You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Lady On The Bus

Real Ghost Stories

Lady On The Bus

 

I'm not sure this counts as a ghost story but I believe it is paranormal, and if not paranormal, it was a strange coincidence that makes me shiver.

I was riding the bus, I believe the 64, which tends to be a busy route (at least pre-pandemic times). This was around 2019. What I remember was there were people on the bus but it was not that full.

I usually keep to myself and just stare out the window. This time there was a lady going off on some kind of speech. I don't remember what she was talking about, but my memory seems to point towards her saying, "You're the light" or something like that. I felt a bit unnerved, but chalked that up to being paranoid. I just ignored it.

"I know you can hear me!" she shouts. Again I just ignore it.

"I see your eye twitch, is that a sign?"

Again I ignore it, but felt slightly more unnerved as if I am being watched. She goes off about me or someone being able to hear her. I figure she is just a crazy lady on the bus. If I kept quiet no one would be aware of this strange "conversation". The lady would just be talking to herself as far as everyone else is concerned. Maybe that's what I figured really was going on.

"I see your mouth twitch," the lady goes on.

I feel unnerved again, like as if there's something evil trying to invade my thoughts. Just a sinister feeling I'm trying to push away.

I quietly rebuke it in my head, "Get thee away from me, Satan, in Jesus's name!" Granted I didn't consider myself a full Christian, just believe parts, the parts about loving one another, and sins being forgiven. I'm not much into the wrath of God type stories from the Bible.

Now the lady speaks louder, "So you're Christian now?" Now I feel like my thought sphere has been invaded.

The lady starts to sing (mockingly) "This little light of mine! This little light of mine! I'm going to let it shine! Shine!..."

She then said something about not being able to hide the light.

If it weren't for me determined to get to my college classes I would have gotten off the bus. I eventually work up the courage to glance at the lady. She's staring off into space, with a vacant look in her eyes.

I don't know if this lady read my thoughts or was possessed or influenced by something that did, or if it was just a coincidence. Either way I felt frightened by the event.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ButterflyChaser, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ButterflyChaser (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-06-09)
re: Lilcat21310
I'd guess she was 20's to early 30's. Short hair. Plain clothing. There wasn't anything that stood out as being possessed. My first guess would have been mental illness if it weren't for her seeming to read my thoughts. What did stand out to me was that she was expressionless, staring off into space and muttering/babbling when I glanced at her.
Lilcat21310 (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-09)
Hi butterfly chaser,
Honestly I'm I bit confused like you are. I feel more towards her being possessed. I do kind of agree with bibliothecarius. But I'm aiming for possessed.
I'd like some clarification of the details about her including:
-Approximate age (best guess)
-What type of outfit she was wearing
-What did she look like overall

I really don't want to make a statement with out the info I listed above.

Hope you get to the bottom of this,
Lilliana
ButterflyChaser (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-06-07)
Where the lady was on the bus, I forgot to add that detail, but she was standing in the aisle next to my seat facing backwards. If she was looking at me at the time she spoke, she would have had a good view of my face.
ButterflyChaser (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-06)
When I heard voices, my cat would look in the direction of those voices. I still don't have an explanation of how that could happen.
ButterflyChaser (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-06)
Most of the time I do figure my thoughts come from my own mind. I just don't like when some of my thoughts are mean, and some clash with my values. I try to rebuke those thoughts, but they are persistent sometimes.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-06)
Hi ButterflyChaser,

My advice for you, for what it's worth, would be to assume that all your thoughts are bubbling up from YOUR consciousness. Who knows exactly where the source of all the thoughts comes from?

Yes sometimes we have strange or disturbing thoughts but these can be acknowledged for what they are, dismissed and sent on their way, thank you very much.

However, if you are finding that you are having more of these distressing or disturbing thoughts than you can cope with, then I suggest medical assistance / advice.

However, before resorting to "pills" etc, may I suggest, from personal experience, meditation as a great tool. It helps to still, and calm all that random, often unwanted and useless activity of an over-active mind.

I wouldn't trouble yourself worrying if people can read your mind, or whether thoughts are being put into your mind from an outside source. That's a rabbit-hole that you can go down and never find anything tangible.

Fill yourself with positive energy, fear not and know that you are protected at all times when your motive is good.

Peace

Mack
ButterflyChaser (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-05)
Let's say I am not crazy and if some people can really read minds, how do I block it? I like to keep an active thought stream in my head. Some thoughts are intrusive, but others I may be puzzling on deeper things, like concerns for humanity and sensitive topics. Dislike for political sides, etc. Stuff that I really don't want to have invaded.
ButterflyChaser (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-05)
Thank you for all your replies. I had at first thought it was in my head, but it was real. When I saw her her mouth was moving. My eye may have twitched a little and my mouth might have hid a grimace.

I did end up with different experiences but not the same as this lady.

I did go through a period of hearing voices but this was not like that, nor did I have such a thing happen before 2018 and then it stopped and happened again in 2019 before stopping again. I don't think that discredits this story. It does add a layer.

I have seen a psychiatrist and taking meds just in case.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
3 years ago (2021-06-01)
I'm in agreement with Biblio, and have a couple questions.

Do you recall whether your mouth or your eye REALLY did twitch when she called you out? Did she really see and direct her comment at you, or was she just ranting?

This sounds like something out of a horror movie to me, yikes. You intuitively ignored her, and I hope you never see her again. I'm one of those people who talks to everybody, and am afraid I'd be sucked right in. Yikes again. But, good for you on what you said. I believe you do not have to be a religious expert to call on a higher power for protection.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-28)
Hi ButterflyChaser

If that happened to me I'd also be unnerved, I'm assuming that since you could hear this woman's voice, it had to be coming from a general direction, were there perhaps other ladies around or was it just the one you glanced at?
Berggraf38 (3 stories) (22 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-27)
Hi Butterflychaser,

I've had at least one experience of my mind being "read" by a schizophrenic person. It was very surprising and disturbing at first. From my studies of Indian and Tibetan spiritual practices though, I remembered a passage where the author said that many people have "supernatural" powers and use them (either knowingly or unknowingly) with varying levels of maturity and responsibility.
Timothy Leary (who was once one of the most respected psychologists in the world) wrote that many schizophrenics can see through the artificial "insulation" of everyday social conditioning and "see" what people are really feeling.
The way I dealt with my fear from my experience was to realize that though it can be scary that some people (or spirits) have abilities like this, spiritually mature beings don't use such powers for evil and that spiritually immature beings don't have the strength to affect you unless you allow them to.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-27)
Hi ButterflyChaser,

Thanks for posting this incident. My train of though is akin to Biblio's on this one so forgive me if it appears I'm merely re-stating an opinion.

Based on what you've described, in my opinion, there's two possibilities here; internalized creation or external source.

If you DIDN'T see this woman actually physically talking to you then it could be that you've had these voices in your mind and they are a creation of your own consciousness. This is possible.

Yes, it's theoretically possible that this person was not only reading your mind, but also putting thoughts into your mind, but to me, that's highly unlikely / unusual.

It's possible an spirit entity (not that woman) was "speaking to you", but as Biblio said, if that's not something you've experienced before, then it's either your first psychic experience, (which can be unnerving) or it's a manifestation of your own subconscious mind.

If you DID see her physically talking to you then that's a whole OTHER thing going on. That would be PROOF that she was reading your mind and physically addressing you. That's would be some freeeaky sh*t right there if that was the case! 😆

All the same, it's a fascinating account which has multiple possibilities to consider.

Regards

Mack
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-27)
Greetings, ButterflyChaser, and Welcome.

You state that this took place "around 2019." Have you had similar experiences at any point since then? If you have not, then it's far less likely to be a medical/mental condition. If you have, I'd recommend seeking out a psychologist or therapist to determine stresses or circumstances that trigger the event.

The way you've described the situation, it does sound like a hostile spirit manifestation, but I wanted to be sure you did not need professional help first.

Best,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: