You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tall Shadow That Still Scares My Memory

Real Ghost Stories

Tall Shadow That Still Scares My Memory

 

To this day I have no idea what this was I experienced and if anyone has any HELPFUL insight on what exactly happened and can help me to understand so I can forget the occurrence will be so much appreciated. Here it goes...

I'm 23 now but when I was about 14 years old I was spending the night at my older sister's home in Indiana. I was aware that she had been practicing the Wicca religion for some time now. Although that is not my belief I do not judge her for that. Anyways, back to my story...

I was asleep in the living room, sleeping really well actually from what I can remember, and then I heard something in my head say, "wake up now." plain as day. My eyes suddenly popped open and I was wide awake. I looked around and the voice came back and said, "look in the kitchen, PLEASE!"My eyes diverted toward the kitchen. I saw this thing. To this day I don't know what it was. It was extremely tall. I would say close to 7 foot tall and black, like a shadow almost. And it almost glided across the floor. Not floating but not walking either just moving. My heart stopped. All I could do was stare at it. As it left from the kitchen it came in the living room and bypassed me going into my nephew's room who was a baby at the time asleep in his crib. As soon as I saw this thing going into his room I took a big breath, a very loud gasp. It suddenly stopped and I could almost tell that it turned toward me to almost "look" at me. As soon as that happened, I literally could not breathe or move any muscle in my body. I tried but it wouldn't let me. Then suddenly it jetted into the corner of the room where there was an overcast of darkness and I could no longer see it. I saw part of the figure pop out from the dark corner and look at me one last time then I didn't see it again and I could suddenly move and breathe again.

I saw this "thing" one other time about a year later at my grandmother's house while visiting and I believe that same older sister was staying there visiting as well but I can't fully remember. It is something I want to forget but I simply can't. I just put my head under the covers and didn't look again until morning. That was 8 years ago and I haven't seen anything like it since but it has really burned a hole into my memory and I just want to know if someone anywhere can please help give me closer on this and try to explain any of it to me.

I am no liar and I am not looking for criticism. Just any insight on what it may have been. I am a Christian and believe in the lord so it isn't because I don't know god or because I practice something "dark" and I have never messed with any Ouija board. Oh and I was not dreaming. I remember every single detail and it still scares me

My sister has been Wicca for twenty years. I grew up around her being Wicca. It is a part of who she is and it doesn't "freak" me out. I just believe different. That's all. And if anyone is wondering, I still have all sets of grandparents. I have not lost anyone close to me thank god, so I don't believe it was any family member.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bamagirlco06, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rashidah (guest)
-1
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
She stopped writing and drawing years ago. She mostly sleeps a lot of the times now. I just hope it is not the side effects of the medication she takes.
But I will see if I can get her to do write and draw agian.

Thanks zzsgranny.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
bamagirl,
you need not to apologise. One poster came on this thread calling other people's ideas/thoughts rubbish. When it comes to a topic, such as the Paranormal... It is the fool who stands up and claims that his take on it is correct, while everyone else knows not what they're talking about.
To say that mental illness and the paranormal have nothing to do with one another is, in my opinion, complete rubbish. 😁
bamagirlco06 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
the house is very old. It use to sit where the man made lake is now by my house. They moved it along with the plantation house next door to me. Weiss Lake covers 30, 200 acres and crosses the state border into Georgia. The reservoir is 52 miles long and has 447 miles of shoreline. It was made in 1958 so the house was built long before that.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
That's pretty interesting about the house. Sometimes it seems like we're in one weird situation, then when we move, we're right back into another. Is the house new or were there previous owners?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
Yeah, bamagirlco06- No need to apologise. Personally, I am not tense about the situation at all. I am good. How about you?
See, the thing is, I get a mite t'ed when people post misinformation. I added ALL those links so that someone could look into it for them-self. For someone to call someone what was called...
Anyway. No need to apologise. The STORY did NOT cause the "issue".
Thank you.
bamagirlco06 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
well thank you, and I now live in alabama and she is still living in indiana. I haven't talked to her in a while so I may need to check up on that. And weird thing is, last night my husband and my 6 year old step son and I were all sitting together in the living room and while he was talking to me from across the room sitting in his reciliner I was focused on the curtain in front of me moving when the air cut on underneath it. What was so weird about it was there is a window behind that curtain. No objects and when the curtain started blowing around, there were solid shapes that were visible from behind this curtain. I couldn't make out the shapes but it was like you could see solid outline of these "shapes" I didn't take my eyes off of them and I called my husband to come sit beside me and watch. He did and he saw it too. My step son then came over and looked in that direction wondering what we were staring at and we didn't have to say a word because he saw it too. And it went on like that until the air cut off. I didn't feel scared, just curious really. Gotta look into this. I have only lived in this house about three months
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
Bamagirlco06- You don't need to apologize for anything. Sometimes this sort of thing happens... However, its rare. There is no reason to apologize when you need help. Most of us want to represent your nephew well, and get a little defensive if we have family members or friends in the same situation.

Anyway, how is your nephew doing? Have you all seen the figure, or anything else recently?
bamagirlco06 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
wow, um... You can cut the tention around here with a knife. I'm sorry my story hit so many nerves... Wether it was a good or bad nerve. I kind of feel the need to apologize to you all for bringing up such a sensitive subject 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
LouSlips - I want to thank you for speaking up, even when you didn't have to. Sometimes education isn't all it's cracked up to be. All the education in the world doesn't make up for life and experience.

I have kept my mouth shut and my comments to myself even when I wanted to shout out my outrage at the comments one of the new posters is making to one of our "Distinguished Posters." I'm still going to keep my mouth shut about that, but I do want to thank you for sharing your story about your daughter.

Bless you and your family. ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
szaffi,
I never mentioned anything about autism having something to do with demons or as you put it "things like that"...I was only saying that it may be more than coincidence that this baby in question turned out to be autistic. What makes you an expert on the paranormal and its relation to human illness? When has the relationship between mental illness and the paranormal become rubbish?...as you have stated in your post.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
The ability to see, feel, sense ghosts; is possessed by every one of us... It is a mental ability which is most often suppressed. As the father of an autistic child, it has been proven to me on many occasions that the neurological disorder that has slammed the door on my child's mind, has opened windows for her to see into places others can not.
As with many children in the spectrum, my daughter often gets "stuck" on how something should happen, and acts out when things do not go as she expected them to. One day when she was four, in trying to explain a situation to her, she stated, "Daddy, I'm mad at you"; when I asked why, she stated, "Because you aren't even afraid of that ghost" (A word we had never used around her). I told her she was right and asked her where the ghost was, to which she replied, "He's standing right behind you." I asked her if she knew the ghost's name. She said, "His name is Tank."
At the time, my wife, myself, our older children, and our employees were having a problem at our place of business with an entity that had claimed ownership of our property. The spirit was of a man who had been slighted by his mother who had left all of the property and her possesions to his sisters and nothing to him. Most of the unnerving occurrences this entity caused happened to my female family members or female employees. Upon investigation of the property and former ownership, the family's lineage directed us to a son who seemed to have been forgotten and poorly treated in life by his family. His name was Henry...nickname, "Hank".

My autistic daughter sees ghosts.

Lou
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
szaffi... Let me first say that if you ever bad mouth my home land again and comparing us with the middle ages then we are going to clash heads. Now secondly why don't all of you get each others email addresses and mail each other you people are blogging on someones pages who is really in need of help. Autism is not a disease so please get your facts straight its very common under newborn children from today...
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
First off, Szaffi.
Stop with the comments about Africa.
You are hitting a very BAD nerve there.
Second- do your research.
Re-read what Pjod said. You have had a personal issue with Pjod for some reason here lately, and I think it may have clouded your thinking. The point WAS- This story is NOT about someone with Autism. THOSE characteristics (straight out of MEDICAL sites...) MAY "support" visuals.
NEVER did I straight up say that if someone has Autism, or ANY other issue (ALzheimer's, dementia, depression) that they DO see ghosts. I SAID it may be a catalyst.
They are NEUROLOGICAL issues with PHYSICAL tell tale signs.
Oh, and uh... I do work in the medical field. I know a BIT about what I am talking about.

Please excuse the interuption to your page, bamagirlco06.
Szaffi (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
Shinigami0
But it is. Just ask any doctor or nurse alround you. Go to your GP and ask him/her. This is the only thing I can say if you don't believe the comments... What is okay. But if you listen to the common sense, then you must realise that it has nothing to do with spirits. To stary to say anything what is nothing to do with the reallity or is not true is the bad spirit.
Szaffi (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
Rashidah
Because they are not. Spirits can be attached to anyone. BUT! They are NOT necessarily attached to authistic people. Try to use your commun sense as well and don't believe everything you hear. Yes, with this I am talking against myself as well, but that's about right... To question everything you hear.
Szaffi (37 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
whitebuffalo
Because authism, mental illnesses, epilepsy and others have NOTHING to do with spirits, demons and so on. They are only phisical deseases. They have to do with the working of the brain and not with that rubish what you are saying. Please try to act like living in a civilised country and not if you lived in Africa where they still believe in things like that. Because of this what Pjod is saying is NOT valid. He has proved anyway that he is stuck somewhere in the middle ages. He is NOT keeping up with the 21st century. (If I'm mixing her/him up, then sorry.)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
Excuse me, please, bamagirlco06. These links apply to YOU, as well, but I need to address this ONE point in that comment down there.

Unknownplzhelp? Religion has NOTHING to do with Shadow Men sightings. I encourage you to check into them both here on site, and in other area's of this big beautiful Web (Jason Offutt is one of the writers who makes things a mite easier to understand).

Http://paranormal.about.com/od/trueghoststories/a/shadow-people.htm
Http://www.shadowpeople.org/
Http://from-the-shadows.blogspot.com/2006/12/shadow-people.html

Wado.
Unknownplzhelp (1 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
Hi. Im...well, we don't need to go into that.

I'm 14 years old and I had something almost just like this happen to me.
Last year, when I was thirteen, I was sitting in the lounge room with my brother watching a movie. I heard a noise from the kitchen so I turned and looked. All the lights were on yet there was this shadow, just like you described, very tall, black, and as if it was looking at me, standing in the door way. I turned to my brother and asked him if he heard or saw anything, he turned around and there was nothing there.

The scary thing was, he was also learning wicca... Please help
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Rashidah: Yea, it may be hard for her to articulate verbally, but does she like to draw or color?...Maybe you could get some info from her that way... Good luck 😊 ❤
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
I did not know spirits are attracted to autistic kids.

I should talk to my sis about that. But the thing is she hardly says anything.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Rashidah: You're right of course... This kind of sensitivity doesn't encompass every person who's autistic... Just like the rest of us, some people are more sensitive than others... I think the point that we were trying to make is that in light of the fact that this child is autistic, the probability of it being a spirit attracted to the baby as opposed to any other object or person is an extremely feasible theory, because they are MORE of a "spirit beacon" than someone who is not autistic...

Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
I have just finished reading these comments.
The reason why I said it have absolutely no connection with the spirit world was because I live with my lil sis who has a very severe form of autism.

From being around her all my life I never noticed the 'connection'.

The term disease is used here in Trinidad for this mental condition.

I was not saying this from the top of my head.

I am glad That we all have different opinions on this subject.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Bamagirlco06- Your nephew sounds awesome! He must be pretty creative at making rpg stories too, if he won a D&D tournament. Has anything else happened, involving the figure?
bamagirlco06 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
i want to thank each and every one of you all who have taken an intrest in this discussion. My nephew IS new amazing little guy:) and very very smart. He is a whizz in math and can take a computer apart and put it back together and he is only ten. He just got back from a junior dungeons and dragons national championship game and won! Although his father just recently took his own life, my nephew has coped with it and has some amazing coping skills. He can hold himself together better then anyone I know.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Also, a lot of times, it can be detected through ultrasounds. My psychology teacher has an autistic son, and her doctor, as well as herself were able to notice signs on the ultrasound. Also, sometimes, after the baby is born, they won't cry. Through childhood, a lot of autistic children have a hard time recieving hugs, even from the mother.
I don't mean to beat a dead horse with info, but I do believe that in order to help with this situation, there must be an understanding as to what the condition is, as it seems to be connected, somehow. WhiteBuffalo's links are spot on, and if I can come across a study series I had to research, I'd be happy to post that as well. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
"Autism, in all of its forms, is what is called a pervasive developmental disorder (PDD). In essence, it is a slight difference in the construction of the brain, probably present since birth, which affects the way the child develops. It is not a mental condition or a behavioural issue... It is a neurological difference. Asperger's Syndrome is also sometimes referred to as a neurobiological disorder - which means the nervous system has developed slightly differently to 'normal' due to genetic, metabolic, or other biological factors."
I just LOVE Stillman.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
If I may... Autism is no disease, as Zzsgranny, WhiteBuffalo, and (possibly?) Pjod stated. It is also not a condition in which the mental state is "slow". On the contrary, autistic children have an amazing ability to completely focus on one particular subject. If encouraged, these children can grow up to be successful adults. An example is Temple Brannon (I think this is the correct spelling).
I'll step off that soap box now, before I post any more info on what autism is.

Anyway... I can definitely see how autistic children could be more sensitive. Not only does it have to do with the fact that children are more sensitive, but the ability for autistic children to have perfect concentration on a single item increases this. Also, as Zzsgranny said, they have a warm spiritual energy. They're absolutely wonderful to be around, and I could definitely see how spirits would want to be around them.
Bamagirlco06- If you're worried about possible negative entities that could harm him, keep your faith strong, say prayers, and ask your preacher what you could do to protect your home. I hope he's doing great, and I wish you the best of luck. 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
bamagirl and WB: I love this quote from one of the links: "Spirits LOVE autistic children, as they are the most open beings to spiritual energy, as they more than half live in the spiritual world. But I want to give autistic kids their own post, as every single one I have met has had such an amazing spiritual energy - it's palpable and warm, and a little overwhelming."

So to those who are still skeptical of the Autistic connection (specially those who have studied "child psychology" as part of your training), may I suggest you read the links posted by whitebuffalo, you may learn a little more, and knowledge is king! 😊 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Hear, Hear, Granny!
When one truly stops and thinks about it, all of these "mind altering" conditions have one thing in common. MOST people would assume the afflicted to be "slow mentally" (or variations of the phrase) and UNABLE to process thoughts.
However, there seems to be quite a bit of documentation that supports the exact opposite. It would appear that in some cases, those afflicted think MORE, and more intellectually than the "average joe".
Wado.

I am done. My soap box slipped... 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
And Autism isn't a "disease", it's a condition, and the effects are of varying degrees... Many folks with this "condition" are never diagnosed... Much like a lot of learning "disabilities"...To me, no one "disabled", just limited to their own "abilities"...One of which may be the ability to percieve paranormal phenomena more than others... Or have more psychic abilities...

Food for thought... Thanks Pjod! ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: