You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Just Before His Passing

Real Ghost Stories

Just Before His Passing

 

My Father passed away on 4/29/06. He was 77 and was suffering from COPD; that day his heart heart finally gave out. A few days after his death, I was talking to my sister-in-law and she told me that a few weeks before my Dad passed, the last time she had seen him, Dad called and asked how my niece was and asked when they would be coming next because he had not seen her in a while. It was quite a coincidence that my sister-in-law was home, she was usually at work, and also she was off work that weekend and was thinking of taking a drive to my parents' house. They came that weekend and my Dad spent the day with his pride and joy, my niece. That was the last time he saw her.

There was some weird things that happened, but we only realized after the fact, around the time of his death. The day my Dad passed, we received a call from the hospital at about 9:30 AM. He was requesting that his wife come to the hospital. I drove my Mom there and my Dad requested to leave, he looked rather scared. He then asked me for some coffee but I could not oblige due to his condition. My Dad said that if he didn't leave, he was going to die and I advised him if he did leave he WOULD certainly not make it. At that point he asked to be put back on assisted breathing and we agreed he would be more comfortable. My Father, who was not very religious, began blessing himself repeatedly and looking more and more "concerned". As the doctors were switching him back to the machine, he expired.

A month after his passing, my Mother decided to make some changes around the house. She painted the living room and was very upset and concerned that my Father would not approve. Also, I had recently bought a dog which my Father had forbade me from getting for a decade or more. That night, as I slept, I saw my Father sitting on his recliner in our living room. On his lap sat my new dog, Murphy, and he spoke to me. He said, "Tell your Mother the walls look good..."

Though none of these fall under the standard definition of a ghost story I thought that my experiences did give more examples that there is something else out there when we move on. And there is more than one way for our friends and loved ones to contact us.

Other hauntings by bleck

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bleck, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
thanks for posting this story, aww it's lovely that you got to see him again one last time!

Princess123 x ❤
bleck (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-17)
Anna...

Thanks so much for your comments. I know how much of a good person my Dad was and he was so tired and frustrated from suffering it does my heart well knowing he is where he belongs.

I am about to post another event that happened shortly after he died.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
I like your story. It is simple and makes a true, direct statement which does meet a ghost story criteria to me. All stories do not have to be over the top like those stories related in sci-fi and horror flicks and novels. Your story is more like what truly happens to people. Refreshing.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
You are welcome Bill, I will be looking forward to your stories. Just don't let those with a different point of view or belief deter you from posting.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Anna (58 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Interesting story Bill, however I do believe that your father has gone to heaven and that was why he was blessing himself, He was surrounded by Angels at that time, I believe what you saw could be what is called a familiar spirit.

I do feel your father is already passed to go to the big guy in the sky.
bleck (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Thanks Shane... I am going to post some more things that have happened. Spooky yet comforting.

BTW...my Father passed on 4-29-06 not 2007... Sorry for the typo.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-09)
I am in complete agreement with your final statement Bill. I have had experiences as well as having friends who also have had visits from relatives who have just passed on. I think it is their way of telling us that they are okay and to help us heal from their passing. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: