You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I'm With You

Real Ghost Stories

I'm With You

 

It was really hard for me to want to post this story and it took some deciding to do... Anyways I have decided I will post it.

Back in February my brother passed away, I remember a night or two before it happened being in my room sitting in my bed getting ready to turn in for the night. My mom came in my room and asked if I heard what sounded like a wind chime blowing, I hadn't heard it and quickly went to bed. I tossed and turned a bit then I too heard a faint wind chime sound but it was more like the sound of bells jingling. I assumed it was the wind chime outside and the wind blowing and fell asleep. As I have posted before I use to wake up with what felt like I was being attacked. I have not had any of my attacks happen until this one night... But it didn't scare me this time... I felt it was more an embrace or comforting cuddle. I tried to move but couldn't I was in the fetal position and I remember looking over at my hand and saw another hand on top of mine. The hand was very perfect and beautiful... Its skin flawless and pure looking, the nails perfectly manicured, but what I noticed most was it was glowing a bright golden color and felt warm to the touch. I managed to turn my head to see who or what was touching me and I saw a faceless face that too glowed gold... It was dressed in white robes and had golden brown curly hair and it carried a soft sweet smell... It then vanished and I went back to sleep.

I told my mom and brother about it the next day and they thought I had an active imagination but then we all heard the jingling noise and looked outside and our wind chime was standing still... Again we shrugged it off. Later that day my mom and brother went to visit my other brother who was in the hospital and I decided to do some reading, writing and ease my mind. I took out my dowsing pendant and stared hazily at it... And decided to ask if it was a spirit who visited me, was it a spirit who made the bell sounds, and if it was a good spirit... All of my questions revealed yes answers... I then asked if it was an angel and it said yes and then swayed to goodbye. The next day my brother died. I didn't feel anything else nor sense anything until the day of his funeral...

I remember sitting in the car with my brother, and grandma at the graveyard and my cell phone started to vibrate as if I were receiving a call... I looked down and saw no numbers coming in but decided to answer it... My accept button wouldn't connect the call it just vibrated crazily and stopped and the screen read missed call... I went to my call log and to missed calls and there were no numbers present, then my phone rings again and this time it allows me to accept the call and when I say 'Hello" all I hear is static, I try to disconnect the phone but it won't end the call... So I take the battery out to get it to stop and that did work. I thought to myself is my brother with me and just trying to let me know? But when you're in a grieving process you will think of anything to make it easy on you.

A week or so after wards me and my mom noticed in his car the locks would pop for no reason back and forth, up and down pop POP POP... We assumed it was just an electrical issue and took it in to be fixed. Then one night my mom picked me up from the airport and she was playing soft rock and we stopped to eat at a diner... When we got back the radio station had been turned to an R&B station... We just somewhat looked at each other and shrugged it off. It never happened again.

I have noticed though in random parts of the day or ever so often I feel as if he is watching over me or with me. I haven't seen anything else happen other than shadows sometimes and dreams about him trying to tell me a message... But other than that I do not know. I do not know if it was my brother's spirit or the other one posing as him. A lot of the eerie stuff I thought was my brother stopped shortly after he got his tombstone. So I do not know.

Other hauntings by Lanafairy81

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lanafairy81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Haunted26 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
It sounds like to me your brother may have being trying to talk to you through you cell phone. I've heard that sometimes spirits (ghosts) aren't strong enough to get through to what they want to do or say. That was probably why you only heard static on your phone. If your brother really wants to talk to you for some reason he will, in my opinion. Keep a look out for his ghost, and don't be afraid. I've scared a few ghosts away that meant no harm, but I was sacred so I guess I offended them. So whatever you do don't be scared, but be brave. Take care,
Haunted26
Casper-ess (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Lana-Fairy:What a very moving story...I'm very sorry for your brothers passing. I can assure you that all the things that you mention definietly were signs... Sometimes they're subtle & progressivly become more apparent... I also believe you had Angels around to make the process a little bit easier... So I think that once he got his tombstone, everything was done. He's always with you... Just because they're no longer there doesn't mean he's not around...he'll forever remain with you. In your heart.
Thanx for sharin ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
A very moving story Lanafairy81 I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your brother. I have no doubt that the subtle signs you experinced where from your brother to let you know that he is at peace. All the best to you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
sorry to hear about your brother. In my opinion, your brother is telling you something. Maybe he wants to say that he is happy now and you guys can move on.

Szaffi (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
That's sweet. You must have been really close to your brother.
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
I too have had dreams on several occasions where my brother is in the hospital still but he isn't sick he is actually feeling better and wanting to go home. I do find myself at random times periodically thinking about him but I quickly change my thought for I do not want to break down. I feel he is in a better place and is happy there.
jsp81355 (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
Your story reminds me of my own experiences following the death of my brother, Warren, in 1998. I have experienced unexplained flashing lights, those static filled phone calls (3 in a row a day or two after he died), touches and pokes (always in 3's), and have had two or three incredible dream visits with my brother. He knew about my interest in after death communications for many years before he died, and I believe he feels that I am receptive to his letting me know he is near. I should also mention that I have met with a channeler on several occasions who has reiterated my experiences point by point without ever knowing my brother or anything about the experiences I have had. This has always helped me heal my heart following my brother's death.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
This story tugs on my heart. I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. I am in agreement with SuperHBK that the angel came to you to prepare and comfort you for what was about to happen. Spirits always find a way to give hints to their loved ones to let them know they are around. I do believe your brother used your cell phone to deliver that message. I share the same theory as SuperHBK regarding the tombstone. Once it was placed at the grave, your brother's spirit was able to rest. Your brother will always be with you, and every now and then I'm sure he will give you a little sign of his presence. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Take Care 😊 ❤
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
It was hard for me to post it because I sometimes hate looking back to my brother's passing. Ty for the kind words... I too questioned if it were an Angel or if it was My brother's Angel either way the faint hauntings stopped the day he got his tombstone.
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Lana-fairy. Wow what a great story, I had a lump in my throat reading this story, its amazing how spirits communicate. This also happened to my cousin who passed away. 2 Days before she died my Nana sensed an spirit in her room, which looked like my cousin and 2 days after that she was dead.

Now want I actually wanted to say is that your brother game to you before he died to show you where he is going. And he wanted to give you piece of mind that he is in a safe place and nothing can or will harm or hurt him.

When they placed his tombstone on his grave he finally got his resting place and I think that his spirit is at ease now, or the spirit that you saw could have been a angel coming to tell you that it is time for your brother to go and that you must be ready for him to go.

Anyway LOVED your story so beautiful.

Thanx
Al.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: