You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Paranormal Pregnancy?

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Pregnancy?

 

It has been a little over a year since I had given birth to my son, but during my pregnancy I had a number of paranormal experiences. I was in the middle of moving from Washington State to Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas, when I found out that I was four weeks pregnant with our son. My husband and I were not living together at the time, due to our different careers; he was a traveling technician working on wind turbines all over the country and I was in the Army. Since we were not married at the time and was still in the early stages of my pregnancy, the Army had me live in the barracks during my first trimester. I had no issue with the decision due to the fact that I was still a junior enlisted and very new to the area.

The barracks I stayed in housed different branches of military personnel, which were really old four buildings connected to each other and were three stories high. The barracks room I stayed in had two bedrooms and was at the end of the hallway of one wing, which had the light outside of the main door flicker on and off, occasionally. It is pretty common for Army Barracks to be behind maintenance, so I wasn't bothered by it, but it was still very creepy. After work, I'd walk around the barracks and notice a Cross that was conveniently placed between two walkways that intersected. I didn't think it was there for any other reason but for decoration. I didn't spend a lot of time in my room, because I really felt uneasy like there was something watching me. As the months went by, I would have bad dreams and wake up at three in the early morning and find bruises on parts of my body, which were mostly on my legs. I would have chills, because I was raised to be aware of the paranormal. I would do my best to go back to sleep and tell myself that it was all just in my head, because in reality I am scared of being alone.

I eventually got in touch with my family who retired in San Antonio, and spent most of my time with them and away from that building. On Thanksgiving, I met more relatives, and started talking about my pregnancy and they would tell me of superstitions that we have in our culture that I must abide by or suffer consequences (I am originally from the island of Guam and the local people are to be referred to as Chamorro's). It all started with me sitting down and crossing my legs, which, apparently was a big no no in my culture. I was told to also remove the necklace I had been wearing or the umbilical cord will be around my baby's neck when he is born. I was told not to stand or stay too close to a doorway, because my baby would not want to come out. I could not sleep with my feet facing towards a door or my baby would come out feet first. I was told to never go out at night since bad spirits might follow you and cause the baby harm, and always spray my perfume when I would feel uneasy, because the perfume of the mom or dad would be a scent of protection of the parents and would prevent bad spirits to take the baby, harm him, or make him ill. The biggest taboo I was told is to never tease or hate anyone because my baby would come out either looking like that person or have the same attitude as that person (sure enough my son ends up looking like his dad and acts like him too). When the time comes and he's born, I was told to not bring him out at night, especially if he wasn't baptized, and always cover him with his father's shirts and spray our perfume. I shared with them my nightmares and about the chills I would get when I would wake up in the early mornings, and they gave me holy water to cleanse my room. I did just that when I returned to my room, and nothing happened... For a period of time.

In the middle of my second trimester, my time in the barracks was coming to an end (pregnant females are only allowed to stay in the barracks within the first and second trimester), I started looking for a place to move into. I was getting real excited, because I was also going to spend New Year's with Devin (baby daddy) and his family in Ohio. A few weeks before my vacation started, I thought I was dreaming, but I heard loud footsteps outside walking from one end of the building to the direction of my room. I was facing opposite side of the bedroom door, because again, I was telling myself this was all in my head. The loud footsteps, from whatever it was, sounded like it was getting closer and closer. There was a pause for a few seconds and I didn't hear the main door to the room open, but I changed positions and turned around to look at my door and I saw a bright red light beaming from the bottom of the door from the common area. The first thought that came to my mind was that figure that everyone portrays of the devil with bright red skin, goats feet, and long horns coming out from its head. I got up and ran to turn the lights on. I opened my bedroom door and it was completely dark. I ended up praying until I fell asleep with the lights on that night, and did another cleanse in the morning. I wasn't bothered by anything and didn't feel uneasy after that.

(Fast forward to my vacation in Ohio)

I ended up getting along with Devin's family and they're amazing people and the thought of the paranormal experiences I had flew out the window... Until one night I had a horrible nightmare of that devilish demonic figure trying to take my unborn baby. I could only recall the horrific parts of that nightmare and remember seeing a lot blood on my hands from holding my belly and fire all around me. I was looking frantically for a way out and I saw that creature sprinting in my direction. I held my belly while I was trying to run away from that monster. I was cornered and that thing was right in front of me, screeching, and when it looked at me with bright yellow eyes and raised its hand to strike at me, I woke up. I was shaken and terrified and cried. After the many breakdown episodes I had, I eventually told Devin, because, I thought I was going crazy, and he told me that it is all going to be okay.

When I returned to San Antonio, I randomly started breaking out in hives and ended up staying with one of my girls temporarily until I found a place of my own. There were few cold spots that I felt in the spare bedroom where I stayed in, but brushed it off, because the base housing was right next to the post cemetery. I found a nice quiet place off post and was able to settle and make myself comfortable. I had almost little to no experiences, but I still do periodically cleanse my home, especially my son's bedroom. I would still hear things and see something, like a shadow at the corner of my eye, which would quickly disappear once I turned to look at it. I began to think that the building I was staying in was the problem and the cause of everything. After a few months, Devin eventually moved in and in May we brought home our son, Wyatt. As expected from a newborn, Wyatt didn't sleep throughout the night, and would wake up for his bottle. I remember he would wake up at midnight and around three in the morning. I didn't feel uneasy, because I had talked to my father about that, and he let me know that a family member who passed away is visiting him. I didn't doubt that, because I'd see my baby asleep with a smile on his face.

I don't know why it still bothers me today, but I am definitely stronger than I was back then. The nightmares had stopped and maybe it was my hormones going crazy, at the time. Still, I hope no other mother or individual has the experience, I had. I was very distraught, and still get goosebumps when I would think back on it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JazzyBaby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JazzyBaby (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-06)
Hi [at] Mannerizms
Little guy is doing great 😁 ❤ growing too fast haha
I still do cleansings, especially in his room. Sometimes, I just feel uneasy or maybe its just me.
JazzyBaby (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-06)
Hi [at] Jubeele
I did some research and found nothing paranormal about the barracks itself, but learned that Fort Sam Houston is one of the oldest military bases still in operation, so maybe that could be a factor. I'm not to sure about the horrific dreams that I had though. I'm really open to anyone who gas opinions. I feel like I still need closure from this experience. Thank you for your comment, too.
queenlol (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-05)
Thank u for your service! It's means a lot to me and hopefully others as well. 🙏
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-02)
Hey Jazzy, Know that You are not alone in this quite a few women have said to have more paranormal activity happen in the home or around them while they are pregnant. I can vouch for this myself, when I was pregnant with my daughter I had a lot of weird nightmares and some strange things going on in our house but after a good cleansing the majority of it stopped. As for Your dream about the demon as I think You put it, I believe that maybe you already being worried about something happening to Your baby and having all of the precautions rolling around in Your mind plus having all those things taking place without knowing what was causing it could have caused the dream. Why it was a redskinned goat hoof creature with horns there is no telling other than Your mind projecting fears creating a face for what seemed to be lurking about. I could be completely wrong but that's about all I could figure that would make sense with all of this. I am glad that You and Your baby are doing good and that things seemed to fizzle out. Thanks for sharing.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-01)
Your experience is really scary. I am so glad that you able to fight with your fear. Thanks for sharing.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-31)
Hi Jazzy. Thank you for sharing this experience with us. Can I ask during that time, did you have a strong faith? I know you mentioned you were raised to be aware of the supernatural. But even so, some people do not have a solid faith. I ask this because from my own experience, I feel what has always kept me safe is my solid faith. My faith in my protectors (family, friends, spirit guides) and I always tell my friends who is going through some stuff to believe, and have faith. I don't care if your faith is an Avocado LOL 😂 but I truly believe if you just KNOW inside you are stronger than this, then it will fear you back. On another note, I do believe babies (new souls) do attract other souls and sometimes entities. Many people will go through their whole life with no supernatural then once they are pregnant, they start experiencing. I think as you grew stronger, whatever it was got weaker. ❤
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-29)
Wow! That is VERY intense especially for a new mom! It's good to know that all is well and the little guy is doing great! I think as a mom, we worry about everything that COULD happen, which in my opinion, if you are not currently open could open you to these things. I was especially happy to see that your family was up to help with cleansing!

I hope this finds you and your family well.

Welcome to YGS! ❤

Stay Safe and Blessed be!
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-28)
Hi JazzyBaby, how frightening for you - particularly at a time when you're feeling so vulnerable.

Did you ever have any such experiences before this, or was your pregnancy the catalyst for them? When I was going through a very stressful period, I broke out in hives too. The skin is our largest sensory organ and our emotional state can sometimes impact on our physical state. So my initial thought was that the hormonal changes could be partly the cause for anxiety dreams etc.

But then that doesn't explain the rest...

It is interesting to note that when you returned to San Antonio after your vacation, you didn't have any terrifying episodes even though you were next to a cemetery. Perhaps you could look into the history of the barracks where you stayed and find out if there was anything significant about the cross between the walkways. Did you ever speak to anyone else who stayed there in the past?

Glad you and Baby made it safely through that period. Welcome to YGS. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: