenly overcome by fear, and I moved quickly to flick on my lamp. I could no longer see the figure in the light, but I still felt very disturbed and not at all sure if I had seen something or just dozed off incredibly quickly, so I went to tell my partner. Both he and I are of a skeptic-but-kind-of-believe mentality (if that makes sense), so I don't know if he believed me then but he let me curl up next to him and asked all the appropriate questions, and then gave me soothing words and comfort until I fell asleep.

We didn't think much more of it, though I preferred sleeping with the lights on after that, as I'd rather lighter but assured sleep rather than waking up in terror.

There was a couple who we saw quite frequently back then who used to stay for the weekend. About a month later, my partner informed me that the girl (we'll call her Jenny) had told her partner (alias 'Bob') that she had woken in the night to see, quote, 'a dark hooded figure in the middle of the room' which had scared her, but she had rolled over and gone back to sleep. My partner claimed he had not told Jenny or Bob of my encounter, if it was such, prior to being informed of hers.

Also, not every night (as I said, I preferred to sleep with the lights on after that), but whenever I had decided to be a skeptic that night and turned the lamp off, I saw the similar darker, thicker patch in the middle of my room.

I possibly would not have been so disturbed except that I was pregnant at the time (as I mentioned before), and I was a little concerned that the 'apparition' had begun to appear around the 'official' (read: doctor's calculated guess based on ultrasounds at) the three-month mark of my pregnancy, which is when I consider (and I think I'm not alone in this) the embryo becomes a foetus, or baby. She just turned one in September this year (2009).

My partner and I saw the figure countless other times, always standing immobile in the centre of the room, and to my recollection always accompanied by feelings ranging from 'creeped out' to absolutely petrified, though there was never much of a feeling of it during the day. I can't remember now if I ever heard anything or felt random hot and cold flashes or anything else typical of paranormal activity, but pregnancy brings on a lot of emotions and sensations out of the norm so I take that into account as well.

Jenny was not pregnant at the time though, and Bob wet the bed a couple of times when he was staying at ours, of course denying it (at 19, who wouldn't? But you can't fake-pee).

Hope this gives you food for thought. It certainly visits my thoughts from time to time now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Firice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-28)
Hello, again, Firice.
That is a really descriptive explanation, the "sucking in of the moonlight", I have heard that just a few times, actually. Very nice, thank you.
I only asked, as there have been numerous counts when Shadow people (you will undoubtedly hear MANY an explanation of them, but this is my PERSONAL feel on the situation) came when in moments of high stress to the individual they appear to. In fact, so much so, that it is linked often with mental discord, and added meds to some individuals who did not NEED them.
It is MY personal thought that Shadow People are most likely just not "strong" enough to fully manifest themselves, and little more than that. They are not more evil, and their lack of color has nothing to do with it. They are just not strong enough on their own.
I have often wondered what the significance of a Being walking from left to right really is, as I can find no concrete answers into this, much superstition, but no known facts.
Thank you.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
I agree with everyone on here... And I would go with a residual haunt. Just for the information though!
Residual haunts are the remaining emotional essence of an event or person. It is the replay of of a time or event on the fabric of the air in a location. There is no actual ghost present just a replay of what once used to be present.
xXelliemayXx ❤
Bellacake78 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
that is really weird and I have seen something like that but I'm too young to be pregnant so that's not the case 😆
Firice (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
whitebuffalo: It was a while ago, but I think I remember being most afraid of it for the fact that I couldn't get my eyes to focus on it or its silhouette properly. I lay there for a good five minutes trying to see it, my first reaction is (unfortunately) always curiousity. It almost seemed to be sucking in the moonlight from around it, my room got darker the more a looked. So I couldn't say for sure if it was a "shadow person" or if it was blocking the light.
And I am not by any stretch psychic, but I am 'sensitive', and the fact that it was while I was pregnant kept coming into my head from my left, hence why I stressed the point so much. I will definitely look for the discussion regarding paranormal experiences in pregnancy. Thanks for your help.

Tonith: I am not sure about the times (the first was at about 22:30), but as for the areas, Jenny saw it in the spare room, almost as far from my room as you can get in my house. I am going to find out more about residual hauntings though, hopefully that's all it was. Thank you:)
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
Pregnancy and hormones can play a big part in nightmares/night terrors. However, you were not the only one experiencing it. Not sure what was going on but sounds residual. Especially if it's happening at the same times/same areas/etc.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
Absolutely right on both explanations of a residual haunt. Residual haunts are the remaining emotional essence of an event or person. All it really is, is the replay of of a time or event on the fabric of the air in a particular location. There is no interaction, no sending someone to the Other Side, as there is no actual ghost present. There have been numerous counts of live persons who have been seen in this form.
I am actually very curious about your first description of what you saw. You said that it was "a patch of air that seemed thicker and darker than the rest", and that it was definitely humanoid in shape. Not to sound as if I am... Anyway, WAS it a "shadow person", or was it more of a being that BLOCKED all light?
Hard to explain that right in a question, but I mean, COULD it have been something more than "just" a shadow?
If you look through the archives on this site, there have been numerous discussions about the thought that PERHAPS pregnancy has a bit of a link to the paranormal. I am not sure that the end of the first tri/starting of the second trimester has much to do with it, and of course, there is no actual proof (as in MOST of the discussions of this nature), but there were several women on here that said their experiences began during pregnancy.
AND a few of those women stated that their morning sickness symptoms seemed to be much stronger when dealing with the paranormal. Now, that is not to say that it is a direct link TO the presence of a ghost, but it could be in the stress (good OR bad) that accompanies visits.
"Jenny" may not have been pregnant, but YOU were.
Thank you.
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
A while back I googled a certain type of residual haunting since my sister-in-lay came to visit and heard me and my wife arguing. The strange thing is we were sound asleep at that time. From what I've read, a live person can leave this kind of haunting in extreme emotional distress, but still be alive at the same time. Residual hauntings move around and make noises too from most of the stories I've read or programs I've watched. Hooded figures are showing up a lot of places, especially when a person is trying to sleep. They are associated with sleep paralysis... Just my 2 cents
Crimson (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
Your very welcome, I'm glad your all in good health now.
~Voice
Firice (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
I don't know anything about the history of the other house, but the house we're in now was built in 1910 and was a gentleman's boarding house for bachelors. I don't know that anything particular happened here, but I can probably find out if you think it would help.

Thank you for the explanation, and for helping me with this. 😁
Crimson (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
Ah forgive me, I must have skipped a sentence, the morning sickness is something I know not about I'm afraid.
~Voice
Crimson (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
A residual haunting? Well I'm not good at explaining but, a residual haunting is something that repeats itself over and over again, just replaying an event from a certain time and day-- from the past most likely, do you know of your home's history?
~Voice
Firice (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
We don't live there now, but I thought for a while we had rats in our walls, though we never caught any in the traps.
And there were occasionally footsteps, but there were six people and a very active cat, so it could have been one of them for all I know.

One thing I forgot to mention in the story, I had incredibly bad morning sickness, to the point where I was hospitalized a few times. But then the sickness stopped when we moved to where we are now.

I still hear things occasionally now, and sometimes catch glimpses of movement I the corner of my eye when I'm alone in the house, but, as I said, it's a different house now, so it wouldn't be the same thing, maybe.

Also, forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is a residual haunting?
Crimson (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
Hello there, that seems to be a residual haunting dear girl. You said it was immobile so I'm just going to make an assumption. You had also mentioned something about darker areas of space, so it could be shadow people-but the inactivity of the hooded figure makes me lean more to the residual side. Tell me, does anything else happen around your home? Tapping, footsteps, or falling of objects?
~Voice
Firice (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
I would appreciate it if you had something a little more constructive to say. If not, please do not spam my story.
Thank you.
samiann18 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
ok then... That weird duhn duhn duuuuuuuhhnnnnnnnnnnn...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: