You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Valdes Vergara 675

Real Ghost Stories

Valdes Vergara 675

 

This is the second time I am submitting a ghost story. This particular story is important for me because it was the first time I could experience haunting. I was 8 years old then and at this age I never experienced ghosts and didn't know what a haunting was but I was on my way to discover it.

My family moved to a little house in Viña del Mar, which is a touristic city in the middle of Chile. I still remember the address since the impact of the haunting made in my mind at that early age: Street Valdés Vergara nr 675, and until this day I still wonder if the haunting continues.

The house was an extension of a bigger house (The house of the landlord) There was a big room, toilet, a little dining room, a little kitchen and next to the kitchen another very little room. My family was outside near the truck with our belongings and I had just entered in the dining room of my new home. I was alone in the room and it was a sunny morning. The room was very bright in the sun but I started to feel overwhelmed by a heavy sensation which concentrated in my stomach, a mix of dislike, of feeling unwelcome and a feeling of fear. To my big surprise I tried to reach for the door and get out of there, but I couldn't see the door (!) I looked everywhere and I could see the windows, the entrance to the kitchen and to the other room but no outdoor! I felt afraid and disliked the place very much because I was feeling that something unusual was happening to me. I ran to the little room next to the kitchen and there the feeling was so much stronger that I panicked and seeing no other way out I jumped through the window out into the garden and I scratched my leg a little. From that day and on, things started to happen.

Doors opened by themselves, strange noises at night and in one occasion someone knocked at our door at 10 PM in the evening and was exactly the way an aunt of ours used to do, three knockings and then three more very quick; my grandmother opened the door and there was nobody outside, she went in again and after five minutes it repeated the same situation but this time it really was my aunt there knocking. Sometimes we could hear knockings on the windows and we could see the windows move but there was nobody outside.

Another time I was coming home after school and my grandmother was very upset and started to complain to me of being late and asking me what did I do with the money and the bag she gave me to buy bread. I was surprised and I said to her that I was just coming from school and that it was impossible that she send me to buy bread since I was at school all the time until that moment. She became very pale and had to sit down to recover of the impression she got. I think that the ghost "amused" herself imitating others.

Sometimes we chased the neighbors' cat that was under our table but when we were sure we got him there was nothing there and when we looked outside the cat was sleeping on the other side of the garden (!). During the nights I could hear someone walking in the dark, moving the things in the kitchen and then walking in front of my opened door and moving a chair in the dining room, I could clearly hear by the sound of her shoes that it was a woman. She moved the chair, and then I could hear a spoon moving inside a teacup. Then she walked to the kitchen again and it repeated the same thing many times, over and over again until I fell as sleep tired after being awaken so late at night.

My family decided to move out at last. My relatives bought a new and beautiful house in a little city; two hours outside Viña del Mar. I remember that last night sleeping in the haunted house like one of the most terrifying nights I went through while living there.

I was there in my bed, awake as usual and hearing noises and waiting for her to disturb me again with her goings here and there in the darkness. I felt someone was standing at the bottom of my bed, it was her, and suddenly the bed was uplifted in the air. I was so afraid that I didn't move, I was cold and sweating at the same time and I was watching the bottom of the bed being lifted in the air and I felt how my head hit the top of the bed, I didn't hurt my head though I was being lifted very gentle. I felt like she was saying goodbye to me.

We moved to the new house and I was so happy to avoid the ghostly disturbance. My Grandmother was a little late paying the last rent to the landlord so after one month in the other city, she took the bus and went to the landlord we had and paid him and when she came back she was kind of upset. We were eating lunch and she started to tell us about the little chat she had with the man. He told her that he didn't want to tell us about something that happened in the house we rented.

The house had been empty for more than a year before we moved in because the previous person who lived there, a woman with mental illness was found dead in the little room next to the kitchen (that was the room I disliked most in the house) She had depression and committed suicide in that room taking very strong drugs (medicine she used to take daily). Every time he said to people interested in renting the house about the woman found dead in the house, well, people didn't want to live there, so at last he just decided to not tell anymore about what had happened in the house. He didn't want to miss the opportunity to get money.

I think that the spirit of this poor woman was still trapped there. What do you people think about this?

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Silene02, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
I agree. Suicide appears to be like putting the period at the end of a sentence. When a person is driven to that sort of finality, it seems like they're twice as likely to become a haunt than even murder victims 😕. I suppose it would be a similar challenge getting a lingering spirit like this to go back to the souls' Home as it would be to talk someone down from suicide. I hope the spirit you encountered either has an awakening, or someone is able to push her in the right direction.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Silene,
I agree with your belief, that people are affected by the negative energy that surrounds them. I often wonder, if science is one day able to prove that the spirits of suicides often do get stuck, if fewer people would think twice about that trajic way out.
Silene02 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Robertar: that's is impossible for me to know but nobody was hurt wile living there.

I beleave that sometimes people that has very negative thougths while alive, since their thoughths are negative energy, these persist in the place and affect others. To live in that house felt "heavy". We felt depressed and low.
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Maybe it was a worse spirit who drove the lady to mental illness and suicide
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Yes, I think she is trapped there and lonely, hence all the disturbances to let others know that she is there and existing too. I don't know if there are people who can set her free in the spirit world to cross over to the other side. I wish well for that trapped soul, and I am glad your family are now undisturbed and no longer frightened. God bless you all.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: