You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 13 Years Old And Lacking Answers

Real Ghost Stories

13 Years Old And Lacking Answers

 

I know that my young age may make you focus more on how young I am, rather than the problem I am trying to get fixed. So please for the few minutes it takes to read the short passage below, forget about my age and please help me with this.

I am a 13 year old girl that lives in a small town in Ohio. I have a 4.0 GPA and my mother and I both are signing up for classes that will show us how to "feel" if there are spirits in a given area or not. Some of my hobbies are playing softball and riding horses. My mother has had paranormal experiences her whole life and yet she still does not believe in ghosts. So when I tell her any of what is stated below, she just simply states, "Ghosts are not real. It's just your imagination." And it drives me up a wall because this scares me and she won't believe me.

We live in a house that is only 3 years old as of today, Monday, august 02, 2010. So when the paranormal activity started I just thought there was no way with our house being so young. But then I realized another factor. My father's house is outstandingly old. It was built in the early 1900's. But it used to be an old grocery store back then, and if you were to look up the address (and for obvious reasons I will not state) it would clearly state that a boy with the name of Casey (something or another... I can't remember his last name) died there as a young man. It is said he was cooking food of some sort and as he was doing so his shirt ignited, resulting in his death at the age of 15.

I can remember days at my Father's house when I would lie awake at night and all of a sudden my little brother's toy tank would start driving across the room. It was one of those where you click the arrow and it will move. I can also remember times when I would be sitting in my sister's room and all of a sudden her closet door would slam shut. But all of that hasn't happened in a long time. Not at my father's house that is. A few weeks ago I started waking up in the middle of the night feeling like there was someone in the room. And sometimes when I feel that presence, my bunny (which is in my room) will start bouncing around her cage like a maniac. But the most recent happened a few days ago. All of a sudden I felt a hand on my arm. I jumped and it went away. I also couldn't find whatever touched me. But just last night I swore something was rubbing my leg and I couldn't move. I don't know whether I was just so scared that I refused to move or what it was that made it so I couldn't move. But then my sister walked in the room and it vanished. So I made her sleep in my room with me because I was freaking out.

I don't know anything about this. I haven't done much research on it. And when I tell my mom she says I'm either crazy or it's just my imagination.

Please help me... And don't tell me it's my imagination like my mother. Because all that does is make me feel even more hopeless.

Thanks for your time~ Fadingscream a.k.a. Faith

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fadingscream, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Investigator_Girl (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
Faith, your mother probably does believe you but is trying to protect you. What you felt when you could not move was sleep paralysis. The ghost from your fathers house may have followed you to your mothers house. I have no idea why it is doing this to you but you must stay strong. This is NOT your imagination.
Jane01 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-12)
hello, I may be probably too late, but I would like to mention something... I don't think your mom doesn't believe you, even more so after you said that she has also experienced paranormal events in her life. I think she just wants you to stop thinking about that. Mother's are like that, they always have this urge of protecting their children, even from the children themselves. I think by telling you you are imagining things, she wants you to stop pay attention to that...

and about that ghost, I don't think it's a malicious one. If it were, he'd have already harmed you by now...
Downofpower (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Hey I know how it feels you need to pray and read the bible evry night and ask the holy spirit to change your life have faith in jesus remmeber what ever you gona ask frim jesus he will give you
WildStallionDHSGahanna (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Interesting...

You not crazy. The fact that your bunny is reacting to the entity proves that you are not. The being is trying to make contact with you and seems to be quite docile. Maybe try and see what it wants...? That's what I would do.
niallsgirl123 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-04)
Hay, I'm recently 13. I believe in paranormal beings and when I tell my mom about when I feel like I'm being watched but nothing is there she doesn't believe me. I believe you, don't worry. Your not crazy.
Tropicninja (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Hey Faith, I know this is probably really late (I mean, come on, it's like 2 years later) Anyway, I'm 13 (though if it's 2 years from when you wrote this, you should be 15 now, right?) Anyway, from what you've described it sounds like the ghost is possibly of a slight sexual nature (hence him touching your hand/leg) (but hey, aren't we all at least slightly? Be honest!) But seriously though, It doesn't seem like this ghost should be considered of a dangerous or malicious nature/intent He probably just is lonely, or something like that, he may even be trying to contact you for some reason, if you can, please reply if you've had any other experiences prior, and after posting this.
Thanks!
~S†ephen
PS: don't listen to anyone who says you're imagining things, Ghosts and Spirits are just as real as cats and dogs! I have a cat, And I have had paranormal experiences! (okay I'm going to stop before I stray too much off topic now!)
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Good news you aren't crazy or imagining things. Possible reasons things are happening you might be psychic "aka" sensitive and those who are have been known to attract the unknown.

I'd ask your mother if she has any abilities she'd consider abnormal. Also it would help you to find a way to stay calm when having the experiences. I know it's hard to do but it helps more than you know
WHYME1996 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
hey has anybody helped you yet because if not send me your address and I will come with my cousin and gear and investigate and see what we can find and show your mom it is not your imagination
Psychic (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
YOU'RE NOT CRAZY! I've had the same thing happen to me

I was sitting at the computer and all the sudden fingers brush my collar bone and I thought it felt like a hand tried to grab my necklace and another time I was sitting in math class and the boy across from me is about to sit down but just stands there holding his neck I think a ghost was following me! I don't want this to get out of hand for you and people start getting heard try to communicate we don't need injuries! ❤ ❤
gmeaghan6666 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Maybe he loves you that's what my ghost said he thinks that because he touched your hand and your leg
geana11 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Your a very intelligent young lady and I do believe in all you have experienced. It's not all in your head. I've had to deal with many paranormal experiences and I also started very young like you. I just had NJROPE Paranormal do an investigation in my home. Please contact them they will help you at, www.njrope.com. In the meantime get holy water, sage and trust in the one above to bless your home. 😊
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Faith- I know this is a little late but... I am 17 years of age... I've been able to see, sense, speak to the un-living... And sometimes touch... But some people think its crazy that people can feel spirits... Anyways back to what I was saying... As time goes by you will learn and understand why you have the abilities that you have... I've had experiences all my life from the day I was born until now... But yeah if you need any help with anything... Don't be afraid to ask questions...
pigscantflyx (5 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
ok first of all tell the story we don't need to know about your whole life or your hobbies this is a site for ghost stories not your life story.
darkcloud777 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
hey I am an impath that is a person that can since the feelings of others as well as ghosts it is not easy being this way but I got used to it I know a lot about ghosts and stuff like that so if you have any questions just ask
Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Faith, I was 6 when I had my very first experience and from then on there was no turning back.

I've lived in a haunted house for 33 years. The house was built in 1972. I had no idea if the area was a battlefield or an old burial ground. I think it was an angry place. Anyways, my first experience... My parents had gone out for a party and my younger brother and I were left with our nannies. I would never feel safe with them. The night was somewhat cold. It was nearing Christmas. I felt uneasy and I wanted my parents home soon. So I went over to the window to try and listen for the sound of my father's car. The street was deserted. It was way past midnight. Something made me turn to the house next door. No one was living there. I looked at the house that was just a silhouette in the faint glow of the streetlight. My eyes slowly moved upwards on the terrace. I saw two figures on the roof, standing and talking. I thought I was dreaming. I strained my eyes to get a better glimpse. Now I knew no one lived there and the house was locked. There was NO WAY anyone could have gotten up there without using the staircase indoors. I freaked. I jumped into bed and tried to sleep.

Several years later I heard the house next door WAS haunted. A bachelor lived there for a while until he couldn't take it anymore.

In my experiences... Years of experiences NO ONE believes you. Either they want to but don't want to seem crazy or they are too scared or they are in denial.

I have so many stories of my past experiences and even right until recent times. If I tell you some of them you would freak.

My mom would refuse to believe me. So one night after a particularly disturbing experience I got my mom to sleep with me. She saw the fear on my face, she couldn't see or hear anything but the look on my face said it all. She started crying. From that day on she never disbelieved me. Maybe you should try something like that after all "Seeing is believing"!
isabellahocroft (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
im 14 and I've seen and felt spirits my whole life, there was a stage I was going through when I didn't want to see them anymore simply because I couldn't handle it, its a great gift and my bestfriend is jealous because she can only feel them which makes her more scared because she can't see what's there
Dachande (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
Ok first of all your age makes no difference I disagree with the people saying you'll grow out of it, and before that makes you feel hopeless I simply mean you can choose to grow out of it I myself am only 19 and I am just as sharp with the spirits as I was 6 years ago. While it is good that this spirit has not harmed you becareful that can change. Try communicating with it (without a Ouija board) if it turns violent then definitally use shielding. I can be sure the spirit is ether the 15 year old or a demon (unlikely) in ether case it is more then likely a crush.

Hope I helped
Dachande
Emjay (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
i agree with auroramidnyte the feeling of not being able to move may have been sleep paralysis but do you know if the thing touching you is the casey guy?
AuroraMidnyte (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Faith,
I am 15 and have had many experiences with the paranormal, I am also in a youth paranormal group and I have some medical training. The feeling of not being able to move when your mind first jumps from a sound sleep is known as something called sleep paralysis, your mind is still partially in the dream state when this happens so that could account for you thinking that someone was rubbing your leg or touching you. It often disappears as fast as it starts. I am not saying that this is entirely the reason your feeling these things but I realized as I was reading your story that you usually feel these things after you wake from a dead sleep. As for your bunny, they usually reflect the emotions of the person they are around a lot, I have raised 5 myself and that is something I learned. I hope this can you out Faith, please keep me posted, I would love to help you out in anyway possible.
~Blessed be~
Aurora
Midnight_rose (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
I'm 14 and I have never had a experince like that, but I have had some. Anyway, I think that you should do some more reaseach on whatever it is. Also, it doesn't have to have a connection to you, it could just be wherever it is and just wants to touch you. Wow that sounds perverted, but it can be true. Maybe it likes to be warm? You should also ask if anyone else has felt anything in that place.
XxSuicidexOrchidxX (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
I've had an similar expirences and one was just the other night. (Im 14) Who ever keeps touching you has a connection to you. You can not think of it and 'they' will go away or it will make things a bit more intense. Have you had anymore expierence's like this lately?

-Liz
Silvernight (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
I have a little ghost experience but that would scare me so much. I think I would sleep in my brothers room with them if that ever happened. For someone younger like you you're pretty brave:)
MeganSierra (8 stories) (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
I have had things like this happen, and honestly it still goes on just about every night. One thing I notice always helps is to speak with the spirit. Tell it how you feel about its presence, and if you want it gone, tell it to leave. If that doesn't work you could always try prayer and even try telling it to leave using the Lord's name. It may just want reconition, but if it get's voilent or anything, you have to stay strong, because if your not it won't leave you alone. I hoped this helps and I believe in you! There's always hope.
SkysMama (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
Ok, when you feel the presence in your room, talk to it. Say "I know you are there and I am not afraid of you". This will help you to co-exist and hopefully you will be able to bond with the spirit.
When you felt your leg being rubbed, maybe it was a spirit of a dog. Animals haunt too you know.
The reason you said the rubbing quickly stopped is that spirits move extremely fast because they are on a higher frequency.
Since you are so young, open your mind up to the paranormal world. It will benefit you later in life.
totpokin (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
That is kind of scary... Maybe you should set up a camera or something. Just to see if it can see whatever came and touched you. I do not think that it was your imagination, and personally, I think it was a ghost. Possibly even an incubus. By the way, age doesn't matter. I'm 13 too. Good luck
mbattag26 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-01)
Well if you want information... You could always watch ghost hunters on the scifi channel. Its always on on wed. That's how I know anything about the paranormal. It isn't very scary to watch, but its interesting. The reason that you might be experiencing things in the house that is only 3 years old could be 2 things: 1, the ghost from you dad's house followed you to the new house. (it happened to my aunt before. My grandma that passed away has been caught in family photographs following my aunt in an orb form) 2, before the house was built, there could have been something that happened on the property. Maybe a house that was torn down had a ghost, or a car crash happened. The ghost will stay on the property.
maddymouse99 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
omg while I was trying to read your story my computer shut down in the middle of nowhere and then wouldn't start. Then as I got my computer working again I felt a feeling of total sadness, and it made me want to cry. I am also 13 so I am not bothered by your age whatsoever. Thanks 4 reading 😁
HUarmy (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
I am a strong believer of spirits, I always feel watched... When I was looking stuff about ouija boards on the Internet (I own a ouija board) a bag of candy (I have no idea where itcame from) justfell over. I almost shiat myself. Nobody in my family believes me in anything! Anyway. Great story! I hope things get better for you (I'm 13 too).
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
A common misconception is the house is haunted. A spirit could of attached itself to you, or any member of your family. A house doesn't have to be "old" to be haunted either. The land it sits on could be haunted.

I know you posted this awhile ago, has this continued?
ambernsue (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Hello. Yes I understand the difficulties you must be facing. I am a person who can communicate with spirits (call it psychic if you like) and I understand what your facing must be difficult. If you have n.e other questions as to what you can do... Just send me a message...

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: