You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost on the Bus

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost on the Bus

 

This story was about 3 years ago. Me and my family lived in California. I had to transfer schools from Alabama. My mom read to me all the schools in the newspaper and she let me choose which one I wanted to go to. She said one has a haunted bus and it was a bunch of myths, so I went to it. And tomorrow was my first day.

When I woke up the next morning, I got on my bus, the lady welcomed me and told me to go to the last seat on the very last boy row and so I did, and when I sat down, an old friend of mine turned around and told me I should ask to move, I asked why and he said "back in 1896 an old man from the KKK killed a little girl on this seat" and I said, "that didn't happen". He said "oh yes it did. OK, don't believe me".

That afternoon I went to my bus to go home and when I got to my seat, for a second I thought I saw a shot little girl laying down in my seat. She was mumbling my name. When I got home I told my mom what I saw. She talked to the bus driver about it, the bus driver told her it is just a imaginary thought. My mom agreed. When I got home she told me to stop thinking about it and I did.

The next morning I got on the bus and when I sat down I looked out the window and the little girl was holding a gun and she was mumbling a word, but I never went back to that school.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marcus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

winterset (4 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-09-29)
If you just moved there then how could you have an "old friend" on the new bus with you?
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
+3
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
In his first paragraph, libertybelle, the author says that he got the scoop on the haunted bus from his mom.
AdamSFC hit the nail straight, though.

Unless the yeardate is grossly incorrect and some proof of another more likely one for the incident causing the haunting (along with proof of the murder itself) is provided, the story makes itself less than believable as told.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
I'm confused.

First the writer says his family lived in California and he had to transfer schools FROM Alabama? Or is he saying that his family moved to California from from Alabama? The way it's written is ambiguous.

Then the schools were listed in the newspaper? And he could choose which one he wanted? What were they, private schools? Most places I've lived have school districts, and normally one attends a public school in his/her district.

What school would advertise a haunted school bus anyway?

Finally, an Alabama locale for the alleged ghost seems much more plausible than California, not that Alabama (or even the South in general) has a monopoly on racism or racists. It just seems more likely since the date for the murder is given as 1896.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Well, after considering the development of school bus technology dating from 1896, it appears that AdamSFC spoiled the soup for poor marcus.

The bus cited in this story would have to have had seating, chasis, and engine parts durable over a period of 108 years.
The current useful life of a public transit bus is 12 years.
That leaves only 96 years for this haunted bus to fill out, including of course basic changes in engine design which developed after 1896.

The small detail of where the ghostgirl was encountered on the bus shows that the little rascal had no respect for seating protocol, since she appeared right in the boy's row!

All told, it may not have been an entirely bad idea for the author to leave the country behind a story like this.



😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
People who don't like black people along time ago in the 18th centuery and like kkk thing like that kill black people cause of their color or something Yep sure do they do judge by their skins... I don't know why and yes like Princesskatie say poor girl that make me feel sorry for her 😭 Thanks for let me read your story...
AdamSFC (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
hahaha, so they were using the same bus in 2004 as they were in 1896 were they?
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
wow poor little girl. I have seen ghosts but they only can talk in your sleep. They don't talk in real life. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: