You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House

 

I just moved into a new house with my family. It's an old house that was made in the 70's. My kids were excited to finally get out of the apartment and into a house. The only bad thing was that we weren't the only ones living in that house.

On the first night my husband and I heard a banging down stairs. We thought it was nothing so we went back to sleep. A couple hours after the banging, we heard a crash. My husband went down stairs to check out what happened. He came back up and told me that the vase fell off the table. We assumed that the wind might have knocked it down so we went back to sleep again. We had no more troubles that night but the next day we did.

When my son came back from school he went into the living room. I heard him scream and run out. I thought he might have seen a bat or a bird come out of the chimney so I chuckled to myself at how he screamed. But he had a different story.

He told me that he saw a man floating above the table. I went to go check but when I got there I saw nothing. My son was shaking and kept telling me there was a man there and that he wasn't lying. Later on when it got dark I went to my room to put away some clothing. When I walked in the room felt colder than it should have. I went to go check the thermostat and it read 70 degrees. But in the room it felt like 50 degrees. I went back in my room and saw a man floating above my bed. I was petrified. The man was tall and had a red beard and hair. I couldn't see his eyes because all I saw was black holes. As soon as he appeared, he disappeared. I stumbled down the stairs and reached for the phone. I dialed my husband's work number and told him what had just happened. His response was a laugh and asked me if I was getting tired or something. Knowing that he didn't believe me worried me even more. So what I did was gather my kids and drove down to my sister's house. I didn't want to stay in a house with a ghost in it.

When I got to my sister's house I told her what had happened. She also didn't believe me and told me that the stress of moving to a new house was getting to me. I stayed at her house overnight then went back to the house the next day. I was a little shaky and was a little afraid but I calmed my nerves so I wouldn't worry my children.

When my kids went to school and my husband went to work again I was alone at the house. It was raining outside and was foggy which made staying at home even worse. I was in the kitchen washing the dishes when I heard a loud bang in the dining room. I went to go check it out and once I left the kitchen I heard a smash in the kitchen. I ran back to kitchen and saw that all of the plates, cups and glasses where all smashed all over the floor. When I looked up I saw the ghost again! He looked at me smiled and told me to get out. I ran out of the kitchen and into my car and drove away from the house. I called my husband and told him that I wanted to move now. But he told me that we weren't moving because we already bought the house and that we saved up a lot to get it. When I heard his answer I went to the church and asked for the priest. When I got to him I asked him to come bless my house. He asked why and I told him the reason why. He agreed to come and bless my house. When I brought him to my house he began to preach, pray and went around my house splashing holy water everywhere. Once he left I felt a little bit better. Two days have passed and there were no signs of the ghost but I know he's still in my house. I can feel his presence.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, leaandrio, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
no update? This story really sat in the back of my mind. I wonder if it is made up, considering we haven't heard back... The story sounds incredible, where most haunts, the being is usually a bit discreet... This guy? I'd have my camera ready for a money shot, as shy as he is.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
there are a few things you should try first try and do some reserch into past tenants if he shows himself again try taking note of his dress may give you a clue as to his time line also he may be laying low as hes shocked you are fighting back so soon this is where I think you should get a diferent sort of help I don't know how religous you are but pleas try a spiritualist church this is there teritory they will be able to put you in touch with people that clear houses and are experts in doing so this spirit can be moved on you just need to find people that know what they are doing. They may charge a fee but then so do plumbers so don't be put of by this and choose one by reputation and don't just accept the first one you hear of.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Physical assaults are more typically associated with demonic hauntings. If you believe this haunting to be demonic, get your priest back over asap. Ghosts can be reasoned with, demons, not so much.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
ghosts can hurt you. He could push you down. Throw things at your head. Please be careful. You moved into his home and he is not happy about it. I agree that the priest was a good idea and you should do the sage.
ClaudiaLove (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
That's terrible... I have had to deal with some entities making me feel uncomfortable but nothing that makes me feel so terrified and tells me to get out of my own house. I suggest you stay strong. Negative energies like that feed off negative and scared feelings. Just ignore it if you can and stay strong and say something along the lines of "this is my house now. I am not afraid of you and you will not control me."
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
leaandrio,

Right off your story 'scared me' the fact that you said "It's an old house that was made in the 70's." shook me to the core... Lol (please tell me you meant 1870? Please?) 😆

I must agree, the odds are this is a former resident that has not moved on. There are many reasons this could be. I will not list them here. BJJ has some very good ideas on how to deal with this 'spirit'.

Please keep us updated as to the happenings in your home.

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
My two cents. This is probably a former resident of the house who isn't happy to have your family there. Keep in mind though, and this is very important, ghosts can't hurt you. They have a very limited amount of energy, and it sounds like this one is expending his energy rapidly trying to scare you. Scaring you is all he can do. I want you to rememember that. All he can do is scare you. Ultimately, all you have to fear is fear itself. Do your best to control your fear, because that energy will only feed this presence and allow him to continue manifesting.
For now, ignore him as best you can. Just pretend he isn't there. Once you have worked through your fear of this entity, then you are in a better position to deal with him. Tell him that this is now your home, and that he would be happier if he crossed over to the Light. Tell him his loved ones are there waiting. Be polite, but firm. You may have to tell him more than once, but the message will sink in, and he will bugger off.
Stay strong. This is your house, and you will make it a home. Best of luck to you and yours. ❤
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Hi Leaandrio,
Well you are in the right place; I can understand your fright. This probably is your first such experience.
There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site who can give you information on how you could deal with things like this. My most basic advice (as I am not too experienced in this) would be that you stick to your decision on staying on in this place and be strong about it. Unless you convince yourself that this is YOUR house and YOU want to live here, your fear will only lead to anxiety and eventually the only solution will seem like moving out. So please be strong!
I know easier said than done, but you will have practice this because looks like the 'man' you saw will not hesitate to show himself again and try a few more tricks. When that happens instead of running away stand your ground and if anyone should leave it should be him. I will wait for our more senior friends here to help you on how to deal with this but I did want to give you support.
Keep us posted please.
GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
That sounds like an angry ghost! Splashing holy water everywhere doesn't always work.
You have to buy sage to get rid of the negative energy, get two packs of sage burn it and spread the smoke throughout the house. Say something along the lines of "We mean you no harm, please leave this place in peace."
Another way is to get a buddy, go through the house holding hands and saying in a firm voice "This is the house for the living, not the dead. You are dead, so we wish you well to seek the light and move on where you ought to be." Be aware that things could get kind of freaky in a matter of seconds, as ghosts often don't realize that they are dead, so reminding it that fact will cause some surprise (wouldn't you be surprised if someone told you that you were dead?)

Thank you for sharing your story.

Take care!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: